Sign in to follow this  
Dr_Osman

Dr Osman Investigation - The Jadiid Constitutional Review Commitee

Dr_Osman   

I am going to address this serious issue that has just come from mogadishu. The father of Jadiid Farah Abdulqadir the so called minister of federal and constitutional affair has just come out with a commitee to review the constitution. This commitee is a jadiid based commitee. For example Osman Kalun a well known old somalia thinker who even said in the national conference at mogadishu recently that he doesn't want to hear this 'land land' stuff and believes in 1 somalia.

You can hear Osman kaluun here around the 5 minute mark saying hell with this land land stuff and I am not going to take scissors and cut up somalia. His a constitutional commitee member

Here is Professor Mahadalle a daynile freak at the united somali diaspora giving his waffle on foreign policy but what's interesting is, guess who is seated on the panel? Abdirazak Haji Hussein an anti federalist and believer of old somalia. U can see Abdirazaq on the panel around the 4:08 mark

0caasho1.jpg

Then we got the wonderful asha geele who I used to admire but found out her true face after she lost her ministry in Puntland, she was in mogadishu attending jadiid conference even with Puntland and SFG ties completely cut. This is already 3/5 of this fake jadid commitee with 4.5 face in order to make it look like a genuine national discussion. I am still on the prowl to find the other 2 but I am sure they are the same about jadid policy.

The constitution and federal affair is a special area for me, it is a crucial area that I do not take lightly and one of the main reasons why I supported farole to win this election. Why you may ask? well it is quite simple, I see the big picture beyond somali squabbles of who's president. The constitution is crucial because it never leaves but presidents do. It is the blueprint on how this nation works and everyone must abide by it. Thats why hassan sheikh named his so-called smartest minister 4 this portfolio while GAAS named some unknown NGO worker by the name of Sahra to the portfolio. That already raised eyebrows for me early on but I overlooked it. I can't overlook it now with this jadid based commitee and something needs to be done urgently.

The process to make an amendment to the constitution is beyond one person, one minister, one president, this is something that requires all somalis to participate since it affects all of us. This so called committee that was named is unconstitutional according to article 133/134 which makes it clear the constitutional review commitee must be named by the upper/lower house of parliament with regional state input. You can read those articles here.

http://www.somaliweyn.com/pages/news/Aug_12/Somalia_Constitution_English_FOR_WEB.pdf

Basically this constitutional review commitee itself is illegal and not following due processes. The commitee can't be named untill such time security is achieved and the whole nation is shabab free, the regional administrations are all completed, then a boundary commission set up to determine who a federal member state is and the border jursidictions of their administration, then an upper house can be formed with federal member states basically 3 seats allocated for each of the 18 states. Once that is done and we have both houses of parliament, it is up to them to name the constitutional review commitee and once that is named another commission needs to be set up to monitor the commitee work. That is the due process and it simply hasn't be followed.

How can a constitution be reviewed when the basic structures of federal institutions are not even there? we dont even have an upper house parliament, we havent completed regional entities, we haven't got the boundary commission set up, there is no supreme court. We basically a federal nation on paper not in actions. The logical process to follow for federal state building would be something similar to this flowchart;

1. Security, shabab removed from every territory

2. Regional administrations created and time allowed to grow capacity

3. Boundary commission set to approve member states into upper-house

4. Upper House completed and member states in

5. Lower/Upper House select members for a constitutional review commitee

6. Lower/Upper House select members for constitutional review commission

7. Constitutional review commission puts forwards the constitution for parliament ratification.

8. Lower/Upper Parliament Ratify the constitution

9. A referendum is taken across the nation

10. Constitution is finalized and Complete

That process chart would make sense, not this nonsense Jadid has come up with. I am really getting sick of their games of stalling federalism and trying to put up every hurdle possible and be as ineffective as possible as to cause 'questions' if federalism is right 4 Somalia. They simply want the world to give up on federalism, thats what I can see from their tactics or else why would hassan sheikh say 'I am going to provide assistance to Ukraine crisis'? or why would hassan say ill have 1 man and 1 vote done in 2 years? surely someone who is serious about federalism or somalia wouldnt utter such a stupidity.

How the hell is 1 man and 1 vote going to be done when we lack the basic federal institutions to allow to happen? you know how long these basic federal foundations will take? it will take years in itself. Think about how sensitive the constitution is going to be? we are talking about federal/regional govt sitting down and agreeing on powersharing, revenue sharing, agreeing on a final constitution. U think that will take 1 day? what about creating the regional admins? they need to have conferences to set up a govt, after that set up governance capacity, etc. U think that will just take a day? then you got the squabbles that the boundary commission will need to deal with, field studies it will need to, again will this take a day? then what about the supreme court and its selection? u think somalis will agree on this in 1 day? The great one what about the commitee review panel just its selection will take a while and get acceptance let alone its review what about the parliament ratifying it and then u got the nationwide referendum to do. Thats just setting up the basic federal institutions, forget about the institutions a 1 man 1 vote will need.

