Sign in to follow this  
Xaaji Xunjuf

SL Airways in the making+VIDEO

Galbeedi, that's one thing I never understood! Daalo Airlines is a mediocre airline running out of Djibouti, which uses 1960's Soviet-Era low quality airplanes and it hires suspicious and shady Russian pilots to fly their aircraft. I think almost every member on this forum has used that airline at one time or another.

It's like something out of a comic book.

Djibouti is in a very strategic location. It's a peaceful country with French and American military bases located within the country. Are you telling me they couldn't buy a couple of Boeing 757's from the USA, paint those airplanes with the Djibouti flag, and then start flights from Djibouti to Europe, or Djibouti to Asia? You know how many Somalis would have started to use Djibouti Airlines to travel to Somalia and Somaliland? And how many people would have used Djibouti Airlines to travel for Hajj to Mecca? They could have made billions!

And why the need to hire retired Russian pilots? They couldn't even hire a few Somali pilots to start flying their aircraft!! I know several Somali pilots who fly for Emirates Airlines and a few European-based airlines. Yet they couldn't even have the competence and intelligence to find a Somali pilot and start using high-quality Boeing airplanes. It's embarrassing.

Djibouti could have been a major flight hub, and the economy could have billions as a result.

The amount of good opportunities the Djiboutians come across, and they completely WASTE it due to their own incompetence

<cite>
said:</cite>

Daalo airlines and its owned by a Somalilander , star african air another airliner is also owned by a Somalilander.. Djibouti as a small country is comming short really to have its own aircraft

Xaaji, well then whoever owned that Airline, and whoever sits on the Board of Directors or is in any decision-making capacity.....should really sit down and think about WHY he couldn't even expand his airline across Africa.

There really is no excuse here Xaaji.

This was just a wasted opportunity

<cite>

Sometimes you realize life under the colonials was much better the corrupt feudal dictators masquerading as presidents.

There is something seriously wrong with most of Black Africa.

You even have countries like Rhodesia, which was prosperous and clean, which was then overtaken by Black Militia fighters, who then rename the country "Zimbabwe" and then proceed to run Zimbabwe into the ground. They destroyed the economy, there are refugees running into other countries, and the country is an all-around disaster.

Yet they inherited a peaceful prosperous Rhodesia.

And they couldn't even maintain that. They ran it into the ground. That's what's happening to South Africa RIGHT NOW. South Africa was formerly a VERY prosperous country, but for the last 20 years it's progressively getting worse. The crime rate's through the roof and it's not a very good place to invest anymore.

Like you can't make this stuff up. It's shocking when you think about it

Barwaaqo   

Nimanka somalidu markay dadka kale xamanayaan u xoog waynaa waxa la yidhi'maroodigu takarta saaran ma arko ee ta maroodiga kale saaran buu arkaa' Car waa idinkaase intaad dood gashaan intiinan sol isugu timaada idinka oo aan isu faanayn wax soo soora oo waliba waaqica jira ku saleeya. Ma adiga oo Somali ah ayaad dad kale wax ka sheegi kartaa? Ubucdaadii ayaa ilaa South Africa wadhane. F.G, Jinsiyadaydu waa somali.

Djibouti is an American and French playground hahahah they serve alcohol at the airport drunk by French and American and the locals. They take pride in speaking French and don't even consider themselves somali most of them but djibotians hahaha...

The city state... Walahi as a recognised country somaliland would have been a regional super power by now forget Djibouti that place is done.

Was at Djibouti airport this spray painted white with black cracks lady asked me if I wanted a beer. A fat French solider sat next to me with tight shorts and stated drinking in front of me. If I was not going to get done for murder I would have.

Hahaha...

Fu£;@;en French bas£;&

Hawdian   

Yes we know african countries are dictatorship and mostly shite 99 procentage of the population live in dire situation except the fat leader and his close relatives who eat and dress the best in this world. Djibouti, Ethiopia, Nigeria, South africa ect are all the same in this case.

galbeedi   

Barwaaqo, hadalka way dhametsay. We have been challenged to create not destroy, not to boast but to be humble, and base our thinking on the facts on the ground.

