Sign in to follow this  
Holac

Safferz, have you landed yet?

Safferz   

<cite>
said:</cite>

I've been to Somalia several times in past few years. Somalis of any citizenship r being stopped, arrested, and detained for an extended period of time with out charge upon entering and exiting Ethiopia says recent us travel warning. Much different than Somalia

I was actually given a hard time at the immigration office in Addis Ababa two weeks ago when I went to extend my one month entry visa because of the multiple Somaliland stamps on my passport. The immigration agent asked me what I want from Ethiopia and why I've visited so many times, denied my request for a two month visa (Canadians can typically get 1, 3 and 6 month visas without issue) and told me to leave the country in a month. I'm actually planning to leave next month when my visa expires instead of going through the hassle of trying to get another month extension. I did manage to get my dad's birth certificate though, so when I get back to Canada I will be getting the yellow Ethiopian origin ID card issued to all dual nationality Ethiopians from the Ethiopian embassy, so I won't need a visa in the future.

tutu   

<cite>

Miyir, don't mind our official Kuukuuyo apologist on SOL. He would defend Kuukuuyo interest more than Kuukuuyada would.

By the way, Xabashada don't bother with Soomaalida degan ama u qaxday Adisababa iyo meelahaas. Waa see ay rabeen, to incorporate Soomaalida tartiib tartiib into their dominion ay xoog ku heystaan. Xadbeenaadka from Dooloow to Wajaale, it is always open. Soomaalida wey sii galaan, kasoo galaan; unlike xadbeenaadka Kuukuuyada, there is a very minimum control. Waa Xabashada see rabto, oo ay ku balaariso dhulkee xoog ku heysato ilaa ay badweynta Hindiya ka gaaraan -- Xeyle Salaase's ambitious dream. Not many Soomaalis do realize this, though.

I see you're still bitter over our earlier encounters on SOL, oh boy it's been long! Anyhow, you've maimed, raped and slaughtered more Somalis than a Kikuyu would ever. Bearing the ignorant biped you are, I doubt you ever gave a thought of that! No one compared Kikuyus and Somalis, Mr. Birdbrained.

Safferz, having glanced over your posts on historical relations of east Africans, I would come back with queries inshallah. Enjoy your holiday/field work.

Inter-mixing is great as long as it's your ethnic group that has monopoly over resources and the country's institutions, otherwise it is just feel-good fairytale.

Mooge   

is saffers going to stay in ethiopia during ramadan? anything new saffers.

ramadan karim.

Safferz   

<cite>

is saffers going to stay in ethiopia during ramadan? anything new saffers.

ramadan karim.

I just got back to Toronto today. Between my visa troubles, the chilly weather and approaching rainy season, and living upstairs in the home of a Tigray couple who fight loudly several times a week (the wife drank bleach earlier this week after an argument !!), I decided it was time to GTFO of the country. Will be at my parents' home for Ramadan instead, which I haven't been home for in years.

Holac   

Welcome back Safferz. You are full of stories I am sure. I'll wait for you to settle down for few days.

Safferz   

My ayeeyo passed away this morning in Hargeisa, and I'm going to try and head back this week with my mom to be with my relatives. Her health was not perfect and she had dealt with complications from a stroke she had over a decade ago, but until she suddenly fell ill last night she was doing just fine. I am told she took her last breath while reciting Sura Yasin. Please pray for her... I am heartbroken, but thankful I saw her when I visited in May.

Tallaabo   

Innaa Lillaahi wa inaa Lillaahi raajucuun. May her soul rest in perfect peace. Idinkana samir iyo iimaan Alle ha idin siiyo. AMIIN.