Sign in to follow this  
Adam

Breaking news Puntland Cuts Ties with Xamar due to Central State

Holac   

Instead of leading, Culusoow decided to pit peaceful communities against one another. I didn't know Culusoow was laying claim to Puntland region. This is asking for a conflict.

This is way beyond bizzare.

Holac   

<cite>
said:</cite>

I support the creation of a federal state consisting of Mudug and Galgaduud :-D

That is not good for peace Tallaabo. Why support more strive and conflict?

Miyir   

<cite>

That is not good for peace Tallaabo. Why support more strive and conflict?

talaabo supports for one reason we all know.

<cite>

Instead of leading, Culusoow decided to pit peaceful communities against one another. I didn't know Culusoow was laying claim to Puntland region. This is asking for a conflict.

This is way beyond bizzare.

gdhexe26.jpg

What about Pm why are Puntlanders attacking the President only ....?

ANY WAYS PUNTLAND NEVER HAD TIES WITH MOGADISHU EVER SINCE LATE PRESIDENT RIP ABDULAHI YUSUF LEFT MOGADISHU.......

Puntland does not contribute to the SFG pay tax or provide soldiers ...

Let them cut ties until 2016 or pay tax send some troops what are the benefits of having ties with Puntland admin ?

Malistar,

How naive do you think Puntlanders are? Why should we blame the PM for something he had nothing to do with, and if anything why blame him for a moryan concocted dream which was delibrately put into play just to discredit the PM in the eyes of the Somali people?

As we know Yuulka is a capable PM, unfortunately he has to work with Culosow who is hellbent on thwarting the implementation of the federal constitution.

Malistar, this is politics and never forget that you are dealing with the political masterminds of Somalia.

ElPunto   

Malistar,

How naive do you think Puntlanders are? Why should we blame the PM for something he had nothing to do with, and if anything why blame him for a moryan concocted dream which was delibrately put into play just to discredit the PM in the eyes of the Somali people?

As we know Yuulka is a capable PM, unfortunately he has to work with Culosow who is hellbent on thwarting the implementation of the federal constitution.

Malistar, this is politics and never forget that you are dealing with the political masterminds of Somalia.

^This is nonsense. Malistar is right. This whole process has been championed by the PM - Culusow has been in the background for this. And criticism of this deal should be rightly directed at the PM if anyone is unhappy. Anything else smacks of clan coddling.

Somalis like drama. And constant, perpetual infighting.

Why did the PM announce the formation of a state where he did not consult with the government of 3 of the 5 districts of Mudug? How can this arrangement satisfy the constitutional requirement if the relevant stakeholders and their representatives have not been consulted or invited? How is it the PM didn't pick up the phone and talk to PL and provide clarifications or assurances or anything to ensure that its arrangement would not be met like this?

It strikes me as near impossible that the PL president Abdiweli did not know about the efforts here to form some arrangement for the central regions. Did he call the PM with his concerns and ask to have them addressed? Did he suggest a way to bring the unruly clans in the central region together without declaration of a state - since it cannot meet the requirements of one? If the PL president was getting stonewalled - why did he not speak to the IC and the media to air his concerns and get changes in the final agreement rather than walking out of the government?

This is a royal cock-up by the PM who has seemed like one who wanted to move the country forward. This arrangement doesn't meet the basic criteria of a state and fails to take into account the key stakeholders required to build a state. Both sides need to find a solution - marginalization/stonewalling and disassociation are not real tactics to move the country forward.

ElPunto   

<cite>

gdhexe26.jpg

What about Pm why are Puntlanders attacking the President only ....?

ANY WAYS PUNTLAND NEVER HAD TIES WITH MOGADISHU EVER SINCE LATE PRESIDENT RIP ABDULAHI YUSUF LEFT MOGADISHU.......

Puntland does not contribute to the SFG pay tax or provide soldiers ...

Let them cut ties until 2016 or pay tax send some troops what are the benefits of having ties with Puntland admin ?

