Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Somali girls who ran away to Syria have reportedly married ISIS fighters as their family copes with their disappearance

Admin   

Twin schoolgirls who followed their jihadi brother from Manchester to Syria have reportedly married ISIS fighters.

Salma and Zahra Halane, 16, from Chorlton ran away to Syria three weeks ago - and their father has also since travelled out to find them.

Social media accounts reportedly belonging to the girls show them posting about learning to use guns and seeing grenades and Kalashnikov rifles.

Aspirational: Friends said Salma Halane wanted to be a doctor

Salma (left) and Zahra Halane (right) ,have reportedly married ISIS fighters. They left their parents’ home in the middle of the night and caught a flight to Turkey, before crossing the border

Communicating with a reporter online, they said they mainly stay in and read the Qur'an unless their husbands take them out.

The social media account says one of the twins is now married to a British man of Afghan origin, reported BBC's Newsnight. 

An expert in extremism has checked the social media accounts and they are thought to be genuine.

Shiraz Maher, an expert on radicalisation, said on the programme: 'These women are saying they have chosen to go because they want to support fighters.

1404986740437_wps_6_image_1_jpeg.jpg

Selfies: Zahra, left, and Salma, right, pose with friends in pictures taken not long before they fled the UK

Zahra kneeling at the front when she was in Y6 at primary schl which is from the friend who supplied the Instagram pix\n

Schoolgirl: Zahra Halane kneels in front of friends when she was in Year 6 at her primary school

The sisters were hard-working students who hoped to train as doctors.

The pair achieved 28 GCSEs between them, but last month they left their parents’ home in the middle of the night and caught a flight to Turkey, before crossing the border.

Police said the pair are thought to have followed their elder brother, who ditched his own ‘excellent’ academic career to join the ISIS terror group around a year ago.

Friends said the twins had appeared to be typical teenagers, pouting for selfies and shopping at Primark – but they are now feared to be training for battle.

Last month a rebel fighter boasted that he was teaching girls as young as 16 how to fight. Yilmaz, a Dutch national who has been in Syria for two years said: ‘It’s extremely easy to get here. People go on holiday ... they end up in Syria.’  

The twins’ parents raised the alarm after finding the girls’ beds empty and their passports and clothes missing.

A former neighbour said the couple had been ‘quite strict’, and did not allow the girls to ‘mix with other children on the street’.

Support: Visitors arrive at the family home yesterday, but the girls' parents have not spoken publicly

Support: Visitors arrive at the family home yesterday, but the girls' parents have not spoken publicly

Others recalled that the twins wore headscarves when they were as young as nine. But Rhea Headlam, who sat next to Zahra in primary school, said they were ‘just normal teenage girls’.

‘I’m really shocked – I used to bump into them at Primark,’ she added. ‘They were both really clever.’

Last summer Salma achieved 13 GCSEs – 11 of them at grades A* to C – while Zahra passed 15, of which 12 were A*-C. The results put them in the top 10 per cent of their year group at Whalley Range High School for Girls in Manchester.

They went on to study at Connell Sixth Form College, where fellow students said they hoped to follow in the footsteps of their elder sister Hafsa, 25, who is at medical school in Denmark after graduating from Manchester University.

‘The twins both have aspirations to become doctors – that is their ambition,’ said one.

Another claimed it was ‘typical’ of the girls to head to Syria ‘after they had finished term’, adding: ‘They wouldn’t want to mess up their education.

‘I’m shocked they have gone. They didn’t seem to be radical or extremist in their views.’

The girls’ devoutly Muslim Somali refugee parents and their 11 children had been moved from an estate made famous by the TV series Shameless to an upmarket suburb, after telling the council they needed more bedrooms.

They were given a six-bedroom end-terrace despite the protests of the existing tenant. 

Police probe: Officers were seen leaving the house. The large back and front gardens were strewn with discarded household items and children's plastic toys

Police probe: Officers were seen leaving the house. The large back and front gardens were strewn with discarded household items and children's plastic toys

Neighbours said the twins’ parents were keen to share elements of Somalian culture with them, taking round dishes of traditional delicacies for them to try.

The twins’ father Ibrahim is understood to teach at a nearby mosque, where leaders this week issued a statement repudiating extremism and opposing violence of all kinds.

Mohammed Shafiq, of the Ramadan Foundation, said the family were moderate Muslims who know all about the dangers of war-torn countries. ‘They were desperately unhappy to discover [their son] had gone to Syria, and they thought they were keeping a watchful eye on their other children. Then this happens,’ he said.

Sources believe Salma and Zahra were inspired by their brother’s transformation into a jihadi fighter, and became radicalised themselves while viewing extremist Islamist material online.

According to police sources, their brother also travelled to the family’s native Somalia, where he may have linked up with another Islamist terror group al-Shabab.

A friend told The Sun the brother was known for his ability to recite long passages of the Koran.

Officers are investigating how the girls funded their own trip, over fears they have been bankrolled by jihadi fighters who want them as their wives.

As many as 1,500 Britons may have travelled to Syria to fight alongside rebels. Many of them have posted messages online promising to use their ‘terror skills’ if they return to Britain.