I believe that you do not need twenty or thirty years to build a working institution. Look at South Korea, they were poor rice farmers decimated by the war in 1951. there are no oil, mineral or any raw material. Yet for less than their years, they created one of the richest economies of the world. They do not have any debt or deficit. They have more than $250 Billion dollar in trust fund. All has been achieved through hard work.

Look at Rwanda, In 1994, there were mass genocide and mayhem. In 1998, they were sending peacekeeping troops to Darfur.. A friend of mine who spend a year in the Capital Kigali, told me that the city is one of the cleanest in Africa. He said that you will get a ticket by crossing streets if you do not have the right of the way. I mean by walking. Nations have risen from huge calamities. Western nations sacrificed a lot to defeat the nazis losing millions. Check at the Chinese long march and the millions suffered.

A three thousand mile railway have been built in Canada in one of the harshest winters in 1860-1880.

how can you rise from the ashes of poverty and tribalism if no one is willing to work six consecutive hours. Countries, companies and families are built by blood, tears and sweat. Don't people have conscience . How can you steal millions while your community is without water. Sometimes, I think, the sycophants, criminals and people without conscience are becoming the leaders. Don't go far, just check the guys who is running the diaspora community organizations, the community Radio guys, or those who go back home to join the fray. I do not even want to talk about those who are running Mosques in the Diaspora.

All we need is a good leader for just ten years. One that enforces the laws, collects taxes from everyone and willing to change the culture. If you introduce something new , they will not accept. All they know is certain amount of comfort they get used to. " ha u joojin". They don't want taxes, but they want roads built, they want free schools, but they don't want the taxes, and so on. You need a tough man with a vision.

Folks I am sick and tired of the status quo. we need change. May be I should stop complaining and throw my hat in the arena.

Tallaabo   

<cite>

Barwaaqo, hadalka way dhametsay. We have been challenged to create not destroy, not to boast but to be humble, and base our thinking on the facts on the ground.

I believe that you do not need twenty or thirty years to build a working institution. Look at South Korea, they were poor rice farmers decimated by the war in 1951. there are no oil, mineral or any raw material. Yet for less than their years, they created one of the richest economies of the world. They do not have any debt or deficit. They have more than $250 Billion dollar in trust fund. All has been achieved through hard work.

Look at Rwanda, In 1994, there were mass genocide and mayhem. In 1998, they were sending peacekeeping troops to Darfur.. A friend of mine who spend a year in the Capital Kigali, told me that the city is one of the cleanest in Africa. He said that you will get a ticket by crossing streets if you do not have the right of the way. I mean by walking. Nations have risen from huge calamities. Western nations sacrificed a lot to defeat the nazis losing millions. Check at the Chinese long march and the millions suffered.

A three thousand mile railway have been built in Canada in one of the harshest winters in 1860-1880.

how can you rise from the ashes of poverty and tribalism if no one is willing to work six consecutive hours. Countries, companies and families are built by blood, tears and sweat. Don't people have conscience . How can you steal millions while your community is without water. Sometimes, I think, the sycophants, criminals and people without conscience are becoming the leaders. Don't go far, just check the guys who is running the diaspora community organizations, the community Radio guys, or those who go back home to join the fray. I do not even want to talk about those who are running Mosques in the Diaspora.

All we need is a good leader for just ten years. One that enforces the laws, collects taxes from everyone and willing to change the culture. If you introduce something new , they will not accept. All they know is certain amount of comfort they get used to. " ha u joojin". They don't want taxes, but they want roads built, they want free schools, but they don't want the taxes, and so on. You need a tough man with a vision.

Folks I am sick and tired of the status quo. we need change. May be I should stop complaining and throw my hat in the arena.

A society will not see any change if there is no change in the character of its members. In the Somali context, behind every warlord or a thieving politician there is a corrupt garaad/sultaan/caaqil, and behind every koofiyad bacle there is an ignorant trabalistic man.

