Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Once again African countries seem to be trudging the long beaten path of failure at the ongoing World Cup in Brazil

Admin   

african-football-failure-world-cupOnce again African countries seem to be trudging the long beaten path of failure at the ongoing World Cup in Brazil endorsing fears that the continent’s pursuit for more than five slots will hit yet another brick wall.So far with all the five teams having had a go at their opening games, it is looking grim for African countries with Ivory Coast being the only team to have managed a win overcoming Japan 2-1 in a come from behind performance.Even that performance may not have come in the most convincing of fashions still leaving lingering doubts if after the first round Africa will still have representation.For Cameroon it was a familiar tale of failure since the dizzying heights of Italia 90 that saw them pioneer a quarter final appearance ever for any African country and from then on time has stood still for the not so indomitable lions.In a group that houses hosts and record five time champions, Cameroon went down 1-0 to Mexico. Given they still have a date with Luka Modric’s Croatia and Brazil few can bet on the Africans making it beyond their group. Cameroon looked flat and any keen football follower will tell you their poor performance is only rivaled by Honduras so far.Nigeria had looked like the team most likely to carry the African hope beyond the Group stage but came short on a night they were expected to at least do Africa proud with a win over Carlos Queiroz’s Iran but the African champions blew that chance.With Argentina still lying in wait, there is little optimism Nigeria will pull it off against Bosnia and Herzegovina having looked disinterested against a relatively beatable Iranian side. The Super Eagles’ best World Cup performance remains their 1994 second round finish and on their subsequent appearances have remained mere passengers.The Black Stars of Ghana were perhaps handed the harshest of draws among the African teams and may have well kiss their World Cup goodbye when they lost to arguably the weakest team in the group or rather their best bet for three points in the USA.Credit to them they have been Africa’s biggest performance flag carriers at the last two World Cups including a quarter final appearance in 2010 that was brought to a crashing end after a Luis Suarez handball with star striker Gyan Asamoah missing the resultant penalty. With Germany and Portugal in wait there is a very slim chance the Black Stars could be among the flag carriers after the first round.Algeria were handed the brightest of starts when they went into the half time break leading tournament dark horses Belgium but capitulated in the second half to lose 2-1 and sum up the African story thus far in Brazil.The North Africans will have to await the Russian and South Korean challenge to see how far they can go in the tournament where they are yet to go past the first round.Didier Drogba’s Ivory Coast for all their frailties remain Africa’s biggest hope after their opening victory over Japan. Largely viewed as the Ivory Coast’s golden generation’s last shot at glory, Drogba, African Footballer of the Year Yaya Toure, his brother Kolo and Solomon Kalou among others could fancy their chances against Colombia and Greece in subsequent games and perhaps mark a befitting send off to the golden generation.Yet the overrall performance of the African brothers will be unconvincing and continue to dwarf the voice of reason advocating the continent’s 52 members deserve much more than the five slots given to them for the tournament held once every four years.http://zambiareports.com/

http://www.somaliaonline.com/once-again-african-countries-seem-to-be-trudging-the-long-beaten-path-of-failure-at-the-ongoing-world-cup-in-brazil/

In the world cup the most organized teams are usually the best, African teams don't have the resources or the coaching to make cohesive teams despite being choke full or stars (didn't you hear about the mutinies in the Ghanian and and Cameroonian teams). I also don't see the urgency in their game, they don't play passionately like they are representing their countries (I'm sure most of them haven't been back home since they started playing in Europe) or maybe they are trying to avoid to getting injured.

