Sign in to follow this  
Dr_Osman

The Crowning Of The 34th King Of Somalia

Dr_Osman   

<cite>
said:</cite>

Dittore, waan soo dhawaynaynaa Boqorka Sahal. Puntland ha noolaato, for the record I never hated Puntland.

I am still waiting for the list of the 34 kings. good luck. you know what you have done enough for the sultanate, take a break.

34 Names includes alot of people who went on the boqortoyo multiple times and resigned for politics, health, or other matters. King Kong alone had it 3 times or so but everytime a new king is announced it is a new reign regardless if it's the same person or not. If your trying to ask how many different individuals held the boqortoyo then obviously it's less and I am not even sure

Inauguration of Somali tribal King attracts biggest audience

http://hiiraan.com/news4/2014/May/54860/inauguration_of_somali_tribal_king_attracts_biggest_audience.aspx#sthash.PjyIQkO4.dpbs

Yes, galbeedi , it seems they set new standard by Somali standards of course.

P.s. when did reer Musa Boqor became kings of a whole tribe hehe, I vote in W sultanate as the kings of the family:-)

galbeedi   

It was by default. there are no Sahal ugaases or Sultans that are consulted. In Somaliland it is a tradition that when a clan is " boqrayaan ama Callemo saarayaan Suldaan" everybody gives homage and attends. IT is the same tradition of giving respect for that clan. By the way this Qardho king doesn't rule among the "D" clan, there was dispute with his brother who also claimed king. THe last one, King kong was even a politician and mixed everything. As I remember the Islaan of Puntland had more prestige than the Qardho king during the elections and quarrels. THe Gedo community has it is own Ugaas, so does others.

Anyway I respect the tradition.

Samafal   

The international media has picked up this news. It good publicity for Somalis to organise an event like this:

http://almahrahtoday.net/news.php?action=show&id=6571

استقبلت الجالية المهرية في الصومال السلطان عبدالله بن عيسى بن عفرير باكثر من سبعين سياره وكان على راسهم مشايخ قبائل المهرة ( بن نيمر + الجدحي + بن عتوني + السليمي + وبن عفرير ) وجمع غفير من شيوخ واعيان الجالية المهرية في الصومال .

وقد اتى سلطان عبدالله بن عيسى بن عفرير لمشاركة تنصيب ملك قبائل الدارود ، حيث وجه الملك ورئيس اقليم بت لاند جامع كاس دعوة شرفية لسلطان لتقوية العلاقة بين الارضين .

والجديد بالذكر ان الجالية المهرية بالصومال تحتل حيزا من الاهمية كونها مصاهير وابناء عمومه لفخد المجيرتين وهو فخد الحاكم لقبائل الدارود ، وقد ابداء السلطان عبدالله بن عيسى بن عفرير اعجابه باستقبال المهيب من قبل ابناء المهرة هناك .

ومن المنتظر ان يلتقي بن عفرير شيوخ ومشايخ واعيان الجالية على انفراد بعد انتهاء حفل تنصيب ، ليتطلع على اوضاع الجالية في الصومال ، ولكي يؤكد لهم انهم في حيز التفكير وان سلطانهم ليس ناسيهم ، ويعتبر هذه الزيارة الاولى من نوعها لسلطان للقرن الافريقي لتطبيع علاقات المهرة خارجيا والتقى السلطان مع جاليات المهرة في افريقيا .