It is amazing how the same old hoary and patently nonsensical arguments come back when politics heats up among Somalis. Puntland raises taxes from its residents and port - it is not obliged to give money to the federal government given that no services are provided to it for its moneys. In fact, the federal government ought to be providing moneys to PL since it receives money in the name of ALL Somalis. But that money doesn't leave Mogadishu. The FG can't provide adequate salaries and treatment to the local boys recruited for the military - why would Garowe be duty bound to send them any of its boys? So they can receive the same shabby treatment? Come on.

The only forward for the FG in Mogadishu is to realize there is no dictation to Somalis. The only thing you can do is herd them to a consensus. It will be hard but if Xamar wants to regain stature in the eyes of Somalis - it has to behave humbly and sincerely.

IMG_5557.jpg

gdhexe19.jpg

gdhexe21.jpg

The same group who signed Jubba forced south west State are designing another State .

Mudane Cabdiweli Sheekh Axmed Maxame is the one leading the Federal projects and 2016 Vision .

<cite>

^This is nonsense. Malistar is right. This whole process has been championed by the PM - Culusow has been in the background for this. And criticism of this deal should be rightly directed at the PM if anyone is unhappy. Anything else smacks of clan coddling.

Somalis like drama. And constant, perpetual infighting.

Why did the PM announce the formation of a state where he did not consult with the government of 3 of the 5 districts of Mudug? How can this arrangement satisfy the constitutional requirement if the relevant stakeholders and their representatives have not been consulted or invited? How is it the PM didn't pick up the phone and talk to PL and provide clarifications or assurances or anything to ensure that its arrangement would not be met like this?

It strikes me as near impossible that the PL president Abdiweli did not know about the efforts here to form some arrangement for the central regions. Did he call the PM with his concerns and ask to have them addressed? Did he suggest a way to bring the unruly clans in the central region together without declaration of a state - since it cannot meet the requirements of one? If the PL president was getting stonewalled - why did he not speak to the IC and the media to air his concerns and get changes in the final agreement rather than walking out of the government?

This is a royal cock-up by the PM who has seemed like one who wanted to move the country forward. This arrangement doesn't meet the basic criteria of a state and fails to take into account the key stakeholders required to build a state. Both sides need to find a solution - marginalization/stonewalling and disassociation are not real tactics to move the country forward.

El Punto, brother, your outrage at the PM is justified, however, what do you think would have happened if Yuulka-- who I know for a fact knows full well that this scheme is a nonstarter--refused to sign that purported agreement between these parties in the central provinces?

I believe if he did not sign, the same accusation of clanism would be leveled against him...If he did not sign, today we would have heard things like... " Oh, he wants to build federal states for his clan and others, but when our HAG clan wants to build our own state, he goes against us"

This is precisly the trap Culosow and his clique had set up for Yuulka. So I believe he had no choice but to accept their contrivance knowing full well that it will never see the light of day.

Tallaabo   

<cite>

^

Tallaabo, as usual, you make way more sense defending gay rights on a Somali website than giving your $0.02 on political matters on this same Somali website. This does not mean, however, that I mean to discredit your opinion on this particular matter regarding whether 2 districts in south Mudug should be allowed to cause 3 districts in North Mudug to split from Puntland which is already a functioning and recognized Federal member state. And to prove to you of my earnestness in not wanting to discredit your point view regarding this issue, I too agree that there is nothing wrong with north Mudug breaking away from Puntland and joining this new state, just as it is valid for south Mudug to forget about this new state and join Puntland. Both arguments are valid, but reason and logic stipulate that the will of the majority will prevail.

The majority in this case will lead to the choice of the 3 districts tramping the will of the 2 districts. That is ofcourse if fairness and equity are paramount.

Also, besides the majority of the people of Mudug being part of Puntland, there is NOT real tangible unity between the brotherly Hag communities of Galmudug and Ximin&Xeeb to really even pull through such a daunting task of stealing away north Mudug from Puntland.

