Sign in to follow this  
Tuujiye

Rooney

WingA   

Rooney was, is and always better then Drogba since how long?? for years mate, i never said he was the best player in the world but Drogba has nothing interesting for me.. waste of space.. send him back and get a refund then try to get someone that has X-Factor..

Messi is better then Maradona, in todays game its on a different level to the 70s, 80s, 90s.

You take Messi now and put him in them years and you wouldnt say something like that..

BOB   

Winga...Sup Bro.

So you think Messi is better than Diego?

Peace, Love & Unity.

WingA   

Sup BOB?? Its all good in the desert bro, chilling and the champions league is getting hot so is the premier league.. Now i can watch the games an hour earliar then before.. at last.. still 3 hours difference..

Bruv, i dont remember Maradona being as good as Messi real talk and i see him so humble he would play football for free..

The only thing missing from Messi is a world cup medal and i dont if he'll get that this summer but did Maradona score nearly 40 goals every season when fit??

Karl.. Which part?? the Drogba bit or Maradona vs Messi??

NGONGE   

^^ Maradona carried entire teams on his own, saaxib. Messi, as great as he is, has always been just a bit part player in whatever great team he played for (and he didn't play for many). They are world apart.

maradona.jpg

Tuujiye   

loool@ Winga...

I guess everyone knows now why I hate Man U fans!!... waa umad bilowday hada in ee daawadaan ama dheelaan Football...

Maradona could have scored 40+ goals every year sxb if he wasn't a midfielder..

Winga you think messi would have an easy time in the 80's lool budy, Messi is doing nothing new and everything he is doing today even his skill moves, was done by Maradona... you sound like a brit who hate Maradona..I'm a big Ronaldinho fan and I never thought Dinho was better Maradona and same with ZUZU..and both Ronaldinho and ZUZU played for different teams and won way more silver wear than Messi and you don't want to talk about skill moves...

Messi is very young, and yes he will be a great player one day like Zidane and Ronaldo (Brazil) but you kids today need to come down with this B.S at the moment....

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Polanyi   

Originally posted by WingA:

Karl.. Which part?? the Drogba bit or Maradona vs Messi??

Well Drogba is an excellent striker. He almost has the perfect attributes for a striker: pace, strength, shooting, heading, skill, etc. Obviously, rooney will achieve more in his career, but I it would have been interesting to see what he would have done if he had come to a major club at the age of 20 or in his early twenties. he burst onto the scene late.

aNYWAY, i was referring to your analogy about donna and messi. how do you know what maradonna could have done if he had been a player in todays game and he had acess to the training regimes and diets players like messi have today.

WingA   

I dont remember watching Maradona once or twice a week so maybe i might be missing something but i still think Messi will become a better player all round by the time he retires..

I'm no football expert lads but i got my views on football and its open for discussion hence the membership here..

Again.. Rooney is better then Drogba..

Messi will become better then Maradona ever was.. thats life and its part of making history..

Its like saying Eusabio or Figo is better Ronaldo and Ronaldo will be never better then them.. Go figure..

NGONGE   

Originally posted by WingA:

I dont remember watching Maradona once or twice a week so maybe i might be missing something but i still think Messi will become a better player all round by the time he retires..

I'm no football expert lads but i got my views on football and its open for discussion hence the membership here..

Again.. Rooney is better then Drogba..

Messi will become better then Maradona ever was.. thats life and its part of making history..

Its like saying Eusabio or Figo is better Ronaldo and Ronaldo will be never better then them.. Go figure..

Rooney is not better than Drogba (though he has the potential). :D

Eusabio is from a bygone era and can't be compared to these guys. Ronaldo IS better than Figo (they both played under similar conditions).

Messi can never be better than Maradona. You see, Messi plays in a time when tackles are almost outlawed. If a defender as much as pushes him he gets a free kick in his favour. Go watch Maradona in the 82 world cup and see the tackles he had to suffer in that tournment (with not a single free kick). Watch some of the crazy stuff those players used to get away with and then dare to compare him to mummy's boy Messi. In addition, despite all Messi's ninja skills he still is no leader of men. Go and watch Maradona in all the teams he played for, saaxib. It was not just his amazing skill that made him the greatest player ever. It was his leadership, desire and work rate. Maradona was Rooney and Messi in one (and still was better than the two combined).

What's next? Toure as the best defender in the world? :D

nuune   

What's next? Toure as the best defender in the world?

I think Tuujiska already said that somewhere in the Politics section :D

Abtigiis   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ Maradona carried entire teams on his own, saaxib. Messi, as great as he is, has always been just a bit part player in whatever great team he played for (and he didn't play for many). They are world apart.

maradona.jpg

Loooooool! :D:D Ninka gadhka leh ee dhexda kujiraa ma Eric Grets baa? 6 + goalkeepr ayaa Maradona ku mashquulsan! Only 4 are facing the other 10 Argentines. :D

NG, adeer Messi iyo sheekadan riqiiska ka ah ka bax. Don't give it credence to this nonsense by commenting on it. Did these children iyo odaygan isyeelyeelaya ee BOB ever watch the kind of goals Maradona scored for Boca Juniors. Direct kick fom the half-way?

War Maradona was rooni, ronaldo, messi, zidane put togather. Bring messi to Middlesborugh or Reading and let us see wuxuu qaado. You can't say that about Maradona. If he joins Newlls Old Boys in his days, they used to shine.

N.O.R.F   

Zizzou ha hadal keenin ninyow.

I'm still not convinced by Messi.

How bad is Rooney's injury? I felt that pain 11 weeks ago. Still not 100%.