Sign in to follow this  
galbeedi

Do you support the relocation of the capital to save the nation..

Peace action no one in SL objected that Hargeysa should not be the capital and certainly not Borama do u know how close Borama is to Hargeisa, Berbera and burco and Borama are all very close to Hargeysa capital. But i would not be against if the capital of SL is moved to Burco or ceerigaabo in the future so that those regions and cities can have allot of attention. But i am not saying i have all the answers for Somalia as you try to proclaim , i merely said that Somalia does not need clan federalism Somalia needs to remain one unitary state, in order for it to prevail.

Xaaji niyoow iam sure ur secession would cease to exist if capital city was moved to Hargeisa or Borama and the president was reserved for someone from Waqooyi Galbeed.

I doubt it and even that the Koonfurians would never make such a sacrifice, they would have awarded the people of SL when they were enthusiastic about the whole u union 5 decades ago. This is not the case any more, the people of SL have moved on and the best way for both countries is to live side by side in peace and try to work on areas where we can cooperate.

Galbeedi. Moving the Capital wouldn't solve our problems, it will only create a new set of problems,

By the way, The Government might not have built anything in Ceelweyn and Buhoodle, but it didn't build anything in Garbahaarey, Beled Hawo, Caabudwaaq or any village inhibited by Barre's own sub-clan let alone his tribe. Any grievances based on lack of development is rather false.

<cite>
said:</cite>

The oromo's have taken harar, they have taken dire dawa, infact I think 2 zones they live in dire dawa somalis, xafad issa and around the taiwan area, they've become so insignificant in that town, most amhara are the big business owners, oromos are just scavengers really with no progress at all in dire dawa other then bajaj drivers. I recognize the threat of oromos jot only for ddsi but somalia also, it was shocking how their bus drivers in bosaso, typical line of work they dominate in the transport industry.

I don't know how we as somalis can really survive against them, their in the range of 40 million, whereas somalis are 9 million in somalia, 5 million ddsi, 1 million in jabuti and nfd. Plus around 1 million in the diaspora. Were roughly 15-16 million worldwide somali population not even half oromos.

The best way to defeat oromos is border control or wallahi we will become like dire dawa, go check it today, its really sad how it is knowing it was somali town and today it's breathing its last, plus all the settlement outside of dire dawa are all oromos and nothing else.

Oromo must be deported to maintain our population or consider us become like dubai minorities in our own land, this is very possible if oil production begins, can u just imagine the flood of oromos? that will kickstart the great downfall of somalia in my opiniin if not watched carefully

Detoore Somalis are slowly regaining control over Dire i was there in 2012 its true many oromos have moved into the towns back in the 1980s it was overwhelmingly Somali, many of the DJibouti clan go back forth and some have moved to Djibouti. Harar is a bit difficult the Oromos are there in big numbers many are Jarso and other Noole clans of the Oromo, Its not oromo who have killed the city Dire but the TPLF killed the city when they made it a special federal zone its run by corrupt Tigray Military officers dire is a ghost town these days the same as Harar , harar was alive and strong during Mengistus time ti was the capital of the entire Hararghe province. The oromos moving into the Somali kilil needs to be fought or else they will form a major threat for us in the long run.

Lol@ Che no Xenophobia we are raising awareness,for the threats in the near future and the numbers of the oromos. Somalidu waxya tidha bidaartu sibiq sibiq bay ku gasha Oromadu si saaso oo kale bey raban inay no so galaan.

By the way good to see u back, hope all is well in Boston

Hawdian   

People, let us be serious for once. I support Bariis with Baasto , Or as we all know Federation. Mac Sunkur. Hmmmm. As for this topic , Somalia's true , divine , enternal capital is dhuusmareeeb , if you against this truth then you a stupd. Please , blease lets end this discussion here . Its a well deserved ending.

emotional rescue debate for southerners...Mogadishu will be there & relocation if comes is between you guys.Somaliland don't need bunch of niggers running around with guns.

galbeedi   

Che, waad salaaman tahay. waasidee meesha waad noo cidlayseene?. I wasn't referring about the leaders and the coloration to reward their communities. I meant that people who are away from centers of power are still loyal regardless of their location. Those who are in the capital region without being the president had all the advantages. The Kacaan built " labada webi iyo Banaadir", not Garbahaarey.

Caasimadu in ay deeqdo weeye dadka halkaa degan. Hadii la yidhaahdo madaxnimadana ha loogu daro. The last election every body sais " hala kala doorto reer Muqdisho. it is not fair.

^Markaa waxaad leedahay ninkii caasimada degan baa madaxtinimadana iska leh?

Hadaan sidaa kuu fahmey runta kama dheerid, balse tani waa isma dhaantoo hadii ay Garoowe ahaan lahayd sidaa un bey ahaan lahayd, waa siday u badan tahay.

Anigu waxaan qabaa in cudurkeena qabiilka la yiraahdo in nalooga faa'iideystay. Waxaa uu noqdey jeedal yar oo sokeeye iyo shisheeyaba nooga faa'iideystaan, saa inagiiba wax qabiilka ka shisheeya wax ka arki weyney'e.

Ugu danbeyn, labadii qabiil ee Carbeed oo sidanoo kale ahaa xalkoodii muxuu noqda?

galbeedi   

Dhgaxtuur, Saaxiib maya. Waxaan u jeedaa dawladiibaa ag fadhidee madaxnimo uma baahna.

peace, prosperity and open society. That is what I need. Those of us who leave continental north America live in a big continent. We see the world differently. AS I said before sectarian tendencies are suppressed even among the most advanced societies.

What would happen if America had the party of the Germans, africans, irish and English. Plural politics is what minimizes the ethnic divide.

I don't think we'll find a place that's better than Hamar. It's not the environment that matters, it's the people. The only other place that I can think of would be Hargaysa but Hargaysa is not placed in a strategic position. Hamar is almost in the center of the country, it has a port and is more diversified than any other city.

Tallaabo   

<cite>
said:</cite>

By the way, The Government might not have built anything in Ceelweyn and Buhoodle, but it didn't build anything in Garbahaarey, Beled Hawo, Caabudwaaq or any village inhibited by Barre's own sub-clan let alone his tribe. Any grievances based on lack of development is rather false.

That is one of the universal truths about Siyaad Barre. Like most other dictators of the world, he cared only about the capital and ignored the rest of the country. After all, the capital is where he entertained his visiting fellow tyrants.

Another universal truth about him is, he was more pragmatic and daring than almost any other leader we have seen to date. When he saw a social issue he confronted it outright. Other dictators might turn a blind eye about social issues which could threaten their rule, but Siyaad Barre cared little about anyone. Some examples of his ruthless approach was the banning of khat, the resettlement of the northern nomads in the South after the terrible drought of the seventies, the resettlement of refugees from the Kililka shanaad in Somaliland, the introduction of fishing to the nomads, the mass literacy campaign carried out nationwide, the introduction of communism, and most controversially the changes he made to the traditional family laws of the society. I think the SNM should have persuaded him diplomatically to change course in the early years of the eighties instead of putting him in a corner and threatening his rule.