Sign in to follow this  
Holac

Safferz, have you landed yet?

Holac   

Soo noqo adigoo nabada. Good luck with your planned May trip to Ethiopia.

Ethiopian-Toronto-non-stop-flight0.jpg

I just found out that Ethiopian Airlines started a direct flight from Toronto to Addis. Good for you. :)

Saaxiibkey and his family shalay raacay diyaaradaas (Ethiopian Airlines) on his way to Nayroobi from Toronto. I don't know about others, but I would never use diyaarad Xabashi regime leedahay, even if some of their ticket prices is pretty cheap.

Holac   

^ :D

There is so much Habeshas here in DC/Fairfax area that you get used to them being normal human beings. :)

<cite>
said:</cite>

On different subject, have you seen a Somali going to Somalia or Kenya saying he or she is going to Africa, nicca please hehe.

Che'oow, waagaa adigaba aadeysay xagaas sanadkii 2011 saas lahayd ee naga daa sheekada. lol

Sheekadaas laakiin Reer Mareykan lagu yaqaanaa oo mar dhoof ah.

Holac   

<cite>

On different subject, have you seen a Somali going to Somalia or Kenya saying he or she is going to Africa, nicca please hehe.

lol. Sounds like the farah I heard say he is heading to "mother Africa". :)

Safferz   

<cite>

Saff is in Gondar heading soon for Gambella.
:D

Hehe, I wish! I'm in Addis Ababa and unfortunately bila internet for the most part, so checking in today from an internet cafe in my neighbourhood, Mekanisa. On the plus side, not having internet means I am going out and talking to people a lot more, so my Amharic has improved quite a bit.

What's good, SOL? It's been a busy last few months so I haven't been around so much.

Safferz   

<cite>

Saaxiibkey and his family shalay raacay diyaaradaas (Ethiopian Airlines) on his way to Nayroobi from Toronto. I don't know about others, but I would never use diyaarad Xabashi regime leedahay, even if some of their ticket prices is pretty cheap.

The alternative would be to take the Soviet-era death traps used by Daallo and Jubba (both airlines are also banned from European airspace btw), and often tripling the time of your trip because of all the transit time. I remember my first trip to Hargeisa was a KLM flight from Toronto to Amsterdam to Dubai, then Jubba Airways from Dubai to Djibouti to Hargeisa on a plane with cracks in it and no seatbelts or AC. I was also in Dubai's airport for some 10 hours because of a diplomatic issue between Canada and UAE that made getting a visa to enter Dubai for the layover nearly impossible for Canadians.

Ethiopian Airlines is a fantastic airline that meets international safety standards, and the only one I use to fly to the Horn.

hi Saffz,

i know we're no longer on speaking terms but if you come to Hargeisa, i'll make it up to you, ruunti. come through and who knows maybe your poor Amharic gag reflexes would improve.

Tallaabo   

When travelling to Somaliland I used to go through Dubai using Emirates and African Express and the journeys were reasonanly good if planned well. But when I changed my route and used Ethiopian airlines I never looked back!! Ethiopian airlines rules the African skies.

Tallaabo   

<cite>

This sounds like those two guys I met in Berbera airport. We were sitting next to each other in the aircraft and chatting about any silly thing that crossed our minds. So to keep the silly conversation going, I asked them that compulsory question: "qolomaydu tihiin". One of them replied: "D block". Non the wiser, I took that for an answer. When the same guy asked me which clan I belonged to, I told him "Afrikaan".