A feasible timetable for 1 man 1 vote would be maybe 2020-2014 term and why I say this is because the tasks before it are MASSIVE not this 1 day or 1 month fiasco the jadiids are running around with, these are going to be somali people destinies and futures that are being discussed it will take a long while in order to garner acceptance.

The timetable that seems reasonable to the doctor for somalia to reach one man and one vote would be the following;

2012-2016 Era - Expecting jadid to ensure the nation security completely and regional administrations formed at a basic level and basic federal institutions formed such as boundary commission, upper house parliament, supreme court. Head into elections using the selection technique.

2016-2020 Era - Expecting new leader to focus on enhancing institutional building on top of the previous govt with a main focus on finalising the constitution in the following way; negiotating federal/regional powersharing, revenue sharing,etc. Allowing for Parliament to set up a constitutional committee to review the constitution while an indepedent commission is set up to review the commitee itself. The commission then put forwards the findings of the commitee to the parliament both upper/lower house for ratification and declare a nationwide referendum.

2020-2024 Era - I would then like to hear 1 man and 1 vote in this era still may even need to the referendum on the constitution in this area but if we had a good leader it could get done in the previous era and this era could be dedicated with a sole focus for democratisation to allow for 2024 election to occur. This would obviously be a huge task by itself, by I would assume the census would've of been done in the previous era for the referendum on the constitution. Like I said the previous era is very OPTIMISTIC but possible. If the census was done then the other areas would definitely allow for multi parties to be created, voter registerations, electoral commission, public engagement, etc.

That above timetable is what the DR could buy but that is still a very optimistic timetable in of itself and even I am weary of the dates I SET and the tasks that need to be achieved but it's something you could sell to the doctor rather then this 'I have no federal institutions, I dont even control the country, my constitution is not finalized, no known census of the nation but I will do 1 man 1 vote by 2016'. That a Hutu mindset thats not the doctor mindset or anything with half a brain.

I call on the Puntland govt we must exercise our rights and ensure heads roll in Puntland for not questioning what is happen in mogadishu and with this new card by jadid nuts. I am suprised gaas isn't saying anything, it's quite obvious he got a call from jadid and told to keep his mouth shut. I urge the traditiona lelders and parliament to speak about this serious issue. We must exercise our full rights and warn gaas that he can be sacked with 2/3 majority in Puntland Parliament. Noone safe from the constitution even him.

As for Jadid, I urge you to stop playing your silly games of trying to stall federalism so the world gives up on it and comes back to centralism, everyone can clearly see all your little tactics of distraction such as SW6 'their will be a land wars' and now 'fake commitees' to approve your ILLEGAL changes. Noone can change the constitution there is no federal structures in place to allow for a change to occur, it is bigger then what 1 minister, president, or mp can do. The needed federal institutions must be in-place completely and due processes followed for any constitution change can be suggested, till then YOU are mandated to work with the provisional constitution as it is. This govt has been given the blueprint on the way forward, it's not like they have to do any thinking, now just IMPLEMENT IT is all the somali people need from you not this sidetracking of fighting kismayo,km50,merca,looting the bank, and naming fake committees approving your illegal changes.

God help Somalia it is very sad to see how our people are always hostage to incompetent HAG leaders who wouldn't know how to even govern their backsides. Anyone on SOL got their view regarding the nonsense that is coming out of villa somalia lately.

Dr_Osman   

I think somalis should think twice before electing arab funded somali parties, we know full well arabs want a centralised somalia and it will do no favors but keep federalism stalled or problems created in order to justify a change of direction. For example I am horrified to see a heavy islamist based cabinet in PL, we got minister of federal affairs, education, health, justice full blown islamist of al-ictisaam which is a wing of the muslim brotherhood similar to jadiid which is another wing of the muslim brotherhood. The Muslim brotherhood was created in EGYPT which is a centralized state and wants the same for Somalia. That's why we should always be wearing of these muslim brotherhood based parties.

For example have u guys noticed the heavy involvement of turkey in mogadishu and nowhere else? is it a simple coincidence that erdogan party is muslim brotherhood based? he did the same thing in egypt, he went there to back the muslim brotherhood, u think his not doing the same thing in somalia, of course he is but his using soft diplomacy ie; development to jadiid mogadishu in order whisk anti centralists that federalism is based since u have no development but mogadishu does. I think this couldve of been a big factor why gaas cabinet is heavy on islamist to whisk turkey over to Puntland but this will risk out federalism and I dont think Puntland people are prepared too.

I am sick of all these arab based somalis and we need to becareful in the next election of electing anyone with an islamist background or from an arab country or we are simply wasting our times on federalism since the arabs will never want to see federalism in somalia because they consider somalia more useful as a unitary state that can be a proxy for them against other african countries.

