Sign in to follow this  
SomaliaRising

50/50 share between Xamar and Hargeisa

The merchant communities of Xamar and Hargeisa are the most powerful groups in Somalia. So it is fair for them to share 50/50. I recommend that Capital city is moved to Hargeisa, PM goes to Hargeisa community.

This is fairness in true form.

Galbeed and Dadoore, What do you think of this plan?

Another option is: United Somali Emirates.

Every 5 year the Suldancy or Presidency goes to one of the 4 big clans, when all 4 big clans gets their turn, the small clans will be next.

The president of United Somali Emirates can be compared to the Dutch king, its only symbolic role.

However in big sport tournaments like World Cup , USE will represent all states/countries.

No thanks no sharing a country with the Koonfurians under any circumstances even if they say take all 100% of all the seats. No one in Somaliland will reverse SL statehood to share a nest with the Koonfurians Puntlanderising what are you going to do. There is nothing in Somalia worth wanting zero nada

If you think the secessionists on this forum would accept such a thing you are mistaken my friend.

They'd accept nothing other than:

1. Achieving recognition

2. Receiving a loving pat on the back by their British Masters telling them "You're different than the rest of those Somalis"

The 2nd part is especially crucial saaxib. It's even more important to them than achieving recognition. They NEED this British flattery

Doctor you are right Somalilanders Afro hashemites need their own country cost what cost by any means necessary and that the SL flag has to fly along the world nations we have killed for it spend money on it suffered for it spend years times in refugee camps in Ethiopia. The SL people have stood in rain for years and protest for their rightful place. The SL government have ignored the Koonfurians for the past 23 years and will only deal with them and their authorities in a 3rd neutral country. But the people of SL wish the People of Somalia the best luck , but they should be happy with what god gave them.

Somalilanders have been working on this for nearly 3 decades and it started all with a coup in 1961.The future of the people in Somaliland is alone and they dont need Somalia they have proved that , that Somalia nothing but a liability as Sultan faisal puts Somalia wa meyd Somaliland la dabo wado, and Somaliland cant shine with Somalia and their AU protectors, Somaliland statehood is irreversible the independence cause of Somaliland is almost Holy. There is no way back Walaayaal its not about the Brits we want the world to see how strong how progressive how intelligent the people of Somaliland are and they can only do that if they join the international community as a sovereign nation.

I get it Xaaji. You wouldn't even unite with Somalia even if it was rich like Hong Kong or Singapore.

I don't oppose your recognition based on this knowledge. If that's how you feel then who am I to tell you what to think and feel? If you're happy I'm happy. But don't succumb to the disgusting diatribes of CidanSultan

Doctor that would be different if Somalia was rich i would re think if Somalia was Saudi Arabia i would think of a different strategy , but Somalia and Somaliland are both poor So there is no point of to share a nation with poor nation that is as poor as you if not poore with constant violence war and Killings and the turbulent past is not to shiny either.

Maybe A union between Somaliland and Djibouti and the hawd and reserve under one country can work in the near future.

galbeedi   

Somaliarising, moving the capital is huge. It is nore important than Prime minister or president. It is a big move. To make Hargeisa the foundation of the vnew Somalia is great. The truth is southern politicians will not allow to happen.

I think Xaaj and others will not be felixible at this junctu of Somali debate. ' midho guntigaaga kujira kuwa geed saaran looma dadiyo". You should never nogotiate uoy of weakness. This is the same issue , Somali government is doing with Kenya, Ethiopia and vothger. The truth is Somaliland haven't been challenged enough so far. they never faced a leader who put his house in order, organized the south and then came to the table. As long as there are no big vission leaders in the south , the status quo will remain.

Yeah exactly. The Somali Government should not negotiate in a position of weakness.

Perhaps if Somaliland gains recognition and they go through the inevitable rapid development which will happen as a result.....it could motivate other Somalis to clean up their own house and compete with the Landers. It might shame them to change their behavior and change their failed policies.

