Sign in to follow this  
Homunculus

What culture do you respect the most?

galbeedi   

There were 300 families of three different back ground. one hundred Somalis, 100 Saudis and 100 Germans. All Muslims. They were put in a tough landscape where people must survive and build their communities in that new land. THey were told there were no were to return.

Immediately, the Somalis tried to find out if there is a way out of this difficult situation. One of them even suggested to bribe the project manager. The Saudis were still debating who should be the Amir of the group. One of them said he was a member of the Royal family , so he should be the leader, while another one said he was among the descendants of the prophet( may peace be upon him), but they finally agreed and chose a radical sheikh. The Germans started working on the land.

After a while the community became one and all worked together for food, water and shelter. Everything was working well for a while. Since life skill and survival is the foundation of the progress and the well being of the community, those with know how, became the most important ones. The Germans quickly became the leaders of the community.

Somalis seemed to be adopting and learning from Germans the skills needed to survive. The Saudis too are contributing and are working on the agricultural and home building. the big difference is the Saudis accepted this tough life but, do not want look to the future or or even work for the long term program. THe Somalis think they are smarter than both of these guys. They contribute, but each family is also working for his next exit or where to move next. The Germans work and live like there is no other place in the world but this barren land.

As in any other communities who share life , conflicts arise. The Germans are working hard as usual , but lack the human interaction that is essential in the Somalia and Saudi culture. Also, they are like a clock when it comes to time and tasks, which put great collision between them and Somalis. further more, they were becoming richer and influential. They have better houses with clean water and other amenities. The Somalis and Saudis became very jealous. All these quarrels were minor until the big conflict was instigated by a Somali from Mudug region. While both communities were unhappy about these Germans and their prosparity , the Somali suggested to the Saudis that the best way to punish the Germans were to furnish a Fatwa ( a religious edict).

The Sheikh accused the Germans of failing to adhere to basic Islamic tenets. The Germans said " we pray five times, we pay the Zakat, and we contribute on our part of commitment we took. The Saudi sheikh said that " your women are working along side you, their dress code is not up to the level desired by us and you emphasize more about this worldly life than the hereafter, and last but not the least, you practice racism and other un islamic behaviour.

The Germans debated, but finally decided to part ways from these group and have their own community separate from the rest. The Somalis debated too. Since they do not have a leader, they became three groups. The First group said that the Germans were wronged and must be helped. " they do most of the work and are fulfilling their commitment , so, we should ally ourselves with them". The second group led by a guy from Mogadishu, said " we should support the Saudi sheikh, after all they are the guardians of the faith and their judgement is final, besides we too are Arabs and share a lot with Saudis". The third group of Somalis must decide the balance of the community since these two groups are deadlocked. The third group led by a guy from Hargeisa said " I will not add my voice to neither side, but I have the solution", " We are neither Saudi nor German, so we should set up our own camp, separate from the Germans, saudis, amd and the two Somali groups.

After a while, everyone came to their senses and agreed to resolve. Since war and bloodshed will not resolve anything, they all agreed to use the ballot box to resolve the issue. once again the biggest obstacle came from Somalis. Both the Germans and Saudis agreed that before any vote takes place, the three Somali groups must come together so we could be three equal groups.

while the debate among the Somalis were going, the exile period was over and all were told to leave.

Khayr   

the ballot box to resolve the issue.

Did you know that before every ballot box comes an

FF-16? Just ask the MMuslim brotherhood or the AAfghanis or the People of Crimea.

<cite>
said:</cite>

There were 300 families of three different back ground. one hundred Somalis, 100 Saudis and 100 Germans. All Muslims. They were put in a tough landscape where people must survive and build their communities in that new land. THey were told there were no were to return.

Immediately, the Somalis tried to find out if there is a way out of this difficult situation. One of them even suggested to bribe the project manager. The Saudis were still debating who should be the Amir of the group. One of them said he was a member of the Royal family , so he should be the leader, while another one said he was among the descendants of the prophet( may peace be upon him), but they finally agreed and chose a radical sheikh. The Germans started working on the land.

After a while the community became one and all worked together for food, water and shelter. Everything was working well for a while. Since life skill and survival is the foundation of the progress and the well being of the community, those with know how, became the most important ones. The Germans quickly became the leaders of the community.

