Sign in to follow this  
Coofle

The Muslim rituals!

<cite>
said:</cite>

By who??, Allah is the moon god of ancient pagan Arabia. He had three daughters al uzza, manah al lat. notice how muslim peoples make extenisve use of moon imagery. why ? what is the significance

Arab christians & Jews use of allah out of convenience, both have different names for their gods not allah in their scriptures.

1. Allah is the Creator of the Universe and is the God worshiped by Abraham and those before him. There is no "moon god" and I specifically cited a Quranic verse refuting your nonsense argument.

2. The Pagan Arabs believed that Allah had daughters, the same way how the Christians believe that Allah had a son (Jesus). This is called "Shirk" in Islam, and it's a grave sin. The whole message of Islam is to purge society of Shirk and to restore belief and worship to Allah alone, and to put your trust in Allah, and to pray to Allah without associating partners or intermediaries with Him. Associating partners or children with Allah has been repeatedly condemned in the Quran, in almost every single chapter. That's why Allah sent Prophets and Messengers to every nation on Earth, throughout history, teaching the same thing. And these prophets ALL taught the exclusive worship of Allah, without partners, to have the knowledge that Allah is Aware of all that you do, and that Allah will resurrect you in the future and call you to account for your deeds.

3. There is no extensive moon imagery in Islam. It's a lie. That "crescent-moon" symbol was simply the flag of the Ottoman Empire and it was carried over to the flag of Turkey and Pakistan. But the crescent moon symbol has nothing to do with Islam. It was never used by the Prophet and the early generations of Muslims. The crescent moon is the symbol of the Ottoman Empire. That's it.

4. The Christians and Jews of Arabia don't use anything out of convenience, they say "Allah" because Allah means "The God." You're lying again.

You blatantly lied again....Your knowledge of Islamic History and Islamic Aqeedah is so unbelievably minor as to defy belief.

Seriously, do you copy&paste your arguments from your Church Pastor? GO OPEN UP A BOOK AND READ FOR YOURSELF.

There is no excuse for ignorance here. There are very very basic points on Islamic Aqeedah. Wallahi if you aren't even aware of this, then you really know nothing about Islam. If you're not even aware of this most BASIC aspect of our Deen.

Moderators, why are we allowing someone who has poor arguments to try and derail the thread? Xabad is not Muslim. HE'S NOT EVEN SOMALI. What is he doing on this forum, derailing threads and making arguments designed to confuse Somali Muslims who may not have much knowledge about Islam? I can see right through his nonsense, but maybe other people can't. So Xabad will continue making these ridiculous posts, in the hopes of confusing people who are reading this forum.

xabad   

i don't know about allah creating anything but do you deny the head deity of the pagan arabs was called allah ? even the prophet's father was called abdu-allah so the name was known before mohammed by arabs.

you have heard of the satanic verses. mohammed wanted to allow the qurash to call on the daughters of allah but it was later cancelled.

Dr kenney i am somali stop lying to the people.

Khadafi   

(Sorry for the mispelleing this post was written in hasty way)

Doctorkennedy I love how you defend our beautiful religion against those whose intentions are evil but sometimes we need a honest debate. Coofle you seem to be astonished how we came here and how far we are from the values of the koran (mercy, kindness and answer to existentialist questions"

Please see my previous post in the Islam section regarding Sufism in Islam and how great the influence was then. The xerta (those who were inclined by heart to learn islam) made their own settlements and qaadariya wadaads were only those who roamed the somali peninsula across clans by only reciting their spiritual chain of abtiris (see islamic ijaaza system).

Sufism unified the somalis and had its potent force to settle disputes and make a clear distinction between politics and spirituality. The first pam-somali non-clan settlements in Somalia occured in the fertile regions of Somalia and those settlements were made by uwayi-qadari barawi shaykhs. The settlement of Baardheere has today people whose ancestry is from "puntland". If you asked the poor sufi dervices of their clan they would say "xerti fulaan". The Somali nomads had redline to donate food for spritual blessing and health.

The Xerta were busy with worshipping Allah and learning the islamic jurisprudence, infact the only intellectual textual records of Somali written history we have today is from Somali sufi shaykhs as Shaykh Uways al Barawi who wrote poetry in praise of the prophet in Somali with arabic letters and the banaadiri Sheekh Cabdirxmaan Suufi, and let us not forget the enermous influence of Sh.Cabdirxman Saylaci whose poetry of love to God and the prophet is still recitred in the Somali peninsuala from raaskambooni to Raas casayr.

In summary, the Somali nomad belonged to one of the sufi-sunni daariqas and the wadaads who had no income and were mostly poor lived upon donations (sadaqah) and the poor Somalis would everyday have a free meal in the mosques. The Arabs for example use the mosque only for worship, I dont know if you guys have been to Saudi Arabia or Libya but after the ritual prayers are done the mosques are closed while we somalis have tendency to stay inside and chat. This cultural habit orginates the enemours socio-economical status that the sufi-mosques enjoyed. Another red-line and absolutely forbidden one was to see a wadaad engaging in clan-warfare or even engaging in clan-affairs. Those issues were for the "waranle" warriors and non-religous inclined people (those who didnt live in xer-communities.

