Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Let us stop and cry on the memory of a love and a place....

NGONGE   

These are the first lines from an ancient Arabic poem by Imru Al Qays. The poem describes him returning to an old place in the desert where the lady he loved used to live. However, as is the custom of beduins, her clan had moved away by the time he and his companions had returned.

Today is the second days of Eid and as is my habit in all happy occassions, I always look back on older days and places (like the poet) and remember people I liked, places I've missed and memories I loved.

So, here I am you bunch of rascals. Is anyone still here or have you all moved away like Imru Al Qays's disloyal lover?

Eid Mubarak to whomever is left. :)

NGONGE   

I heard Xiin abandoned everything to do with Somalia and is not concentrating his energies on becoming a US Senator. Ma run baa?

A&T ran away with a buxom NGO and is now living in South Africa under the assumed name Adam Joseph (he changes his last name to Yusuf whenever he meets Somalis).

Xaaji Xundjuf has been arrested by the Siilaanyo adminstration for mistakingly posting fale news about a new cabient reshuffle.

LST's been deported for tourturing a house cat that turned its nose up at him.

Inta kale war o ma hayo (except for Jacaylbaro and Nuune; lakin taasi waa top secret).

Adam   

Haha ahlan wa Sahlan and wlc back old Buddy. SOL is still quit after Ramadan lkn im sure they all here somewhere . Eid Mabrook. Adam Nabadoon Hawdian.

I heard you hooked up with JB and Nuune to import the banned green stuff, how's the business doing?! lol Welcome back old man..

NGONGE   

Thanks guys. GT, can anyone do business with JB & Nuune? One is always on his phone and the other has no address (last time I spoke to him he was in Russia). Heh.

underdog   

<cite>
said:</cite>

Today is the second days of Eid and as is my habit in all happy occassions, I always look back on older days and places (like the poet) and remember people I liked, places I've missed and memories I loved.

Eid Mubarak all,

Ngonge, it seems our old age has relegated us to drop by every once in a while to see if the good old days have made a retro comeback. Nope, nothing to see here, no famous old names and familar avatars.

But like myself, I assume, we all check in every now and again. Maybe we should start a "retired nomads" thread.

Barwaaqo   

Somalidu been way sheegaan laakiin been kuma maahmaahaan (rag waa ragii hore hadala waa intii uu yidhi). Sol waxaan soo booqanayey ilaa 2005 way fiicnaan lahayd in qolyihi halkan ka doodi jiray reunion party sameeyaan anana aan dusha idinka daawano.

Barwaaqo   

Maahmaah kale ayaa tidhaah "nin maqan amaantiisu waa nin jooga caydii" sidaa darteed qolyaha hada jooga ha iga raali ahaadaan hadaan SOL iyo bari-samaadkii ka sheekeeyey.

Tallaabo   

<cite>
said:</cite>

Somalidu been way sheegaan laakiin been kuma maahmaahaan (rag waa ragii hore hadala waa intii uu yidhi). Sol waxaan soo booqanayey ilaa 2005 way fiicnaan lahayd in qolyihi halkan ka doodi jiray reunion party sameeyaan anana aan dusha idinka daawano.

Barwaaqooy inaadeer adigoo mahadsan ha inoogu yeedhin qolyihii Ilaaha wayni ina dhaafiyay. With their war-like presence and constant tribalism, SOL had the unbearable stench of the devil's sulphur.

Saxiib Ngonge if you are going to cry 'albaabka soo xiro' - like your noble ancestors, Don't act like your adopted culture - where they invite everyone and wail in front of them. :P