Somalis seemed to be adopting and learning from Germans the skills needed to survive. The Saudis too are contributing and are working on the agricultural and home building. the big difference is the Saudis accepted this tough life but, do not want look to the future or or even work for the long term program. THe Somalis think they are smarter than both of these guys. They contribute, but each family is also working for his next exit or where to move next. The Germans work and live like there is no other place in the world but this barren land.

As in any other communities who share life , conflicts arise. The Germans are working hard as usual , but lack the human interaction that is essential in the Somalia and Saudi culture. Also, they are like a clock when it comes to time and tasks, which put great collision between them and Somalis. further more, they were becoming richer and influential. They have better houses with clean water and other amenities. The Somalis and Saudis became very jealous. All these quarrels were minor until the big conflict was instigated by a Somali from Mudug region. While both communities were unhappy about these Germans and their prosparity , the Somali suggested to the Saudis that the best way to punish the Germans were to furnish a Fatwa ( a religious edict).

The Sheikh accused the Germans of failing to adhere to basic Islamic tenets. The Germans said " we pray five times, we pay the Zakat, and we contribute on our part of commitment we took. The Saudi sheikh said that " your women are working along side you, their dress code is not up to the level desired by us and you emphasize more about this worldly life than the hereafter, and last but not the least, you practice racism and other un islamic behaviour.

The Germans debated, but finally decided to part ways from these group and have their own community separate from the rest. The Somalis debated too. Since they do not have a leader, they became three groups. The First group said that the Germans were wronged and must be helped. " they do most of the work and are fulfilling their commitment , so, we should ally ourselves with them". The second group led by a guy from Mogadishu, said " we should support the Saudi sheikh, after all they are the guardians of the faith and their judgement is final, besides we too are Arabs and share a lot with Saudis". The third group of Somalis must decide the balance of the community since these two groups are deadlocked. The third group led by a guy from Hargeisa said " I will not add my voice to neither side, but I have the solution", " We are neither Saudi nor German, so we should set up our own camp, separate from the Germans, saudis, amd and the two Somali groups.

After a while, everyone came to their senses and agreed to resolve. Since war and bloodshed will not resolve anything, they all agreed to use the ballot box to resolve the issue. once again the biggest obstacle came from Somalis. Both the Germans and Saudis agreed that before any vote takes place, the three Somali groups must come together so we could be three equal groups.

while the debate among the Somalis were going, the exile period was over and all were told to leave.

nice little read Galbeedi. cheers.

Galbeedi I really do believe that if Somalis were left alone for a long period of time, then we will eventually sort out our internal issues and then create the solid foundations of a modern nation-state.

Nation-building doesn't happen overnight. The Germans and the Japanese went through many of the same issues we do today. They just had the benefit of going through these problems earlier. The Italians and Brits when they came to Somalia only further stirred the pot and caused even more damage.

But I sincerely believe that had the Brits and Italians never set foot on our shores, then Somalia would consist of several regional kingdoms which would eventually unite into a single nation-state. And our culture would adjust to value hard-work, thriftiness, patriotism and other values which are needed to build a strong country.

Cultures evolve, and Somalia is still evolving. Give it some time and we'll sort ourselves out inshaAllah

<cite>

Galbeedi, that really paints Somali's (and Saudi's)in bad light, and to think Alpha Blondy called me a self hater.

Trust me, you're not a self-hater but Alpha definitely is a self-hater

I made a thread a few months back regarding the President of Somalia, and Alpha wrote this:

<cite>

^ i didn't read the points your raised, ruunti.
nor do i particularly care for the sad and pathetic state of reer Somalia.

See what I bolded? He doesn't care at all for the "sad and pathetic state of reer Somalia".

If there was ever a self-hater, Alpha is one. He doesn't care about the state of the country yet he's frequently on this forum, bashing others and causing problems.

I get a bad taste in my mouth whenever his name is brought up, wallahi.

<cite>

Galbeedi, that really paints Somali's (and Saudi's)in bad light, and to think Alpha Blondy called me a self hater.

it's a little silly, if you ask me, to make audacious statements online, when you're so removed from the reality on the ground. some of 'us' are here on the ground and doing our bit for the collective betterment of dadkeena, abti. you make a mockery of our efforts.

<cite>

it's a little silly, if you ask me, to make audacious statements online, when you're so removed from the reality on the ground. some of 'us' are here on the ground and doing our bit for the collective betterment of dadkeena, abti. you make a mockery of our efforts.

Enlighten me Alpha, what have you done for the "collective betterment of dadkeena"??

Was it you very clearly saying that "nor do i particularly care for the sad and pathetic state of reer Somalia."

