Sign in to follow this  
Holac

Cultural Shift: Somalis become Amxaaro

Holac   

The Ethiopian government is spending millions on a program to make Somalis act and behave like Habeshas.

galbeedi   

Holac, I hope these guys and girls are Amxaaro Muslims who are also Amharic speakers. If these are Somalis, where is their music and culture. Don't they know Ethiopia doesn't mean Ahmara.?.

There are about 7 Million Amhara Muslims the song is about peace and inner love , the Ethiopian government actually created ethnic federalism that every ethnic can be its own but remains part of the Ethiopian union.

Do you think the Ethiopian Government is trying to absorb Somalis and make them just one of the many ethnic groups residing in Ethiopia? The same way how Ethiopia has an Oromo division, an Amhara division and a Tigray division, that perhaps they might try to influence and absorb the Somalis not just in the Kilil area, but even the Somalis in Somalia?

This might be a long-term strategy where they could even attempt in a century to annex Somalia and Djibouti and absorb them into the large Ethiopian State?

I know I sound paranoid here loool. But this is some of the fears I've heard from several Somalis over the years.

^^ You just being paranoid Ethiopia only cares about the Somali region it has , surely it cares about its regional influences and they will use the strategy to be more relevant in the east African region. Ofcourse with time the Ethopian and Somali interest will collide, but not now but in a few decades time when the Somalia civil war is behind us.

despite their 5,000 year illustrious history... it's not ideal, in this day and age to become amxaaro. my south Ethiopian friend was telling me the other day, that the Amhara are now known as ''minew shewa''.

Mooge   

loool. somalis in Denmark has some of the worst record in all somali communities everywhere. Somali teen pregnancy out of wedlock is the highest in Europe and nearly 40% of Somali men in Denmark aged 15 to 79 have a criminal record.

and now this? niyoow what is wrong with them?.

<cite>@Holac said:</cite>

The Ethiopian government is spending millions on a program to make Somalis act and behave like Habeshas.

Don't see your point Holac.Somali music is played in otha ethnic tv stations and vice versa plus certainly there r otha Ethiopians here.The EthioSomalis have the best of their times in terms of development & education in the long tumultous history of ethiopia and could say freedom too as long you openly dont become enemy of the state.Thats why they embracing ethiopianess if you wondering .They turn their back on Somalia due to the bitter legacy of Siadism where he recruited thm from inside the refugee camps & send thm to fight otha Somalis thus hijacking their movement ,aspirations and created enemies for thm in some regions where they took refuge.They decided to be Ethiopian and reaping the benefit...actually much better off then most Somali regions.

They proud of their ethnicity if you follow their TV,which is where all Somalis even from inside the country tune to for cultural shows& dances .