And it might give Somali diaspora businessmen a place to invest if the South is never pacified. There's a lot of opportunity there and I know a lot of American and European Somalis who would MUCH rather live in Somaliland than Dubai or Qatar. Even if they're not technically Somalilanders

I can build a union that will last longer than any union in the world but no one is interested the problem is Koonfurians dont know what Union is ,Union for them is 4.5 clan system 2 clans sharing the top seats and than call it we are united and sing Somalia tooso. What u need is a union with strong foundations based on strong principles.

With in 10 years u would have a stronger Union than any union in the world but its based on values shared interest commonalities, strategic political and economic interest and Militaristic interest not on emotions. I dont value presidents prime ministers iyo waxaas.Only Koonfurians value that, a Union is based on how the wealth of the nation can be shared equally distributed equally and that every one contributes i would have created the Union of Somali republics. That would mean 3 countries in the Horn exclusively belongs to Somalis. But Somalis are not interested in such a union there is action and re action, So we will play the zero sum game for quiet some time. Till we are exhausted and some one gives in, its sad, other than that garaantu ha botarisu.

<cite>
said:</cite>

You should never nogotiate uoy of weakness. This is the same issue , Somali government is doing with Kenya, Ethiopia and vothger. The truth is Somaliland haven't been challenged enough so far. they never faced a leader who put his house in order, organized the south and then came to the table. As long as there are no big vission leaders in the south , the status quo will remain.

hahaa very impressive:D , you and the siyadists were in the fight together last time.Please try again .

<cite>

They are one and the same

I don't pretend to be from the lost tribes of Hashemites in Africa but I'm from the former British Somaliland, that is quite a puzzle if you insist that they are one and the same.

Hawdian   

Whats 50 percentage of zero. This simple question is to PiratRising. Lets hope you dont fail the question. Still missing the day where you family robbed the somali people somaha, you and the other fake somaliweyn supporter , history is our witness ubaxi kacanka caruurtu abo siyad are not to be trusted . 0 . A free man would never lie about his own heritage Pirat Rising but still you insist claming otherwise haha, walks like a duck qwuicks like a duck , swims like a duck , I Call that a duck hjhhhhhhh

<cite>

I can build a union that will last longer than any union in the world but no one is interested the problem is Koonfurians dont know what Union is ,Union for them is 4.5 clan system 2 clans sharing the top seats and than call it we are united and sing Somalia tooso. What u need is a union with strong foundations based on strong principles.

With in 10 years u would have a stronger Union than any union in the world but its based on values shared interest commonalities, strategic political and economic interest and Militaristic interest not on emotions. I dont value presidents prime ministers iyo waxaas.Only Koonfurians value that, a Union is based on how the wealth of the nation can be shared equally distributed equally and that every one contributes i would have created the
Union of Somali republics
. That would mean 3 countries in the Horn exclusively belongs to Somalis. But Somalis are not interested in such a union there is action and re action, So we will play the zero sum game for quiet some time. Till we are exhausted and some one gives in, its sad, other than that garaantu ha botarisu.

Which is why I'm not against nor am I interested in helping to stop Somaliland's recognition goals. The people are clearly adamant on seceding. They would stop at nothing other than secession and the only debate right now should be what should the borders of this future Somaliland State be?

But that's another topic.

Somalis valuing Presidents and Prime Ministers rather than valuing the Rule of Law is a cultural problem which will take YEARS to undo. And Somalilanders themselves are guilty of this as well. They'd much rather vote for a man who comes from their sub-clan rather than voting for the Best Candidate. Even Black Americans are guilty of this when 98% of them voted for Barack Obama simply based on the color of his skin, even though Obama's policies were an utter disaster and he's provided NO benefit to the Black Community in America. And these people live in the richest country in the world and they still think like that. This is a huge cultural problem which will take years to undo.

And a Union of Republics is a much more attractive idea than having a Centralist Government based in Mogadishu where everyone is forced to face towards Mogadishu and power is centralized in the hands of a specific sub-clan. If you sell this idea I'm sure a lot more Somalis would buy into it. It's a very attractive idea