Was it your long lonely walks through the streets of London?

Was it you harassing other SOL'ers on this forum?

Tell all of us Alpha, what have you done for our people, other than stroke your ego on this forum by attempting to be a Comedian?

Tallaabo   

<cite>

Enlighten me Alpha, what have you done for the "collective betterment of dadkeena"??

Was it you very clearly saying that
"nor do i particularly care for the sad and pathetic state of reer Somalia."

Was it your long lonely walks through the streets of London?

Was it you harassing other SOL'ers on this forum?

Tell all of us Alpha, what have you done for our people, other than stroke your ego on this forum by attempting to be a Comedian?

He planted some lovely flowers in that desert wasteland called Hargeisa dee :-D

<cite>

Was it you very clearly saying that
"nor do i particularly care for the sad and pathetic state of reer Somalia."

you're such an imbecile. i meant what i said. i'm not from that hellish place and..... the world's first officially failed state oo ku magac dheere Somalia, dee. i'm from SL. i know deep within the gutter of your jihadist inspired islamo-fascist mindset, you don't recognise borders, as there's only muslim and gaal but tana ku xisabtan.

<cite>

He planted some lovely flowers in that desert wasteland called Hargeisa dee :-D

i build. this terrorist thug destroys. i want to plant trees/flowers for sustainability purposes. he wants those women who have the painters in, to wear red socks. he also wants to ban samosas. clearly there's a difference of opinions, ee so maha aragtid? :P

<cite>

you're such an imbecile. i meant what i said. i'm not from Somalia, dee. you little terrorist doofar.

Then please don't ever comment on any thread (over 80% of threads) that is discussing Somalia.

Whether it occurs in Bari or whether it occurs in Kismayo. Stay away from it, we've all seen your true colors here. And frankly, nobody wants to hear your opinion

Now go back to your long lonely walks and enjoy your cafe latte. And please think before you speak. Miskeen....doesn't even know how to conduct himself in public :(

P.S. And there's no need to get angry and throw a temper tantrum and insult me. I'm using your own words against you. :D

Khayr   

Does Alpha get always get a pass for axmaqniimo?

The fact that there is a thread like this really shows the mentally weak state that some of you are in and the imbedded colonial mindset.

galbeedi   

Kheyr, the intension my thread wasn't about ballot box or democracy, but the moral foundation of backward people , which is jealousy and unhealthy competing interests. Failed people and nations always blame someone else for their conditions. The thread showed how far Somalis would take small disagreements. The Afghans you are talking about have been killing one another for thirty years. Now atleast they have a chance to move forward regardless of the conflict. "Allah doesn't change the condition of the people unless they change what is in their Hearts". Wuxuu yidhi " ninkii dhalaalayaba ninbaa dhoobada ugu jira". Everyone of us want to shine without lifting the heavy load and dirtying our hands.

By the way elections and selecting leaders by ballot box is a an Islamic tradition, which neither the Saudis nor other Islamic scholars of history would address. Just before Umar Binul Khataab(RA), passed away, he convened the most important "asaxaaba", of his time, especially those the Jannah has been promised by Allah " the Ashara Mubashireen", to discuss his successor. He selected six men, among them, Xudayfa binu Yamaan, Cisman Binu cafaan, Ali Binu Abi Tali, and C/rahman Binu cowf. He said the leader of the Ummah must be selected among these six. He told his son Abdurahman, " if they become tie, you must break the tie, and you must vote which ever way Abdurahman binu Cowf votes". " They must be sequestrated ( just like the way juries are sequestrated here in the west), and within certain time they must choose the leader". " after the verdict is announced, who ever opposes must be prosecuted and condemned". That was how Cismaan Binu Cafaan was selected.

During the American election of 2000, there was a huge debate and disagreement in the state of Florida. After long protracted legal and political maneuvering, the decision and the case was put in front of the UNited State Supreme Court. After deliberations, they declared George Bush, the winner. Al Gore, the vice president of USA and the other contestant, held a press conference after the verdict. He said " I disagree with verdict of the supreme court judges, but I accept". At that moment , if he said I reject the verdict, he would have been arrested and charged with contempt of court. That was the tradition of Umar Binu Khattab.

Also , when somebody is condemned to death penalty in America, before he is executed, members of the media, victims of the murderer, his family, the state prosecutors, the government and selected members of the public must be present. Then, they will put him the lethal injection in his veins. THe Islamic tradition says when you kill people or even animals , you must use a swift and humane way in order for them not to feel less pain as possible. also the public must know. by doing these the American justice system is following that tradition.

