Sign in to follow this  
Isbarmuuto

puntland is finished.

puntland militia have not been paid since cabdi cawar came to power. yesterday they staged biggest mutiny and burned tires protesting lack of pay.

DSCN0002.jpg

DSCN0008.jpg

DSCN0007.jpg

DSCN0001.jpg

InshaAllah Puntland goes through this rough patch. Abdiweli Gaas really needs to think of new ways of raising revenue in his state, including encouraging native Puntlanders to invest and expand businesses in Puntland, which could go a long way in raising tax revenue.

Even opening up an online account where the Government of Puntland receives donations from diaspora members can go a long way. 1000 dollar donations from Somalis living in America or Tanzania could help contribute to Puntland's State coffers.

Several countries in the world already do this, and maybe Puntland can try this too.

Holac   

<cite>
said:</cite>

InshaAllah Puntland goes through this rough patch. Abdiweli Gaas really needs to think of new ways of raising revenue in his state, including encouraging native Puntlanders to invest and expand businesses in Puntland, which could go a long way in raising tax revenue.

Even opening up an online account where the Government of Puntland receives donations from diaspora members can go a long way. 1000 dollar donations from Somalis living in America or Tanzania could help contribute to Puntland's State coffers.

Several countries in the world already do this, and maybe Puntland can try this too.

Dr. Kenney, the expectation was enormous for Abdi-weli, but he is struggling to do anything. Is it because he inherited a bankrupt state? I am not an expert on Puntland politics, but politics is not kind to the economics professor.

Dr_Osman   

This is a staged protest by locals and politically influenced, you can tell how small the crowd is. It's called revenge tactics by garowe locals who want to destabilize the government in revenge of what happened to farole. They have nothing to complain about because in all honesty they are the capital city, I even think the presidential seat shouldn't go to anyone hosting the capital, I consider it double dipping.

Puntland armed forces are being paid on time at the end of month, this might be done electronically in the future through the hawala system.

Dr_Osman, puntland is dead inaar. These are the actions of a dead or dying state. If Cabdi Wali can't control Garowe, he lost control all together. Meesha waa lagu yaacay. Dib u eeg.

Adam   

You people waa bishi ramadan ee naga amusaa aan inika suumne , waar yaa naga qabta caruurti Reer Siyasad-jacayl. Yaaaab

<cite>
said:</cite>

Dr. Kenney, the expectation was enormous for Abdi-weli, but he is struggling to do anything. Is it because he inherited a bankrupt state? I am not an expert on Puntland politics, but politics is not kind to the economics professor.

I agree politics isn't kind for this man. He's stuck between a rock and a hard place. Puntland isn't seeking independence so they're not getting any of this special treatment that Somaliland is getting. Puntland doesn't host Mogadishu, so all of the investment projects of the last few years is going to Mogadishu instead of Puntland. And the Puntland diaspora community isn't doing enough to invest in their land.

They'd much rather put their money in Zambia or South Africa instead of Puntland.

Puntland could move forward if their people actually got behind Abdiweli and WORKED towards progress....instead of boasting about Puntland constantly on Internet Chat Forums and waving flags at Puntland Pride events in foreign countries. The State isn't going to build itself.

But just look at this "Isbarmuuto" boasting that Puntland is about to fall apart and be finished. I noticed with the Somaliland crowd, they have this unexplained hatred for Reer Puntland, and want to see them finished off. I noticed it with Xaaji, with CidanSultan, and now with this person. This hatred is disgusting, I wouldn't expect it from foreigners in far-away countries, yet we see it everyday with the Hargeisa crowd

Holac   

Dr. Kenney, Xaaji is not bad at all. To me, Xaaji Xunjuf is an intelligent guy who strongly supports his fiefdom.

As far as Puntland goes, A friend once bragged to me that Puntland is bankrupt and I dismissed it as one of his usual Somaliland bravado, but I am beginning to believe there is something wrong here. Why isn't Puntland paying its army? The army should be the first ones to be paid from any taxes collected. Abdiwali is always in the news traveling, where does that travel money come from and what is he doing abraod?