Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

A brand new modern mall opens in Hargeisa

Su'aasha igu soo dhacday koowaad waxee ahayd koronto badan sartaas u baahantahay and knowing how expensive it is in Soomaaliya, which is powered by shidaalka.

Si heersare ah loo dhisay, waana ku faraxsanahay si aad iyo aad ah horumarka Soomaaliya. Waxaa kasii jeclaan lahaa magac Soomaaliyeed in loo bixiyo, laakiin waaba biloow sida magaca loo qoray oo ah 'Sacadadiin' and not the butchering 'Sa'adatin' ama 'Sa'ad Aldiin' camal.

Miyir   

<cite>
said:</cite>

Hargeisa needs power generation and not more retail space.

Talaabo

This development is great achievement and well built I hope it leads more competition and bigger investment for the local economy in the future.

the private sector can contribute the development of infrastructure the government of the day must take the lead.

YoniZ   

Very good development. Big thumps-up to the investors and the architect.

I would have liked to know if the mall has space to rent for my splendid cafeteria.

Soloman   

A great step forward. Once the locals start investing in their own economies & create jobs then the international investors wont be that far behind.

xabad   

all the stuff to be sold in that mall not one product is locally made. i don't think its sustainable, just repatriating hard cash for frivolous consumption.why not try renewable energy venture, agriculture etc. hate this carwo/hotel/restaurant qashin somalis are so fond of.

<cite>
said:</cite>

all the stuff to be sold in that mall not one product is locally made. i don't think its sustainable, just repatriating hard cash for frivolous consumption.why not try renewable energy venture, agriculture etc. hate this carwo/hotel/restaurant qashin somalis are so fond of.

+1

I 100% totally agree.

Somaliland needs industry.

Tallaabo   

Before manufacturing industries are built or land is commercially farmed Somaliland must generate enough electricity and collect enough water from seasonal rains.

galbeedi   

Barwaaqo, Ilaahay ha inoo siyaadiyo nimcada. waxaan ku dari lahaa , this kind of business does not make a good return of the investment. The cost of running will be high, and I do not see huge diversifies retail outlets coming in. I am seeing mostly furniture. If they are aiming for the future, it could make money in the long term.

History shows, those who embark this kind of business are mostly corrupt oligarchs who stole the money or gained it illegally. Do you remember " carawadi Idko", in Mogadishu. They do for vanity reasons. I hope I am wrong.

Barwaaqo   

Galbeedi, salaama huuno, walee waan xasuustaa carwadii Idco ee ku tiilay jidka sodonka kkkk, horta sow labada dhisme isma yara shabahaan? horta sow lama odhan jirin (nacaskii xoolaha qaranka cunay) waa hadaan xusuustaydu i qaldayn.