Now, THe Taliban and others bring the condemned to the soccer stadium, force people to fill up the stands and then shoot him/her with AK47. Most of those brought to be executed in public are poor helpless people or women accused of adultery. Which one is the Sunnah.

Rather than bite the hand that feeds you or put down the land you are calling home at the moment , learn and copy it's strengths , and avoid their weaknesses. What I have seen in our culture, Somalis do not like people giving compliments or even praising someone. I bet if someone talks about the goodness of the societies that we live, you will immediately called self hating or worse.

Homunculus, I may have been harsh to them, but when I look the logic of Somalia been divided by useless reasons, it will reflect in the bigger world. That is why I will never accept small family of Somalia divide in two or more quarreling tribal states , infiltrated by masked Saudi inspired nihilistic movements. Finally , by working hard and producing like the Germans, the small petty quarrels and the scarcity of the small meagre resources that we are fighting to gain may became abundant.

That was the moral of the story.

Tallaabo   

<cite>

Kheyr, the intension my thread wasn't about ballot box or democracy, but the moral foundation of backward people , which is jealousy and unhealthy competing interests. Failed people and nations always blame someone else for their conditions. The thread showed how far Somalis would take small disagreements. The Afghans you are talking about have been killing one another for thirty years. Now atleast they have a chance to move forward regardless of the conflict. "Allah doesn't change the condition of the people unless they change what is in their Hearts". Wuxuu yidhi " ninkii dhalaalayaba ninbaa dhoobada ugu jira". Everyone of us want to shine without lifting the heavy load and dirtying our hands.

By the way elections and selecting leaders by ballot box is a an Islamic tradition, which neither the Saudis nor other Islamic scholars of history would address. Just before Umar Binul Khataab(RA), passed away, he convened the most important "asaxaaba", of his time, especially those the Jannah has been promised by Allah " the Ashara Mubashireen", to discuss his successor. He selected six men, among them, Xudayfa binu Yamaan, Cisman Binu cafaan, Ali Binu Abi Tali, and C/rahman Binu cowf. He said the leader of the Ummah must be selected among these six. He told his son Abdurahman, " if they become tie, you must break the tie, and you must vote which ever way Abdurahman binu Cowf votes". " They must be sequestrated ( just like the way juries are sequestrated here in the west), and within certain time they must choose the leader". " after the verdict is announced, who ever opposes must be prosecuted and condemned". That was how Cismaan Binu Cafaan was selected.

During the American election of 2000, there was a huge debate and disagreement in the state of Florida. After long protracted legal and political maneuvering, the decision and the case was put in front of the UNited State Supreme Court. After deliberations, they declared George Bush, the winner. Al Gore, the vice president of USA and the other contestant, held a press conference after the verdict. He said " I disagree with verdict of the supreme court judges, but I accept". At that moment , if he said I reject the verdict, he would have been arrested and charged with contempt of court. That was the tradition of Umar Binu Khattab.

Also , when somebody is condemned to death penalty in America, before he is executed, members of the media, victims of the murderer, his family, the state prosecutors, the government and selected members of the public must be present. Then, they will put him the lethal injection in his veins. THe Islamic tradition says when you kill people or even animals , you must use a swift and humane way in order for them not to feel less pain as possible. also the public must know. by doing these the American justice system is following that tradition.

Now, THe Taliban and others bring the condemned to the soccer stadium, force people to fill up the stands and then shoot him/her with AK47. Most of those brought to be executed in public are poor helpless people or women accused of adultery. Which one is the Sunnah.

Rather than bite the hand that feeds you or put down the land you are calling home at the moment , learn and copy it's strengths , and avoid their weaknesses. What I have seen in our culture, Somalis do not like people giving compliments or even praising someone. I bet if someone talks about the goodness of the societies that we live, you will immediately called self hating or worse.

Homunculus, I may have been harsh to them, but when I look the logic of Somalia been divided by useless reasons, it will reflect in the bigger world. That is why I will never accept small family of Somalia divide in two or more quarreling tribal states , infiltrated by masked Saudi inspired nihilistic movements. Finally , by working hard and producing like the Germans, the small petty quarrels and the scarcity of the small meagre resources that we are fighting to gain may became abundant.

That was the moral of the story.

A good lesson for Khayr. The guy believes that if something is associated with the west, then it is un-Islamic and must be opposed.