SOURCE: http://www.dailymail.co.uk

http://www.somaliaonline.com/somali-girls-who-ran-away-to-syria-have-married-isis-fighters-as-their-family-copes-with-their-disappearance/

Adam   

How Ironic , reading about the stories of young syrians desperate to get out and make alife and mustaqbal for themselfs. While these muppts and their older brother have decided their future is a bullet in the head by Iranian and Syrian Special Forces.stupid kids reality will hit u like a train .

xabad   

<cite>
said:</cite>

How Ironic , reading about the stories of young syrians desperate to get out and make alife and mustaqbal for themselfs. While these muppts and their older brother have decided their future is a bullet in the head by Iranian and Syrian Special Forces.stupid kids reality will hit u like a train .

Nothing ironic bout it homie, there doing this for a deeply held religious conviction as muslims. you and your ilk's wishy washy version of islam is not accepted. what mustaqbal are you talking about ?? these people are headed directly for jannah if they are killed by assad's goons. isn't shahadah what every muslim dreams of ??

dib isugu noqo sxb.

allah akbar.

Adam   

^ What 16 year old kid holds a deeply religious conviction , come on buddy we both know these two Kids are naive , lackof commen sense, not worldly travelled see the Syria civil war as their call to change the world and make it more peaceful place. Sadly for these two When reality hits them its too late.. @ Xadbad I know you obsessed with religion but Syrian civil war has many deep underlying reasons,

Read this : Drought helped cause Syria’s war. Will climate change bring more like it?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/09/10/drought-helped-caused-syrias-war-will-climate-change-bring-more-like-it/

Wadani   

I went from being the proudest Somali you could ever meet just a year ago to now wondering whether soomaalinimo is a curse and whether we r doomed as a people. Yesterday I woke up to news of the savage murder of Saado Cali AUN, and today I read about the sexual jihadi escapades of brainwashed ajanabi worshipping Somali girls. Tollaayay Tollayyyy...Ya Allah, please change the miserable condition of my people before the truly good Somalis give up hope completely and resign themselves to this fate.

<cite>

I went from being the proudest Somali you could ever meet just a year ago to now wondering whether soomaalinimo is a curse and whether we r doomed as a people. Yesterday I woke up to news of the savage murder of Saado Cali AUN, and today I read about the sexual jihadi escapades of brainwashed ajanabi worshipping Somali girls. Tollaayay Tollayyyy...Ya Allah, please change the miserable condition of my people before the truly good Somalis give up hope completely and resign themselves to this fate.

Angola went through an even longer civil war than Somalia did. The Congo War was far more brutal than Somalia's Civil War. Bro, you need to put things into perspective.

Europe went through entire centuries of conflict, where entire generations of young men were wiped out due to war. The 30 Year War between the Catholics and Protestants in Europe is just one example. Iraq has gone through pain since 1980, beginning with the decade-long Iran-Iraq War, and then the painful Gulf War where they lost, and then to the 1990's sanctions where 500 000 Iraqi children starved to death, and then to the 2003 American invasion of Iraq where almost 1 million Iraqis died, and now to the ISIS-takeover of northern Iraq. We Somalis have suffered far less when compared to these Iraqis.

You give up too easily.

If it's any consolation, most of Somalia is rather peaceful. If this civil war keeps continuing, then it will only result in Somaliland and Puntland in gaining their own independence. And if you want to be upset about Somali girls fighting in Syria, there are hundreds of examples of Pakistani and Arab girls and boys who fly to Syria as well. It isn't a "Somali" thing. There are White people even, who fly to Syria to fight in that war.

The majority of Somalis in North America and Europe don't make the news. Because they live boring lives. Nothing worth reporting

ElPunto   

Communicating with a reporter online, they said they mainly stay in and read the Qur’an unless their husbands take them out.

If true - they've got their comeuppance. But it strikes me as flimsy that the whole story is based on 'communicating with a reporter online'. Who is he/she and who is their employer? It's the sort of poorly documented sensationalism that Brit papers like to propagate.

xabad   

<cite>

Why were you the proudest somali just a year ago ? last year was just as bad.

yes somalis were doomed when they forsook their ancestral monotheistic religion waaqism for a foreign religion. serves them right. incidentally all the non muslim somalis i know are high achievers, model people, savvy, smart etc.

Even the somali clan pathology is directly linked to the religion dominating that land.

Khayr   

<cite>

If true - they've got their comeuppance. But it strikes me as flimsy that the whole story is based on 'communicating with a reporter online'. Who is he/she and who is their employer? It's the sort of poorly documented sensationalism that Brit papers like to propagate.

And all the needs confirmation is that the

"source" just confirmed peoples stereotypes.

The reliability of the source is measured on

what they spew aka a confirmation of the negatives.

Slander is what sells in the media and the deen

is strongly against Slander.

Anyways, whats with this site's obsession with these two girls?

xabad   

<cite>

What is this new Crusade (or is it Waaqrade now?) you are waging on Islam?

Waaqrade ?? that is a new word to me, define it please.

No i don't have problem with islam if its confined to its natural borders ie within arabia.

Miyir   

they may as well set-up jihadist drones brothel for the brainwashed Somali Dhoocil in the west.

Tallaabo   

^ Islam has no boundries dear Xabad. It is not even just for the humans or even just for this planet. Islam is bigger than everything you know.

Since you are a follower of Waaqism now I thought Crusade was inappropriate word for a holy war, so it must be Waaqsade :-D