<cite>
said:</cite>

In the world cup the most organized teams are usually the best, African teams don't have the resources or the coaching to make cohesive teams despite being choke full or stars (didn't you hear about the mutinies in the Ghanian and and Cameroonian teams). I also don't see the urgency in their game, they don't play passionately like they are representing their countries (I'm sure most of them haven't been back home since they started playing in Europe) or maybe they are trying to avoid to getting injured.

i disagree. Nigerian coach Stephen Keshi is actually good. he's fixed a lot of the institutional qalooc plighted by African football.

you'd rather they were managed by whites, ma laha?

galbeedi   

That is why it's called team sport. They do not have the toughness while been calm in the field and always they lack organizational skill. The culture and way of life of your society will reflect in the field. In Cameroon, I was watching a gut who want drible two guys in front of the goal three four times while his teammate is waiting beside him.

even Ivory Coast had many injuries and cramps due to lack of preparation. you can't lose three guys with small injuries and expect to win .

<cite>

i disagree. Nigerian coach Stephen Keshi is actually good. he's fixed a lot of the institutional qalooc plighted by African football.

you'd rather they were managed by whites, ma laha?

I'm curious what made you think that I wanted them to be coached by a white guy?

Anyway, based on their game they lack discipline and they don't play like a team, lacking resources is a fact of life for an African team I even read somewhere that the Ghanian team were angry that their FIFA money didn't get to them.

Tallaabo   

<cite>

I'm curious what made you think that I wanted them to be coached by a white guy?

Anyway, based on their game they lack discipline and they don't play like a team, lacking resources is a fact of life for an African team I even read somewhere that the Ghanian team were angry that their FIFA money didn't get to them.

Alpha is right, Africa needs not only white football managers but in fact is desperate for white masters :-D

Soomaalida kooxaha Afrikaanka see si 'automatic' ah ula jiraan ka yaabay. Waxaas waa reverse midabtakoornimo.

Sabtidaan soo socoto, Eebbe ha idmee, I am planning to go to this certain Soomaali maqaayad, which I am sure will be crowded with maryooleey fans cheering for Gaana. I will be cheering and noising for my favourite team, Jarmalka. Dadka badan madaxa xanuuni doono.

<cite>

Soomaalida kooxaha Afrikaanka see si 'automatic' ah ula jiraan ka yaabay. Waxaas waa reverse midabtakoornimo.

Sabtidaan soo socoto, Eebbe ha idmee, I am planning to go to this certain Soomaali maqaayad, which I am sure will be crowded with maryooleey fans cheering for Gaana. I will be cheering and noising for my favourite team, Jarmalka. Dadka badan madaxa xanuuni doono.

exciting stuff. bal do let me know how the crowd reacts to your support for the Germans.

Khayr   

Ghana v. Germany is a joke on paper.

Ghana is out for sure and so to are all the african teams. What a total disapppointment!

All the great African players are playing for Euro countries. See France's All North African tream :)

Well, it's psychological, imo. Playing some of the best teams, leagues and themselves have great skills, ability yet they don't seem to deliver.

Australia with their almost amateur players played with more gusto and passion than any of the African teams.

Disappointing!

<cite>

Ghana v. Germany is a joke on paper.

Ghana is out for sure and so to are all the african teams. What a total disapppointment!

All the great African players are playing for Euro countries. See France's All North African tream
:)

Laba ka mid ah your adeeryaashaa were darn mad at me for cheering Jarmalka. "Wadh miyaadan Afrikaan ahayn. Wadh, wadh..." ayee ku haayeen.

And I cheered loudly markee goolka koowaad Jarmalka dhaliyeen, that they left immediately. I told them to stick around, anything can happen.

After Gaana scored two in a row, others were loud and some eedo was like, "Aawey wiilkii Jarmalka la jiray?" I told her ciyaar waa galin dambe.

Both Ghana are Portugal will likely be out. Germany and US will play it safe and settle for a draw. The Germans will try not to embarrass Klinsmann even thought the US is not an easy team to beat. The Americans play their hearts out and give everything they got. Bravehearts!!!!

Germans are ruthless. It will be unwise for them not to crush the States. Freak goals can occur and complacency is an enemy.

I don't mind seeing them lose, just to stick our dear friend MMA hehehe.