Sign in to follow this  
Adam

Breaking news Puntland Cuts Ties with Xamar due to Central State

Adam   

<cite>
said:</cite>

The irony...If Puntland wants all of Mudug, then how would that be clan federalism?

Do you really expect Puntland to just be restricted to Nugaal and Bari? Who do you think lives there? Which tribe?

Face it, Puntland absorbing ALL of Mudug, including South Galkacyo, is actually the opposite of Clan Federalism, as a large number of Puntland's new population are H-Block.

The new Federal state is Central state consisting of all Mudug and all Galgaduud get this in your head, the IC has Approved of this state

. There is no thing you nor Buntland can about it except to take this bitter pil .The federalism process is full gear and You will be punished if you stand against it.Buntland exist of Bari and Nugaal two regions which make a federal state aswell .So buntland decides to cut relation with Xamar well , nobody cares as buntland is a very small bit of this large process going on and buntland will be forced by International communty to accept otherwise the IC will cut all help to buntland which will collapse Buntland as it is already Bankcrupt.

Warya Adam, you just want to do whatever's possible to humiliate Puntland. I see the way you're talking on this forum whenever Puntland is ever mentioned.

I know many Puntlanders who absolutely refuse to give up Mudug so who are you to try and say "Oh since the IC is saying that Puntland should give up Mudug, then Puntland must accept it."

All of Mudug should go to Puntland. The rest can form a Federal State consisting of Shabelleda Dhexe and Hiiraan and Galguduud.

If you want to get rid of "Clan Federalism" as you say, then stop being a hypocrite, practice what you preach, and let the HAG people who live in Lower Mudug be part of Puntland State.

Adam   

@ Kenny, Buddy Central State exist and is already on the ground with the blessing of the United States of America and UN Nickolas Kay I will even link you the full agreementM. With regards to Buntaland I dont want to humiliate them , they humiliated themself by recalling Mps from Xamar and cutting relations with Somalia federal Republic how childish let them stay in Buntland Xamar dont need them buuqland .

Adam, nobody is listening to you when you say "It happened with the full blessing of the USA and Nicholas Kay"

If you were sincere, you would call for the people of Mudug to vote on it. Let them decide whether they want to be part of Puntland, or be part of this new Central State

ElPunto   

<cite>

Dr.K, that adding Mudug to puntland is sharing and real federalism. As you said a different group , the HAG will be big part of Puntland. So far I didn't hear one single Puntlander saying all Mudug should join Puntland. They saying the status quo shouldn't be changed. They want three Districts and the other two to go to the central state.

Federalism is not about willy nilly combining two or more regions. It is about the people in the regions to be combined coming to an understanding and wanting to combine their regions. I don't believe the two districts of Mudug should be added to PL without the understanding and acceptance of the Galgaduud clans. And also the three PL districts of Mudug should not be added to a possible Central State without the understanding and acceptance of the PL clans. And let's face it - the unruly clans in this area make for the worst neighbours in Somalia - they don't get along between themselves - why would anyone want to join them in a state? This announcement is not real federalism - it is phantom federalism.

Ultimately this will die and a new arrangement will be worked out. Culusow has a habit of picking losing battles and getting reversed.

galbeedi   

ElPunto, we all agree that a mutual understanding of the communities is the primary condition for the formation of these states, yet we are witnessing hand rigging and pressure from JUbba to Shabeele and elsewhere. It was just last month that Bay was forced to accept three states.

I did write about this months ago that the federal system must follow a flexible guideline that considers geography , trade and the overriding interest of the Somali state. We are not advanced as Missouri and Kansas where Kansas city is stretched across the border between two states.

Puntland was formed during the civil war era, when people were seeking a base and place to keep themselves safe and and seek the Somali future state. Now there was uninterrupted peace among these communities for almost two decades. I never heard any attempt from the parties to try to join. Why not try. If people who live in the same city won't share anything, then the so called federalism could be a tribal line project.

Throw the useless constitution which says two sate or more, and change to every tribe and community must form it's own state without forcing anyone.

Most reasonable nations form an expert commission and slowly study the feasibility of the formations, considering the advantages and disadvantages.

ElPunto   

^The process for Jubba and Shabelle etc was to call elders and clan leaders in the absence of any agreed upon administration or representative of the peoples' will. If you are going to call that forced - that is up to you though I don't see anything illegitimate in this. This is not the case in the three districts of PL in Mudug. There is a legitimate administration responsible for the people. It has to be consulted on any proposed new state. Otherwise - it has no basis.