So Mr. Tallaabo, please explain to us once again how you suppose this abortion of a scheme to ever see the light of day with such odds marshalled against it?

Mr Tillamook, I do not expect Puntland to give up a large part of its population and territory to prop up a rival community, and indeed no body expected that from Puntland. However, what was also unexpected and incredibly clever is how the anti-federalists came up with this monster of a blow to put an end to the clan federalism agenda of Puntland :-D

Adam   

Calacalka ha joojiyan reeer islaweyn . The international community has approved of The creation of Central state consisting All Galgaduud and Mudug. Now for these hypocrites to cry foul is expected lkn this will not stop the planned 2016 road map. I say welcome To Galcakyo and Central state , no to laangab qabilism .Your childish fits will not be listen to nether acknowledged . You wanted Federalism you pushed for Federalism haha even in Federaralism you loose. Well done To the president and Prime minister succesfull job done.

<cite>

Mr Tillamook, I do not expect Puntland to give up a large part of its population and territory to prop up a rival community, and indeed no body expected that from Puntland. However, what was also unexpected and incredibly clever is how the anti-federalists came up with this monster of a blow to put an end to the clan federalism agenda of Puntland :-D

Tallaabo, am sure you wholeheartedly embraced that rude awakening in a different setting in the Puntland provinces of SSC, eh? :D

As for clan federalism...We have never supported such nonsense. We support the federal constitution of Somalia and it is clear: 2 or more provinces can form a federal member state!

<cite>

Calacalka ha joojiyan reeer islaweyn . The international community has approved of The creation of Central state consisting All Galgaduud and Mudug. Now for these hypocrites to cry foul is expected lkn this will not stop the planned 2016 road map. I say welcome To Galcakyo and Central state , no to laangab qabilism .Your childish fits will not be listen to nether acknowledged . You wanted Federalism you pushed for Federalism haha even in Federaralism you loose. Well done To the president and Prime minister succesfull job done.

The irony...If Puntland wants all of Mudug, then how would that be clan federalism?

Do you really expect Puntland to just be restricted to Nugaal and Bari? Who do you think lives there? Which tribe?

Face it, Puntland absorbing ALL of Mudug, including South Galkacyo, is actually the opposite of Clan Federalism, as a large number of Puntland's new population are H-Block.

galbeedi   

Dr.K, that adding Mudug to puntland is sharing and real federalism. As you said a different group , the HAG will be big part of Puntland. So far I didn't hear one single Puntlander saying all Mudug should join Puntland. They saying the status quo shouldn't be changed. They want three Districts and the other two to go to the central state.

I saw the C/weli"s speech. That is how modern leaders address their constituents. having said that , on the issue of Central state and his sudden objections, that in really incompetence. He is either out of touch on what is going on, or, he is fooling the people of Puntland. Are you telling me he was never even consulted for once before they announced?.

<cite>

Dr.K, that adding Mudug to puntland is sharing and real federalism. As you said a different group , the HAG will be big part of Puntland. So far I didn't hear one single Puntlander saying all Mudug should join Puntland. They saying the status quo shouldn't be changed. They want three Districts and the other two to go to the central state.

I saw the C/weli"s speech. That is how modern leaders address their constituents. having said that , on the issue of Central state and his sudden objections, that in really incompetence. He is either out of touch on what is going on, or, he is fooling the people of Puntland. Are you telling me he was never even consulted for once before they announced?.

Yeah I agree, adding Mudug to Puntland would be real federalism. There would be an addition of THOUSANDS of new Puntland citizens who are now H-Block, and this would refute the notion of "clan federalism."

And Tillamook mentioned that all of Mudug was offered to be part of Puntland, but they rejected this offer in 1998, due to clan reasons. Which is why Puntland only absorbed 3 districts of Mudug instead of all 5 districts. So I don't see it impossible for Puntland to just absorb all of Mudug and let Galguduud make a federal State with Hiiraan and Shabelleda dhexe.