Sign in to follow this  
galbeedi

Somalis are entering the middle class, but that ugly habit is still their

galbeedi   

Tutu, good question. Actually I am a typical Somali in terms of issues facing my country, it's history, culture and the future. I believe we are free, independent, interpleural people who have a potential to build a good future for their nation, if given another opportunity is given.

I know this thread is all over the place, As Ninyaban said, sometimes, these Somali issues consume my mind daily, and I should let it go. Rather than put all my thoughts in one thread, maybe I should address each differently. Having said that , I believe I have a lot to offer to these young lads tearing one another.

" gadheerayaasha, beryahanba waan saaranahay oo Al-shabaab iyo belaayadan ay noo keeneen baan ku haystaa. I have great respect for those Propagate our faith and nurture our tradition.

galbeedi   

Did I mention that I also do care a lot about my other country Canada?. We came from a war torn country and they did open their doors to us. Gave us an opportunity to make a living and raise a family.

The Canadian middle class pays most of the taxes and is the backbone of the country.

<cite>
said:</cite>

Did I mention that I also do care a lot about my other country Canada?. We came from a war torn country and they did open their doors to us. Gave us an opportunity to make a living and raise a family.

The Canadian middle class pays most of the taxes and is the backbone of the country.

This i agree with you 100% sxb...you have to be grateful for those that have given you an opportunity to live in their country. It pisses me off when i see Somalis here in the U.S who are ungrateful for living here, and just try to find anything to whine and complain about the natives. These are all 2nd generation, or have came here very young. They are rude and very vocal. Maybe Apophis need to go live in Somalia for couple of months and get back to us if he still hates Meeshuu ku nool yahay.

Galbeedi, i am the say way sxb, when i am out in public, i do everything i can to conform to what every else is doing...and not being noticed or standing out. And not because i dont want 'em to think Somalis are all like that (most of 'em couldn't find Somalia on the map), its because in person, i am very timid, quit and kinda lil shy and hate making a scene.

Couple of yrs ago, i was at this shopping mall in Minnesota looking for a parking spot, when this Camry almost side swipes me and parks at the Handicapped spot. And guess who the occupants of the car were....Yep, Somalis. But here is where it gets funny. Since it was some kinda holiday, and parking was kinda hard to get, this Cadaan lady walks up to them and tells 'em to move their car. They had no placards, or plates that had that lil blue wheel chair thingy on it that says u are disabled. The fuckkers get out of the car (3 males and 1 female, all Somalis) and started arguing with the lady about why it was none of her business where they parked. This shitt goes on for almost 10 minutes and i am just sitting there shaking my head walahi. I felt like stepping out and telling 'em to park somewhere.....Waxaan rabay in aan iraahdo, Hooyadiin wase, sida wax loo akhriyo mataqaniin miyaa? Meeshaan waxaa loogu talagalay baabuurta curyaamiinta. Laakinse waxaan ka baqay in eey ugu boodan, oo eey rif rifaan. They looked kinda weird too, probaby high off khat or some other drugs. So i just left.

Tallaabo   

<cite>
said:</cite>

Couple of yrs ago, i was at this shopping mall in Minnesota looking for a parking spot, when this Camry almost side swipes me and parks at the Handicapped spot. And guess who the occupants of the car were....Yep, Somalis. But here is where it gets funny. Since it was some kinda holiday, and parking was kinda hard to get, this Cadaan lady walks up to them and tells 'em to move their car. They had no placards, or plates that had that lil blue wheel chair thingy on it that says u are disabled. The fuckkers get out of the car (3 males and 1 female, all Somalis) and started arguing with the lady about why it was none of her business where they parked. This shitt goes on for almost 10 minutes and i am just sitting there shaking my head walahi. I felt like stepping out and telling 'em to park somewhere.....Waxaan rabay in aan iraahdo, Hooyadiin wase, sida wax loo akhriyo mataqaniin miyaa? Meeshaan waxaa loogu talagalay baabuurta curyaamiinta. Laakinse waxaan ka baqay in eey ugu boodan, oo eey rif rifaan. They looked kinda weird too, probaby high off khat or some other drugs. So i just left.

You should have intervened and told them to get the f*ck off.

Mooge   

like i said before, if there was ever somali intellectual who is waayo arag and have seen the world is this galbeedi guy. he is even raising kids that want to become engineers.

weldone galbeedi niyoow. you are true hero niyoow.