It's absolutely astonishing that no one has even brought up the enermous influence Sufism had in spreading islam. Shakh Uweys al Barawis poetry and Islam spread to kenya and so far to Malawi. Shaykh Cabdirxman Al-Saylaci spread Islam to the oromos from jigjiga and hargeisa and Harar. For more information please see Professor Said S. Samatar book on sufism in Somalia.

The question I am asking myself is: So what happend?. Even if we are seeing a surge in Sufism in Somalia we have witnessed more then 40 years of active -saudi-salafism (wahabism) missionary in Somalia. For the good or the bad, wahabism taught that all those who were not commited to them were non muslims. The petro-dollars from Saudi-Arabia changed dramatically the dynamics of Islam in the somali society. With Wahabism came also the cultural habits of Saudi Arabia.

While the wadaads were poor, we today see the opposite. Many of those super-rich in Somalia are from the salafi-wahabi movement. From Salafism arised extreme movements like Shabaab, who today consider everyone to be a infidel if they do not obey them. 40 years of active defaming sufis as (mushriks, deviants, devils) have even alienated some somalis from the sprirituality of Sufism, mainly that the outer apperance is nothing, the inner (worship and faith) is important.

It's hypocrisy to discuss the faults of shabaab without discussing the enormous shift in popular Islamic movements and their ideology. I will later post a detailed post with sources regarding the history of popular somali islamic movements and how it has influenced the somali society.

<cite>
said:</cite>

i don't know about allah creating anything but do you deny the head deity of the pagan arabs was called allah ? even the prophet's father was called abdu-allah so the name was known before mohammed by arabs.

you have heard of the satanic verses. mohammed wanted to allow the qurash to call on the daughters of allah but it was later cancelled.

Dr kenney i am somali stop lying to the people.

See Point Number 2 that I made. You're literally making the same argument again that I actually just responded too.

Read Point Number 2. Then read it again and again.

Then come back to me after you read it over and over until it sinks in. You may not be too bright which is why I gotta repeat myself to you. You don't know so speaking out of ignorance is not something I'd recommend for somebody who "doesn't know"

Abdullah ibn Salam was a Jewish Rabbi from Medina who converted to Islam upon meeting the Prophet. His name was Abdullah. Even before he converted to Islam his name was Abdullah. Abdullah means Servant of God and that was his name. Many Christians had that name as well. If you can't see what this obviously means then I really have no use for you.

The Satanic Verses incident is a lie. Never happened. It was fabricated and story has no source at all nor was it ever known to the early Muslims.

And no. You are not Somali. You told me and Xaaji Xunjuf that you are NOT Somali. And Xaaji confronted you about it. So don't lie to this forum about that.

Kadafi, thanks but I never once stood in the way of honest debate.

Xabad is not only lying, but he's doing it in a way I'd only expect from someone with the worst intentions. Not only does he have non-existant knowledge of our Aqeedah, but he persists in this ignorance and when I refute him he admittedly says "Well I don't know about that" and then he comes back and makes the SAME arguments he copied&pasted from a Christian Missionary.

galbeedi   

Dr. Kenny and others, this Xabad guy is not here to exchange ideas or to learn. His only purpose is to mock our faith. Even in the Sunnah it is not allowed to debate " those who are making mockery of religion.

Khadafi, has raised important points about Sufism. There are plenty of Hadith that show the Prophet (scw), visiting cemeteries and praying for the deadi. any Islamic thought or " Movement has it's weaknesses, in terms praying the departed or the Saints, the suffis have weaknesses that may contradict fundamental issue of who to worship, yet, all That can easily be reformed through education.

With all their weaknesses , no one can deny their devotion for Deenn, the love of the Prophet (scw), and the spreading of the faith throughout the country.

A great Scholar from Egypt, called the Wahabis " The know nothing Movement". It is a club, only members are allowed to share and exchange. During the upheaval of nineties, There were stories about Wahabis denying food to the common people.Only those who share their ideology could benefit their charities. By the way they do not control one single institution of higher learning or any charity. Without the saudi money , they won't create any thing. Al-shabaab is definitely the best example of Wahabism.

They asked even Shariif Ahmed " Ashahaado". The qur'an doesn't pass through their mouth. The "takfiir and Wahabis have extensive business connections, because most of the money is from Saudi arabia.

A friend who visited Boosaaso in the nineties, told me that, he once went a mosque for Maghrib prayer and when the Mu'azin finished for the main calling of the prayer, then he started the recitation to tell people inside to get up for the prayer. When he said " haya calal salalaad, Qadqaamutul Salaad, one of the "Takfiir Business man" said " Waar ha iska heesee Salaada ina geliya". which means he doesn't care about the local customs.

Allah have a mercy for you if you ever end up in their justice.

"The more backwoodish a social group, juvenile or adult, the stricter its conception of the normal, and the readier it will ridicule any departure from it"

Arthur Koestler.