Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

Somaliland new Ministery of aviation construction Finalized +PICS

galbeedi   

Xaaji we have two airports and not much aviation to manage . what will this huge office building can contribute. I would have put all ministries in a single building. For me it is a waste of money. I would have used that money for clinics or water wells.

We are building airports Burco airport is under Construction Buhoodle airport is under construction Laascanood airport is under construction Borama airport is under construction . Berbera airport is being expanded the same way with Hargeysa. Somaliland maanta uun maha sooner or later we have more than 8 massive airports.

Why does Somaliland need such a vast building housing a Ministry of Aviation and Air Transport?

Seems like such a waste!

Somaliland doesn't need Big Government Bureaucracy. They need private sector investment and jobs with a small-sized Government. Big Government chokes economic growth, it results in all this red tape and it leaves the country worse off. Somaliland can't afford to walk such a path. They should look at what the terrible effects of Big Government in countries around the world.

Dr_Osman   

Somaliland has definitely moved forward especially on the ministry building side and diaspora investment, there is no question mark there. As for GOVT services to the average person on the street, they are no better then mogadishu govt. I don't see much Silanyo does for the everyday somalilander.

But I do welcome these ministries, I think this one is way to big, I like the others one though, they are more suitable.

Dr_Osman   

The strange thing about SL govt is, it doesn't do govt do which is 'serve its ppl' it sure serves itself with ministry buildings, imagine how many wells they could've of done with that to lift up lifting standards or water projects. The key area govts are measured in is their people living standards not how well they serve themselves. They really need to put an end to that and start serving the people.

a little silly that the ministry of aviation is located in futo baciiid near the airport. the ministry of sports ought to be moved to dhaanta arabka because the football stadium is located there, you know. while they're at it, they ought to move rural affairs to the miyi and the fisheries ministry to berbera to stop the importation of reer xamari fish imports.

the Kulmiyetrocy Zionist Criminal Regime is a joke. their ''wax qabad'' efforts are getting more and more ridiculous. they're not impressing anyone with these aesthetically poor buildings.

Like the others said, Somaliland has no airports worthy of the word itself and we have no aviation industry which requires to be managed. Therefore this building is a total waste of money.

Just two blocks from the Presidency is the debilitated and crumbling Hargeisa Hospital. The shocking condition that the mentally ill people are housed would have deserved a fraction of the money that was wasted in building this huge building for a ministry that doesn't exist.

There are a number of ministries that should be abolished as stand alone ministries. These include among others Ministry of Aviation, Ministry of Postage, Ministry of Industry, Ministry of Water. These so called ministries are not required and rather should be an office within other ministries. These are only there to cater to clans and have no benefit to Somaliland.

Great building,gov't also doing what it can on all fronts,hospitals,roads,wells,schools etc.Private sector pitching in too.

Aviation industry expanding as heavier planes start landing like that cargo one by Africa Air.Along with ships,the air is vital part of the Somali businesses and a much needed one.their cargoes are trucked to Ethiopia & beyond,so is not confined only to Somaliland....bigger picture here.