Sign in to follow this  
SomaliaRising

Let say Somaliland is recognized

Iam strongly against disunity, but for argument sake let say they are recognized(something i pray against). I believe then Somalia and Somaliland must have brotherly relationship, xiriir walaaltinimo just like Somalia and Djibouti.

We dont need to have Eritrea-Ethiopian relationship or North and South Korea.

Unity is best solution wallahi, we must never recognize maamulka waqooyi.

But we shouldnt fight each other too.

Well if Xamar can't get it's act together, then Somalia's capital must either be moved, or there would be a massive decentralization trend in Somalia where the country could then split into several small states, each State being influenced by a foreign power and the gradual disintegration of the Somali Republic.

Let's pray that never happens

Dr_Osman   

Dr Kennedy thats a very scray prognosis you just said and with the internal division as it is, their is a strong possibility it might head down that ppsth cause I cant foresee the HAG giving up the capital status to save the disintergreation since they think from a 'maxa cuna mindset' and see they have nothing else other then hamqr, central regions isnt a rosy place for them and its future.

Dr_Osman   

What doctor kennedy is getting at is we might become just satelllite states kind of like like how america rules puerto rico or european countries remotely ruling islands from a distance. You think those countries next to us will just use some sort unsom trusteeship for its satelitte states?

galbeedi   

Folks this is serious. If Mogadishu doesn't change, anything can happen. You can;t play with fire for long time eventually it will burn you. It is not only war that divides or changes countries, it is the system not working for the interest of the people or the people giving up on their fellow citizens.

You heard last week about Cali daacuun complaining about hopelessness of Mogadishu and the sacrifices people pay to be unionist. YOu do not understand. AS you may have seen in my threads , I try to reach out to my Somalilander friends. Can you imagine having friends, families and old acquaintances in your own city and not being able to have the opportunity to sit relax and enjoy coffee, meals and other friendly gatherings. Because we were working and looking different futures. can you imagine missing the company of your friends, because of a cause that becoming difficult to achieve as time goes. How long one have to be exiled from his own families and friends.

The southern man can never understand .

Tallaabo   

Unity was tested and it failed us; so using commonsense, disunity is the way forward for the Somali people. At least with official disunity we can be save from each other. I believe it is in the interest of both Puntland and the Six States of the South to declare independence from Mogadishu.

Osman exactly. This could be a very real possibility, where the Somali Republic is broken up into several satellite states, each of them being controlled by a foreign power. And that's very scary indeed.

That's why in the unfortunate event that Xamaar never gets it's act together, I would hope that Puntland and Galmudug form a Union, and then perhaps they can go to Somaliland and form a very loose Union with the Government of Somaliland, and then base their capital in Hargeisa. Similar to the government structure of the U.A.E

A very loose, decentralized Union based in the North. What sounds unrealistic today could be a full-blown reality in the future. I'm not saying it would happen, I doubt it. But I'm saying it's a worthy alternative.

I'm not sure whether the people of Somaliland would want some sort of a loose Union with Reer Puntland and Galmudug. But it could be tried. It's not impossible. Somaliland/Puntland/Galmudug already form about 70% of Somalia. The land size would be greater than that of Kenya, Germany, Italy, Japan and many other countries.

At least this new Republic would have the ability to stand on it's own two feet. At least they won't be some satellite state.

It would be a far better alternative than having Somalia split up into several satellite states while being controlled by foreign powers. That would be a nightmare scenario and what I just proposed would be a far better alternative to that. We have to deal with reality.

galbeedi   

maybe I write in a rush, but I mean WE unionists were missing our friends and family for Union Cause that in disappearing in Mogadishu.

Mugdisho don't care about union, pirates don't care about union they just sad that half there people fall within the borders of somaliland.

Your union dreams galbeedi are just that Dreams...

Do you honoustly trust the future of your children with these people...

I honoustly would trust the lives of cats with these people...

And I have not been proven wrong

galbeedi   

Ciidansuldaan, most of them do not care. THey do not take life and country seriously. Let me confess, I was one of the Hiilqaran activists. The southern members of the party, few paid their dues or took seriously their duties. For many of them it was a political exercise.

Unity and unionism is just the most misused misrepresented concept slogans used by people , when in reality no one in Somalia has any interest to compromise for the larger good of the Somali people... Somaliland recognition and independence seems to be a major problem or for some its viewed that Somaliland being part of Somalia, keep Somalia together that is the south and the Koonfurians. People have to understand if they want a union between Somalia and Somaliland and the Somali people as a whole in the entire region , i can create a union that will last for the next 500 years and will give Somalis the ownership and let them the Somalis be the political heavywieghts in the entire east Africa complete domination of politics economics trade Militarily. But no one is interested to have a such a union a union that will last not a union that only exist for 30 years that exists on hatred envy and tribalis, But a union of cooopetation coexistence interaction working together on all fields a union based on equality between the Somali republics.Somaliland is the only solution that can help Somalia and get rid of all the problems because Somaliland has no motives to keep Somalia in its current misery. Ethopia and Kenya all have their sinister motives. But Somaliland understands the problems Somalia exists. Somaliland can remodel Somalia its own model. If Koonfurians are willing to respect the wishes of the Somaliland people to their god given right to have their own Country.