I say HELL with Jadid, HELL with them all

galbeedi   

Dittore, I do not think Damjadiid has the power to change or even alter the constitution. THey can't reverse the federal framework. Rather than bring anti federalist people known for the opposition to system, they should invite federalists who are willing to fix or streamline the weaknesses of the system.

Since Puntland is the only functioning federal state in the system, they should be sitting at that table. Also, the Puntlanders on the panel should be nominated by Gaas or puntland parliament. This kind of group like Cismaan Kaluun and company will not produce any meaningful reform. They will delay the process and in the meantime few anti federalists in the diaspora will feel okay for a short time period.

Damjaddiid should concentrate on national security and strengthening the regions liberated from al-shabaab.

Dalmar1   

<cite>
said:</cite>

I think somalis should think twice before electing arab funded somali parties, we know full well arabs want a centralised somalia and it will do no favors but keep federalism stalled or problems created in order to justify a change of direction. For example I am horrified to see a heavy islamist based cabinet in PL, we got minister of federal affairs, education, health, justice full blown islamist of al-ictisaam which is a wing of the muslim brotherhood similar to jadiid which is another wing of the muslim brotherhood. The Muslim brotherhood was created in EGYPT which is a centralized state and wants the same for Somalia. That's why we should always be wearing of these muslim brotherhood based parties.

For example have u guys noticed the heavy involvement of turkey in mogadishu and nowhere else? is it a simple coincidence that erdogan party is muslim brotherhood based? he did the same thing in egypt, he went there to back the muslim brotherhood, u think his not doing the same thing in somalia, of course he is but his using soft diplomacy ie; development to jadiid mogadishu in order whisk anti centralists that federalism is based since u have no development but mogadishu does. I think this couldve of been a big factor why gaas cabinet is heavy on islamist to whisk turkey over to Puntland but this will risk out federalism and I dont think Puntland people are prepared too.

I am sick of all these arab based somalis and we need to becareful in the next election of electing anyone with an islamist background or from an arab country or we are simply wasting our times on federalism since the arabs will never want to see federalism in somalia because they consider somalia more useful as a unitary state that can be a proxy for them against other african countries.

I say HELL with Jadid, HELL with them all

f-ing qabilist!

insha'allahi people like you will be dealt with soon and become a thing of historians and student of history to debate about their presumed existence.

Dr_Osman   

Galbeedi with 2 years left for this jadid run govt, if they can just finish the security and set up the environment for regional govts to be formed, that will be big achievement itself and we shouldn't be expecting anymore, we will be lucky to even get that from these hutus. His busy talking about how somalia can assist in the ukraine crisis and 1 man 1 vote by 2016 kkkk. Surely a poltician wouldnt say the things coming out of his mouth and it seems like a mere tactic to stall federalism as much as possible so the world gives up on it. He knows he cant change federalism but he can make somalis and the world give up on it by doing all these hurdles.

I would be suprised if the federal institutions, regional powersharing/revenue sharing, and constitution will be finalised even for the next term 2016-2020 which are huge tasks itself but its possible if the leader stops the infighting of his govt, fighting regions, and other distractions but thats a pipedream as we know since somalis always love to fight and keep our nation more delayed. We had hopes of hassan term that security would be in place in every region, regional govts formed, and basic federal institutions completed such as supreme court, upper house parliament, etc. We will be lucky now just to get security before 2016 election and the federal institutions will need to wait for the next term again delaying the somali ppl further since then we would need to hope that constitution is settled in the next term, powersharing/revenue sharing is done, federal institutions all up while regional govts are growing their capacity with a referendum on top of that for the constitution very optimistic but it was hassan term that shouldve of covered the security and federal institution phase which seem unlikely now and will need to be the responsibility of the next guy in office which will slow down the other areas his era shouldve of focussed on.

galbeedi   

One man one vote will not happen 2016, we all know that. That same elders who are in Mogadishu will select the parliament again. that is for sure. I think we have to be reasonable. Stabilizing the country is very important.

On the issue of Turkey, which you probably wrote after my first comment is totally wrong and dangerous. Turkey is helping the Somali people every where. They don't have a favorite tribe or region. they are in Hargeisa, Garoowe and Mogadishu. I remember some Puntlanders opposed Egypt in 1998 after they tried to sponsor a Somali conference. THe partisan politics should not undermine the good things Turkey doing. We have to be grateful.

Somalia can never be a federal state the donor countries went along with the federal charter in order to make it more inclusive but Somalia as a state can never have a clan based federal system the population is to small and the clans live in all regions together there is not one region where one clan exclusively lives with the exception of bari and nugaal. Islaax wants a strong decentralized state from Xamar the same with many Arab league member states their influences will be taken into consideration but the end of the day its the Somali constituencies and political alliances that will make the difference. But aslong as Mogadishu is the capital the parliament is in Mogadishu and the President is from Mogadishu this federalism will never fly.