Barwaaqo   

Hadii dagaal ooge dhiigyacab ahi wato tuug siyaasi ah; tuugaa siyaasiga ahina wato koofiyad bac leh gargaar ka helaya qabiilayste jaahil ah, meeye wax garadkii iyo aqoonyahankii? Maad heshiisaan oo wax meel isla dhigtaan. Somalaay is daba qabta oo u tudha jiilkeena dambe. Hadaydaan heshiin waxa dhici doonta mar jiilka soo socdaa duco uu inoo duceeyo daaye ay odhan doonaan awoowayaashayo mustaqbal noogama tegin- Alle kama dhigo'e.

Barwaaqo   

Galbeedi

Nin la sugayoow yaad sugi malaha halkay ka dhutinaysaaba waa aqoonyahanka dabadda xaska geliyey! Waliba xeedho salkay ka soo unkantaaye ka biloow guryosamo iyo beledkii nabadda.

gooni   

wixii horumara allaha barakeeyo

War heedhe sida isu dhaama hadaad koonfur tihiin,sidaanu si maahan bal eega sidaanu u tashanay hadaan reer land nahay ilaahay baa caqli ka fiican na siiyay waxa kaliya oo naga maqan waa ictiraaf asagana baarlamaanka British yaa maalin dhaweeyto soo hadal qaaday bitibiti’du ma yara.

Soomaali geed hoosti jiifa hadaad marada madaxiisa kasoo ragto soomali un baa kasoo bixi waana isu egyihiin reer hebel buu kula geli waraysi ka dib, kuwooda cilmiga lehna geel jire un baa dhalay.

waxay midnimo ku waayeen cidana keli kusiin mayso qabiilna qaran ma noqon karo taa hoosta ka xariiqa hadii alle idmo

Koonfurta waxaa ku yaala santuukhii shinida oo aan dayac tirnayn, hadaydaan awood u lahayn inaad boqoradii keentaan heesaha koonfur afrika la aada ama adinkoo aamusan soo duceeya

Tallaabo   

<cite>

waxay midnimo ku waayeen cidana keli kusiin mayso qabiilna qaran ma noqon karo taa hoosta ka xariiqa hadii alle idmo

Midnimo waxaanu ku waynay oo lagu xasuuqay in ka badan konton kun oo ruux, mustaqbalkii boqolaal kun oo ubadkayaga ah, hanti aan la qiyaasi karin, iyo madax banaanidii qarankayaga.

Alle ayaa mahad leh oo maanta waxa ay Somaliland haysato midnimo kumay helin ee kaligeed ayay dhisatay, Allaha wayna hanoo barakeeyo.

Waa runtaa oo qabiil qaran ma noqdo, taa waa inaynu ka dhaadhicinaa walaalaheena boqortooyada Puntland.

gooni   

Doodda xasuuqu ma dhamaanayso talaabsadow ilaa maalinkii aadan janada lagasoo saaray

Hadii aad weligaa si gaara jeebka ugu haysato gun baad noqonaysaa sawaaxili iyo amxaari ku heesa,taasna hoosta ka xariiq hadii alle idmo

Puntland iyo Somaliland waa isku mid indhaha caalamka waa wiil iyo walaashiis.

^^^^^

Some people like the above want to take history and brush it under the carpet. A state sponsored Genoside happened in somaliland leading to the deaths of hundreds of thousands of people. State sponsored Arial bombardment leaving cities wiped out. Clans set lose on other clans. State sponsored discrimination and favoratism and you want to brush that under the carpet. We somalilanders don't care if we are recognised te reality is we have achieved more in 23 years of bein apart then 40 years of unity. So logic dictates I don't need anyone buy myself.

If anyone wants to stop me let him come to me and we will show him the same exit we showed those before them. The people who yesterday picked up arms against us now cry unity. You can take your unity and shove it were the sun don't shine.

gooni   

I thought they was calling atrocity not a genocide

Stay cool young man, unity will come when you got another hair