Sign in to follow this  
Admin

School Admissions Worker describes Somalis : "In their shapeless cloaks and headgear, their buck-teeth and their fat little faces looking like proverbial herdswomen from some Saharan oasis"

Admin   

admissionsA volunteer for Wandsworth's school admissions panel has been dismissed after publishing an offensive blog describing Somali women as buck-toothed herdswomen from a Saharan oasis.Retired journalist Hugh Thompson, from Putney, will no longer sit on the borough's Independent Appeal Panel making decisions about children who have been refused school places.Following a panel meeting, on Wednesday, July 2, Mr Thompson, in his late 60s, published a post about a group of Somalis he referred to as "new Britons from the horn of Africa".He named the Somali boy and said: "His single mum turned up followed by her older mama complete with beard, another who spoke no English."In their shapeless cloaks and headgear, their buck-teeth and their fat little faces looking like proverbial herdswomen from some Saharan oasis. In this case called Tooting."Basically her son was a sensitive lad, slow learner, asthmatic and very shy. It was best he went to a school near her cousin and where other Somalis she knew fetched and carried their children. There was no father anywhere in the story, how do Somalis have children?Mr Thompson, who teaches English as a foreign language to immigrants in Merton, discussed the family’s application and went on: "Is there a point where we should show some tolerance of immigrant groups who rely totally on networks to survive."But they had made no effort either in terms of language, dress or custom to move towards the host culture."Mr Thompson described the boy’s mother putting her hands into the prayer position and tilting her head. He added: "Was this some traditional sign that she was a defenceless woman who needed the help and protection of those more powerful. If it was, it was rejected."Later one of the panel told of schools in London where Somalis groups split into their clans and fight it out in classroom and playground."A spokesman for Wandsworth Council said it was vital appeals were heard fairly and impartially and added: "We are aware of this blog post and as a result of the totally unacceptable, inappropriate and offensive language it contained, as well as the fact that it had breached the confidentiality of the panel proceedings, we have decided that this individual can no longer sit on the independent appeals panel."Opposition councillor and a governor of Smallwood School James Daley, said Tooting, where the family is from, was proud to welcome people from different faiths and cultures.He added: "There is simply no tolerance for these kind of narrow-minded, offensive viewpoints - but it is of even greater concern that they come from an individual who held the power to determine the outcome of school place appeals. These are decisions which have an enormous impact on families - and are not to be taken lightly."After being contacted by a council solicitor, Mr Thompson removed the material and posted another entry admitting he had broken "professional and obvious rules".The long-term member of the Putney Society said: "I have been a fool and that’s the end of it. I knew there were certain rules and I broke them."I didn’t think it was very important as not many people read my blog."When asked if he regretted it, Mr Thompson said: "Yes and no. My blog is a diary of my life and things I think about - I write about them. Sometimes there are things I shouldn’t write about."I suppose on balance I probably do regret it yes. Only just."He denied the posts were racist but said the council was totally reasonable and totally just in dismissing him.BLOG SCREEN SHOT 1  Source: http://www.asianimage.co.uk/

http://www.somaliaonline.com/school-admissions-worker-describes-somalis-in-their-shapeless-cloaks-and-headgear-their-buck-teeth-and-their-fat-little-faces-looking-like-proverbial-herdswomen-from-some-saharan-oasis/

xabad   

Loool @ " In their shapeless cloaks and headgear, their buck-teeth and their fat little faces looking like proverbial herdswomen from some Saharan oasis "

so true yet so wrong.

Adam   

This man is racist little bastard , a coward and is rightfully fired. What he needs now is a good beating to cut his fuck face down and break his little legs. I loved to do kickboxing on him until his blue and yellow . Nabadoon Hawdi Kickboxer and 6.3 / 100 kg Angry black man .

xabad   

<cite>
said:</cite>

This man is racist little bastard , a coward and is rightfully fired. What he needs now is a good beating to cut his fuck face down and break his little legs. I loved to do kickboxing on him until his blue and yellow . Nabadoon Hawdi Kickboxer and 6.3 / 100 kg Angry black man .