There is no trust or reconciliation between PL and Hobyo/Harardheere. There is no desire to come together. There is no desire even within Galmudug and Ximan/Xeeb to create a joint administration and resolve their issues. That is the reality. Unless - the FG is committed to preparing the groundwork to address outstanding issues and build trust - this attempt at state building here is like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. It is doomed to fail.

I think we are starting to see the folly of arbitrarily establishing the rule that a former province can't be divided to establish a federal state, the south is too complex to divvy up based on that. South West state for example shouldn't take all of Lower Shabeele and it's ludicrous to take Mudug from an established federal state that preceded the formation of the federal government and give it to something that is only on paper. Central state doesn't exist yet and the people there are too fractious to agree on anything, there are too many factions and they all want to be on top, and Puntland has the right to look at this as a direct attack and an attempt to cause friction in the region. I don't know what the SFG is doing but they seem to do everything in their power to make things worse.

YoniZ   

If we look behind the qabyaalad and the simpleton mentality, this central state idea if handled justly and in correct fashion, can form a solid foundation for the new Somali Federal Republic.

The idea of having All Mudug and All Galguduud as one state is the purest of all federal states.

People are talking about how Mudug divided is, but they forgot that Galguduud also is one of the most diverse region in the country where you have 3 of the main 4 blocks.

My question to the champions of the Federalism (aka Puntlanders) is, what is the fuss to have this state with Galkacyo its capital after proper reconciliation?

Why do you give the impression that North Mudug will be marginalised where you said it is the larger party in Mudug region?

If that is the case, D block will dominate Mudug where H block will dominate Galguduud and that will create the balance needed to work together for common goal which is a future prosperous state.

YoniZ   

<cite>

Yoniz, if the people of the 5 districts of Mudug aren't properly consulted regarding this, then there's definitely something wrong!

I am with you in this Doc. Proper consultation and genuine reconciliation is a MUST.

However, we need to come out of this small mentality qabyaalad when discussing a government system like Federalism. T

This Central state idea need progressive thinking and far from reactionary politics. Do I think this will be achieved in a year or two? Absolutely NO. Can it be achieved in about 3-5 years after the right steps being taken? Absolutely YES.

That is the reason why you see IC is present in the signature of that event. Maryooley think in short sighted politics when either supporting or opposing this kind of arrangement. However, this is part and parcel of the IC to create future Federal Somalia.

cadnaan1   

HAG waxay sameystay 3 maamuul goboleed

mudug + galgaduud

Hiiraan + shabelede sare

Shebelada Dhexe + Shabeleda Hose.

dadka federalka dabada ka riixaayey sheekada hada ayey la qaraartay oo calaacal ayey bilaabeen.

Mooge   

loool. this YoniZ is a dreamer. :)

niyoow, the fact that North Mudug is part of Puntland is not open for debate. that is not even in question and anyone who is living such dream is an animal that doesn't have an ounce of a brain. what puntlanders are talking about is that the name "Mudug" is misused to trick the IC community as if Mudug is some kind of a homogeneous state controlled by HAG. they should not have used that name in the document because it confuses and doesn't clarify what sort of mudug they are talking about. qoslaye, Yuulka and HAG followers know that puntland's main worry is that 1.5 state is unconstitutionally used to create a phantom state to get a bigger share of federalism. they want to create two more states for HAG.

it is ridiculous.

Adam   

<cite>

HAG waxay sameystay 3 maamuul goboleed

mudug + galgaduud

Hiiraan + shabelede sare

Shebelada Dhexe + Shabeleda Hose.

dadka federalka dabada ka riixaayey sheekada hada ayey la qaraartay oo calaacal ayey bilaabeen.

Hear Hear. Let this process continue No to peace spoliers buuqeweyne

YoniZ   

<cite>

loool. this YoniZ is a dreamer.
:)

Sxb it is better to be a DREAMER than be a MOOGE :)

IC know the geography and fine details of Somali politics as they are the patrons these days.

The idea of Mudug+Galguduud as one state is KEY to proper reconciliation and solid Federal Somalia. It is neither something for the benefit of H or D block nor something that to be formed before 2016.

If you are blinded by short sighted political manoeuvres, I can assure you there are very few things that President Gaas isn't aware of in this current Somali politics, and this is not one of it.