Sign in to follow this  
Dr_Osman

Somalia PM Hard Talk Interview

<cite>
said:</cite>

Tilmamook it is crucial somalis address the SAHAL genocide. We need to revisit January 26 1991 and assess what happened, their is no point hiding from it, denying it, ignoring it thinking it will go away. It's not going away, books have been written, documentary interviews done.

What we do know for a fact is SSDF didn't kill anyone, loot, rape, etc. Not 1 person has raised a complaint, but thousands raise complaints about USC/SNM which shows their has to be truth behind such a large amount of ppl saying the same thing.

If this issue isn't addressed it can lead to a SAHAL seccession on the grounds 'we were genocided by IRIR community indiscriminately at a social level, those same ppl are leading us today and we fear another genocide' it can serious repercussions not addressing 1991. Somaliland seccession falls on it's face because USC is leading who didn't harm SNM or vice versa they had an agreement of cooperation to genocide one clan. Plus the fact siyad govt is gone resolves it all for SNM since it was at a govt level, govt come and go but the community doesnt thats why 91 is to hard for SNM AND USC to speak on since other factions didnt do genocides like them.

1991 is the true genocide it was purely based on clan, we have proof that USC/SNM didnt kill each other and cooperated to exterminate one clan, they weren't governments either but the community and their whole tribesman slaughtering us for hate. Siyad has evidence that he killed anyone that was a rebel not a specific clan the filthy jabhads of USC AND SNM.

Puntland people are the only ones with a right to claim a genocide. From sayidka who genocided eyl folks he never commited such a genocide against others, then siyad barre in mudug under the leadership of ina askar, dhegawayne, ina kahin, tansaniya exterminating our main population NOMADS. Then USC/SNM a clan genocide in mogadishu, galkayo, kismayo and also in the north on civilian govt workers and SSC. Followed by al-ithaad massacres in bosaso and not to mention italian/britissh bombings of the bari region and its sultanate in baargaal,calula, iskushuban and taleh. Noone has suffered as much as and yet the most nationalist, I am fed up personally. We do most for somalia and when ask for our share of foreign aid were told no. When SFG is handing the airspace to somalidiid its saying to JL you cant have your port. When its saying to SL welcome to turkey taks, its saying to JL welcome to my bullet. We created everything the SFG stands the federalism, the constitiution, and ended the transition to be sidelined and fought once again while the HAGS support the somalidiid who have done nothing except destruction and division

Haters will always hate Doctor. Their hate has not secured them secession neither has it secured them their wish to rule Somalia from a central government in Xamar.

On the other hand: Federalism and it's supporters everywhere have once again taken a giant step in the southwest State of Somalia as the trumped up differences between the 2 groups in Baidoa have be resolved.

Now, our next push is for the central regions to form a federal member state. This will be a bit of a challenge since hardcore anarchists don't understand compromise, and to form a state for the HAG community, a lot compromises and patience will be required.

But as usual, the patriots of Somalia will not flinch from this daunting task. Federalism is the law of the land, love it or loath it!

Dr Osman, that's very true.

I'm not buying the story that 50 000 people died in Hargeisa when Siad Barre bombed them in 1988. It's such a far-fetched number, totally inflated and not taken seriously by anyone except CidanSultan and his crew.

I don't think they appreciate how large of a number 50 000 actually is.

Hawdian   

^ Well Maybe If 100000 of your communty was but to sleep you would be accepting the real numbers !!!!! Hahaha debating with the children of booliqaran is nonsense ibnu Haraami .

<cite>

Dr Osman, that's very true.

I'm not buying the story that 50 000 people died in Hargeisa when Siad Barre bombed them in 1988. It's such a far-fetched number, totally inflated and not taken seriously by anyone except CidanSultan and his crew.

I don't think they appreciate how large of a number 50 000 actually is.

It's called mirqaan my dear friend. And as you know one of the major side effects of marqaan include hallucination and delusions.

LOOL Tillamook :D

Dude, 50 000 is a lot of people. Do you really expect anyone to believe that a lightly-populated region like Somaliland lost 50 000 citizens in 1988? Are you kidding me?

^^ If 300.000 people fled Hargeysa was basically empty in 1988 , the 50.000 was the numbers of Human right watch but it could even be more ,remember the city was being shelled by Somalia's artillery and Mig jet fighters , hargeysa was very populated

<cite>

^^ If 300.000 people fled Hargeysa was basically empty in 1988 , the 50.000 was the numbers of Human right watch but it could even be more ,remember the city was being shelled by Somalia's artillery and Mig jet fighters , hargeysa was very populated

Not to be insulting, but I find that 50 000 number very hard to believe. It's extremely high, and Waqooyi's population at the time wasn't high enough to make the 50 000 number sound even believable.

But there's no denying that General Morgan and Siad Barre committed unspeakable crimes in the North.

