Sign in to follow this  
Tillamook

Somaliland must set a good example for the rest of our country, once again...

It will be in the interest for all of Somalia that a free and fair election takes place in Somaliland. I hope the elders and the general populace insist on having a free and fair election, and should not fall victim to the politicians who might want to divide them along tribal lines.

Should Silanyo, Bixi or anyone else should win fair and square, then all Somalis should support him.

All this talk about fighting Bixi if he DOES win is nonsense. If a fair election takes place and either Silanyo or Bixi wins, then we should support him!

Tallaabo   

<cite>
said:</cite>

It will be in the interest for all of Somalia that a free and fair election takes place in Somaliland. I hope the elders and the general populace insist on having a free and fair election, and should not fall victim to the politicians who might want to divide them along tribal lines.

Should Silanyo, Bixi or anyone else should win fair and square, then all Somalis should support him.

All this talk about fighting Bixi if he DOES win is nonsense. If a fair election takes place and either Silanyo or Bixi wins, then we should support him!

That is a good advice although I can't bring myself to support an unrepentant warlord like Muuse Biixi.

I think Somaliland has matured enough to weather this squabble, they are far removed when Egal and Tuur fought and Hargaysa become a war zone. It all depends how Siilanyp handles the situation and so far it does not look good. Let us hope the people side with the law rather than their clan.

Miyir   

Looking back the unnecessary misadventures of current administration in Hargeysa(Buuhoodle massacre, Lasqoray and Taleex provocation) Siilaanyo not a peacemaker. i hope cool heads prevail, we have enough problems in Mogadishu.

Holac   

I think Somaliland people will eventually sort this mess out. This crisis is the worst political crisis in Somaliland's modern history.

Miyir   

<cite>

I think Somaliland people will eventually sort this mess out. This crisis is the worst political crisis in Somaliland's modern history.

I hope so, may fear is when the average Duriyada realizes the truth and all the lies from the rulers as US policy towards Somalia exposed what it was, just a pipe dream, and the Somalis politicians mashruuc, duriyadaland ictiraaf nonsense that kept the masses in perpetual suspense would never arrive!

galbeedi   

They can resolve this issues through legal avenues. If both Ahmed Siilaanyo and Ina Biixi want to run for Kulmiye, it is easy to resolve.

call the party convention and let the delegates vote. the number of delegates is around 1200 members. They can choose the winner and the problem is solved. I am afraid, as they usually do they push the problem for another day and the matter will drag on until the last minute.

The Guurti will create either wrong solutions or illegal maneuvers. There are three scenarios.

1- They will decide to make Ina Biixi , the vice president of Siilaanyo in the next election and eliminate C/raxman Zatlici. They do not need to disclose this , but proclaim that a solution was reached.

2- They will postpone the election two years. Rather than 2015, they will propose in July/2017. In this scenario, both the Guurti and Parliament will be part of these extension. In other words, they are doing themselves a favor since their term is already expired. Ahmed Siilaanyo will serve until 2017, then, he will resign to make way for Biixi. The constitution is clear on this . " election can only be postponed due to war or natural disaster. None of these reasons are there, unless Biixi want to create that war in the coming months. In other words , it is illegal to postpone.

3-the last but not the least is to put a band aid to the problem. Instead of facing the issue, they may recommend to keep the status quo and say " Gudddomiyaha waa in loo daayaa maamulka xisbiga, madaxweynuhuna dawlada ku eekaadaa".

Anyone of these steps will not resolve the deadlock. Also, I see some anarchist tendencies from the supporters of Ins Biixi. Can you imagine a former vice minister who keeps "BKM' machine guns in his home to protect himself from his own government. You can have a single security guard, a pistol or a gun, to protect yourself from criminals or bandits, but to have three armed men and machine gun in your home, shows extremist tendencies. That is why probably the security forces raided his home in the middle of the night.

Siilaanyo made a big mistake by transferring the leadership illegally without contest. If Ina Biixi has support inside the party, let him contest and win . even if Siilaanyo leaves , someone else inside Kulmiye could easily defeat Ina Biixi.

Tallaabo   

<cite>

None of these reasons are there, unless Biixi want to create that war in the coming months. In other words , it is illegal to postpone.

Don't you know that ina Biixi has already started dropping the first pepsi can bombs? :-D