C'mon, don't be so intolerant. he is just pointing out facts. where is your sense of humor ??

Coofle   

considering his sinister motives...Also for the case of Somalis and to deter blame I would say "Ninku waa nin xun".....

Otherwise,With discretion- I believe Soomaali badan they just dress blame wrong. Men and women alike. Being a somali raised in Somalia, I found many diaspora somalis dress in depressing attire, giving the impression that someone is homeless sometimes (I know they are not homeless). Its not religion nor culture...

<cite>

I will make my comments brief.

In the first place, one can be called "racist" if one believes some races are better than others. In the case of Mr. Thompson, he did not say that his race was better than others, therefore he can't be racist.

Secondly, one cannot be "racist" if one has not treated others differently because of their race. Therefore, Mr. Thompson cannot be called "racist" for expressing his views based on what he saw in the meeting. An opinion, is just that, an opinion.

Lastly, you need to do better next time before you call someone 'racist' without facts.

Why do you believe Mr. Thompson's blog is offensive to maryooley? Explain or don't say nothing, that's on you but just think before you act.

Cheers,

LayZie G.

Though the Ol'man is cynical in his ranting, one thing is without argument plain fact: we are the worst offenders of dressing. The reason these diaspora are outside the main stream of the society is thanks to their upbringing. Most of them are ouright from the desert with no transition in villages/towns back home.

Haddii lebis xumo billad lagu bixin lahaa, Somalidu Oscar bay qaadan lahayd.

Barwaaqo   

Runta hadii aan isku sheegno cid naga labis xuni ma jirto. Waliba xaga dumarka marka aan runta isu sheegno, in badan baa la moodaa in ay homless yihiin. Kaaga sii darane waxaad arkaysaa hooyo iyo inantay dhashay iyo tay ayeeyda u ahayd oo cabaayad isku mida xidan. Dhaqankii hore ee somalida hablaha iyo islaamuhu kala labis bay ahaayeen.

galbeedi   

I agree. I see laziness in some of the attires Somalis wear. Qof dukaan wax ka soo iibsanaya oo go' iska soo humanaysaa ayaad arkaysaa. Qofku Amaba dumarka, iyagoo asturan ayey hadana waxooga "elegance" ku darsan karaa.

mida kale Jiilaal iyo xagaa, dharku isku mid ma'ahan, way kala culis yihiin.

Khayr   

Apophis,

Do you expect honest responses from

broken individuals? Individuals that hate their identity and lineage and want to be part

of the new world "Norm". As if somehow, doing as the "Romans" will dignify them and set them free.

Deeq   

Did anybody give him a reply? Or you all began debate over it yourselves?

I gave him the most sarcastic reply I could.

Check it out. Im sure he believes he can get over it because we Somalis dont resist on debates with these white folks and they have clocked this.

This fool needs sorting out, - check my response out please --- http://itwonthurt.wordpress.com/2014/07/11/reader-of-the-year/#comments

Wrote a comment on another article he boasted to his readers.

Where is the future generation? Where all those activists?

Asshole.

Deeq   

No blames, just that fact that next time, he wont talk about me.

Disunity is in the mind. Sorry about your loss

xabad   

<cite>

Apophis,

Do you expect honest responses from

broken individuals?
Individuals that hate their identity
and lineage and want to be part

of the new world "Norm". As if somehow, doing as the "Romans" will dignify them and set them free.

Ugliness is your identity ??

Tallaabo   

The pervert wished to see the "shape" of the bodies of our women but thankfully he was disappointed :-D

There are countless women out there who advertise their body shape to the world but our God-fearing sisters keep disappointing the naked body worshippers. The whole world knows about the beauty of the Somali female and so many hate the fact that our sisters keep their beauty hidden from view. The very very few who decided to make a living out of it took the world by storm.