Sign in to follow this  
SomaliPhilosopher

Shulman Rogers Press Conference

As you guys may remember Shulman Rogers is the law firm that was hired to recover Somalia's frozen assets abroad, mostly brought to light by the whole central bank governor yussur abrar scandal

This guy Shulman totally shits on the UN Monitoring Group. Interesting video.

Apparently ~$33 million has been recovered in assets. Not bad eh

Adam   

<UN monitoring group For Somalia Chairman Jaret Chopra should be immediately fired for incompetence . This man have no respect for the Somali Government nor respects its sovereignty as an international member of the World . Chopra is driven be hate and should be stopped before The UN group for Somalia and Eritrea loses what little credibility they have left .IF tthe the UN Groups is led by guys like Jaret Chopra God help us for really he is the lowest of the low a guy who writes lies and threatens people left and right for his own ego .

Holac   

He is a corrupt cayayaan having sour grapes for having his mission to rob the country foiled by decent patriot Yusur Abrar. I would give Yusur flowers if I could see her. We need more Somalis like Yusur. Yusur didn't want money, power or fame. She wanted to help Somalia before these malicious thieves tried to stop her. She was right to blow the whistle. Too bad SR got $33 million on its hands already.

^^ I respectfully disagree Holac

from previous thread:

<cite>
said:</cite>

Though I wished she stayed, I would agree in saying she doesn't "understand the Somali way." Yes the Central Bank of Somalia Act does give the bank autonomy and it should do so in practice. But of course these 'articles' and 'clauses' for all practical purposes don't really matter. We are a country that are just transitioning from over twenty years of lawlessness, at least of formal law. What did Yussur expect? For these dusty acts and bills to be taken off the shelf and the government to act in full accordance? For the President to attend to all her inquiries with only four weeks on the job, with most of her time spent abroad? These things take time. Yussur should have understood that and work accordingly instead of provoking a full out scandal because of the potential 'opening' of doors of corruption. Yussur will be received as a hero. A strong figure who stood her ground and held strong to her 'personal values'. Though with all idealism aside, this is not a testament of strength, but rather one of weakness. Somalia does not need 'personal values'. It needs patience. It needs flexibility. It needs calm . It needs understanding. These are not values of an individual but rather one of a nation.

<cite>

Can we have an honest discussion regarding the recovery of frozen assets delegated to Schulman & Rogers? Many of you in your quraba-joog lands may have bought the propagandized image of a 'peaceful' and 'functional' Somalia. Some of you may have succumbed to the white man's smile and believe all of this "pledged" money, $2.4 billion to be exact, will actually reach Somalia? Some of you may be enslaved my ideals and principles, and that is commendable, but that does not pay the bills. The fact of the matter Government lacks funds. With what is expected and with what is had, it is almost laughable, if it wasn't sad. With this, the government is unsustainable, incapable, weak, and much more. I know people in xamar who have worked for the government for years without getting a salary, ten years for one guy in particular. <br />

<br />

There are untouched assets sitting abroad in the west. Funds that belong to Somalia. Funds that are not considered 'humanitarian aid'. And funds that are made reachable with a third party law firm. Yes there is a hefty finder's fee. This is not unique to Somalia. This is the business. what is x% of 0? These funds were previously inaccessible. Yes some of these funds may go unaccounted for. To think corruption doesn't exist in Somalia or that corruption will magically disappear in the next few years is naive. The government must continue to operate despite such setbacks. Are we to put a hiatus on the government until corruption subsides? Does the sick wait to ingest medicine until he has healed?

Miyir   

Something Fishy!press conference? why now?

we know the full UN report is due soon, what are they afraid?

1- Why disclose now after one year the money they collected and deposited Turkey and USA accounts?

a- who is in charge and signs those accounts? where is the money now? that is lot of money what was used?

b- what commission was paid and who and why?

SP

I told you before, You have talent how come Qoslaaye not hiring you yet? anyway his lose

Miyir   

<cite>

Somaliland should demand its share of the former republic's assets. Puntland should fight for its piece of the pie too.

According to the report Somaliland received 25mil frozen money, Qoslaaye wants money back. weird shit lol