Sign in to follow this  
Holac

How do you cope with relative's expectations on getting married?

Holac   

Get married. Why are you still around? Did you get married yet? Are you still looking? Adigu ma guursanaysid weligaa. Arooskagu waa goorma?

I am tired of these questions and comments.

How do you deal with them?

Coofle   

yaan lagu wareerin....Don't crack under pressure, you are the who will get married , marry in your own pace and speed and to whomever you want, don't please somebody by running to marriage...

Holac   

Coofle, this is usually not a big deal, but when it gets repetitive, it becomes annoying. The sarcasm is the worst.

Khayr   

Holac,

A little pressure is good for you. Now grow some balls and assume more responsibility.

Holac   

Khayr, easier said than done! The thought of being responsible for someone else is frightening.

Safferz   

<cite>
said:</cite>

Get married. Why are you still around? Did you get married yet? Are you still looking? Adigu ma guursanaysid weligaa. Arooskagu waa goorma?

I am tired of these questions and comments.

How do you deal with them?

Leaving the possibility open is what keeps relatives hopeful and constantly asking -- be straightforward and tell them you're not interested in getting married right now, that should shut it down.

Khayr   

<cite>

Leaving the possibility open is what keeps relatives hopeful and constantly asking -- be straightforward and tell them you're not interested in getting married right now, that should shut it down.

Dat is some Old lady single wisdom.

Youth and beauty don't last forever. :)

Safferz   

<cite>

Dat is some Old lady single wisdom.

Youth and beauty don't last forever.
:)

Who said I'm old or single? :P But seriously, it's the best way to get busybody relatives off your back.

gooni   

Don’t say leave me alone oo sariirta ha isku tuurin sidii nin adag ula xisaabtan

Hadii aad doonayso inaad wax barasho dhamayso ama dhaqaale samayso iwm u sheeg xigtadaada

Ehelkaagu meelo badan bay wax ka arkaan ama is leeyihiin armay fursadaas dhalinyaro nimadu dhaafisaa ha uqaadan fara gelin shakhsiyadeed waa dhaqan wax kula jecel

Waa laga yaabaa inay kugu fogaadaan ama kula kaftamaan haday waynaan kaa dareemaan

Ha xanaaqin haday ku yiraahdaan war ma kaadida keliyaad u sidataa?!!!

Mooge   

holac niyoow marry if you have the money to support family. if you still student, don't even think about it.

Safferz   

<cite>

Coercion is not necessarily a bad thing from my point of vieuw. Its merely a sign that you need to get on with it.

You guys are giving such unhelpful responses, lol. Holac doesn't want to get married right now and wants his relatives to STFU about it, so he's looking for help for that, not asking SOLers to give their opinions about a decision he's already made regarding his own life.