Dr_Osman   

Kennedy I Don't deny that hargeisa was attacked but it wasn't genocided. If 100k died in syria over 3 year day/night bombing with sophiscated weaponry and including chemical warfare, its impossible 50k died in hargeisa in 88. Think about the population difference. If 100k is from 22 million, if we halved that to 50k the population would need to be around 11 million. Are u saying the north had 11 million ppl in the 80s? 75 census says we had at best 4 million across all somalia. Waqoyi population wasnt even anywhere close to that. For 50k figure to be believed, that would mean 11 million ppl must of lived in the north in 1988. Get out of here, that's unbelieve. I would be suprised if 1000 died.

Plus the air assault should leave clear marks on the city like it did with HOMS syria, we don't see those marks in Hargeisa when looking at 1990 pictures. We see a few bullet ridden homes which again proves it was low intesity war not high intensity because the damage looks far worse in mogadishu then hargeisa. 88 no planes attacked hargeisa, they're simply aint any marks left on the city to show such a huge bombing, plus their wild figures contradicts basic logic of population.

Doctor hareysa was very populated at that time the city was totally destroyed no roof was standing. I dont like victim mentallity but sl was very bad in 80s. Any way somalilanders licked their wounds and they moved on and got out 100 times stroñger ever in history

Exactly. If 500 000 Somalis lived in the Waqooyi region in 1988 (for example, I don't know the real number), then the 50 000 death rate would mean over 10% of the Waqooyi population died that year. Died as a result of Siad Barre's bombings. That's a catastrophically high number.

10% of a population dying is an extremely high number. Iraq lost about 2-3 percent of their population when George W Bush invaded in 2003. And that's a worst case scenario. The war went on for many years, with extreme fighting, bombings, and air campaigns. And they only lost about 2-3 percent of the population.

That's a higher percentage than the amount of Germans who died in World War 2. Germany lost about 10 percent of it's people and it was an absolute disaster. The Russians lost about the same number of people and it was a major disaster too.

I'm not buying that 50 000 number. It seems contrived. But even 1 Somalilander dying as a result of Siad's crimes is too much. We should definitely move on from this

Tallaabo   

50k is a reliable estimate of the number of civilian casualties from the barbaric Sahal regime's genocide in Hargeisa. The total count is even bigger when the rest of Somaliland is included. But as the Xaaji said, the people of Somaliland licked their wounds, rebuilt their shattered lives, and moved on. We don't take revenge and we don't hold grudges against anyone, that is why Almighty Allah blessed Somaliland; and may He continue to bless and guide us.

<cite>

50k is a reliable estimate of the number of civilian casualties from the barbaric Sahal regime's genocide in Hargeisa. The total count is even bigger when the rest of Somaliland is included. But as the Xaaji said, the people of Somaliland licked their wounds, rebuilt their shattered lives, and moved on. We don't take revenge and we don't hold grudges that is why Almighty Allah blessed Somaliland; and may He continue to bless and guide us.

Ameen, may Allah bless your land and continue to guide the people.

But if you're gonna describe the barbaric regime of Siad Barre, just say "Siadists". Much better term :D ....It's not like Siad is a friend to anyone on this forum. Dr Osman also is very well-aware of the crimes the Siadists committed in Eyl and Bosaso

Tallaabo   

<cite>

Ameen, may Allah bless your land and continue to guide the people.

But if you're gonna describe the barbaric regime of Siad Barre, just say "Siadists". Much better term
:D
....It's not like Siad is a friend to anyone on this forum. Dr Osman also is very well-aware of the crimes the Siadists committed in Eyl and Bosaso

That description was used to sweeten the pot since this is SOL :)

<cite>

Kennedy I Don't deny that hargeisa was attacked but it wasn't genocided. If 100k died in syria over 3 year day/night bombing with sophiscated weaponry and including chemical warfare, its impossible 50k died in hargeisa in 88. Think about the population difference. If 100k is from 22 million, if we halved that to 50k the population would need to be around 11 million. Are u saying the north had 11 million ppl in the 80s? 75 census says we had at best 4 million across all somalia. Waqoyi population wasnt even anywhere close to that. For 50k figure to be believed, that would mean 11 million ppl must of lived in the north in 1988. Get out of here, that's unbelieve. I would be suprised if 1000 died.

Plus the air assault should leave clear marks on the city like it did with HOMS syria, we don't see those marks in Hargeisa when looking at 1990 pictures. We see a few bullet ridden homes which again proves it was low intesity war not high intensity because the damage looks far worse in mogadishu then hargeisa. 88 no planes attacked hargeisa, they're simply aint any marks left on the city to show such a huge bombing, plus their wild figures contradicts basic logic of population.

They are the biggest liars in the world. Imagine, if the 300K enclave really lost that many people, there wouldn't be any habros around 25years years later chatting sh!t on SOL.

It's all hogwash, I say!