Sign in to follow this  
galbeedi

Do you support the relocation of the capital to save the nation..

Dr_Osman   

Alpha the sahal boys are the only hope for this nation, read into it, their is basically nothing else except irir warmongers, dividers, destroyers, or the maxan cuna clique. I urge Somalis, put your weight behind sahal if u ever want to see a proud somalia, or forever be stuck with irir madness

galbeedi   

Dittoore, I will not debate about which tribe built things or the one destroyed. We have seen how Sahal behaves when they get the upper hand. If they had some civilization Somalis would have went to Afmadow and garbaharey and Gaalkacayo. I do not think any one of us can even think of spending one night in those places. maybe Boosaaso could be different. any way " meel ay joogaan oo koob shaaha lagu caanaynayo oo habeen loo hoyan karo ayey dhisan lahaayeen"

Anyway, I do not like the issue of my tribe is better than yours part of the conversation. Having said that , you are correct on the issue of the concentration of powers on one place. Forget about the future, how about bringing the members of Parliament a save place where they can deliberate freely. Why not bring them to Garoowe, that is a good start. The case in point is some of them have been murdered by speaking their mind.

I did talk one Xildhibaan whose family leaves here. He is from Sahal, and he told me for the next few years, we Sahal will fighting for the premiership job only. When I asked him why not the presidency?, he said " it is impossible under the current situation.

The parliament can start working on important legislative issues without the fear of the Mogadishu situation. If these President becomes weak and incompetent we need a free Parliament that can deliberate for his removal. Besides, the amount of security personal that requires to protect 275 members of Parliament is huge. It could be a battalion of army that could fight al-shabaab.

They have been crying wolf for a long time. anytime that somebody tries to introduce some changes, they use tribal cards. It started with C/qaasim settling to a Hotel.

Bring the Parliament to a save place now.

Mr Galbeedi , i am for an equal union sharing a union based on equality justice and cooperation i want a union of Somali republics , Somalia Somaliland Djibouti Kilil Somali and NFD can become observer members , we will cooperate on strategic Somali interest in the region both politically economically, eventually we will have a stronger union, we can have one parliament one currency and one passport eventually. It will take years and ofcourse allot of sincerity from all the Somali politicians, to make such a union. Somali shan bay ahayd shanta madal kaliya oo farsameysan mala isug keeni kara dhaqaalo ahaan siayasad aha dhaqan ahaan umad ahaan. It can be done but we need new visions new ideas for it to function. Not a union based on hatred and envy and undermining each other. Allot of Somalilanders will be open for such a broader union between Somali nations. But for that to happen people need to respect the wishes and aspirations of the people of Somaliland to be a free and sovereign independent state. The right to choose Somalia as its partner in the region.

galbeedi   

Xaaji, yours could be one strong union oo ku yimid rabitaan xor ah iyo karti la isku darsady. Weli ma arkin cid si balaadhan uga hadlaysa. I thing you must write some kind of a paper explaining the complexities and advantages including the road map.

Instead of emotions like last time this one could be people sitting and deliberating. THat is how the union of Canada and other modern nations came to fruition.

Yes it would be a regional power house in East Africa in terms of economy trade political importance in the region, a real cooperation between the Somali countries. The most important thing is to make some great significant deals between Somaalis. The advantages would be to interlink the economies even eventually integrate politically which could create stronger political ties between all Somali territories, this latter step needs to be done in a more efficient way. There are allot of complexities especially from countries such as kenya and Ethiopia which host allot of Somalis in their respectable countries and Somalis who own large parts of those countries. Also another problem is Somalia and Somaliland dispute and the longer it takes for the 2 to reconcile and respect each others wishes , the longer it takes to restore stronger ties between the 2. People distrust each other because politicians are not honest.If Somaliland was given its recognition in the early 1990s Somalias conflict would have been long solved and we would be in phase 2 of creating a more stronger and comprehensive Union, we would have several financial cities in the Somali peninsula we would be holding parliament sessions on how to build and forge Militarily ties, between the countries. But the war in Somalia terrorism and Ethiopia and Kenya taking advantage of the zerosum game between Somalis, is making this so difficult. If i was a leader i would put allot of money and effort on reconciling Somalis of Somalia, and make them understand that their future is only in their own hands, and that if they want a union with Somaliland there are allot of ways to achieve that.

Dr_Osman   

We gave up the development of our areas and invested in mogadishu since we thought dadku waa somali wax lama kala laha but we learned a rude response. Sxb if sahal can only just recover its investment in mogadishu, its triple anything hag or snm have. I mean for god sakes look at how bosaso and galkayo rised and that was mainly with a small amount of diaspora. Let alone if all our businessmen ship from abroad and not to mention the oil, sahal will always be fine economically if not the wealthiest. You can just tell in dubai who owns skyscrapers and businesses there about the business community of sahal. We also have the biggest diaspora presence in mpls largest diaspora city.

I am not so much concerned about that, I know wh sahal aint investing much, we lost the most wealth in 91, ppl still fear a repeat of such a thing today. Even my dad has 3 properties in hamar, 1 overseas, well into 3 million dollar assets and were average mj nothing special. Not to mention ive nearly saved my deposit for a house overseas too. Sister owns her own salon, and then plus all livestock we have in puntland from my awoowe, its insane. Sahal wont invest much untill his guaranteed safety, even I wont.

Sahal is by far the richest clan hencee less corruption compared to hag who are hungry.

Interesting discussion. Xaaji with this union you propose of Somalia Djibouti and Somaliland what do you see as the role of Kilil and NFD being that they are not independent entities? Do you propose the union to take some action to change such if so what kind? does this include absorption by one of the three Djibouti, Somalia, Somaliland?

My initiative to have the union of Somali republics ,the USR, is to up hold the rights of Somalis in both Ethiopia and Kenyan Somalis and those in Ethiopia, not to absorb them per say. But to support their interest in those countries both politically, and economically. For example the USR would support autonomy for Kenyas north eastern province Linking Garisa and wajjir to the wider Somali peninsula. While not violating international law. Somalis need to learn allot from the past, that annexing these territories will only outrage the wider world. But by supporting our people inside those regions we can make sure that their lives gradually improve and ofcourse we will link them through our union, even up to secession if necessary and than giving them the right to join the USR as a sovereign state. But u have to slowely work towards this we must not take hasty or emotional decision, when dealing with Ethiopia and Kenya.

Dr_Osman   

The ppl of jigjiga are happy, their progressing at rapid rates and if they want secesssion it's available in the ethiopian constitution. In Africa due to poverty, money can buy you anything and if they wanted secessionn in those areas cash can do it quick. Your idea of this european union style for 8 million ppl in the most poorest part of the world is just economically insane. To divide Somalia means to make it even poorer and have number of djibouti style states. Federation is enough to satisfy ppl autonomy, the big question is how the federal power will be shared equitably and the relatiin between the feds and regions. Your idea of separate nations under this political and economic union is exactly what federation achieves internally similar to the UK but externally we need to be one.

I am not sure why you want external powers because thats all your proposed union will give you that federation can't. The world sees it, federation is the only feasible system all somalis can work under. Xunjuf union will only give him foreign powers and pretty much nothing else that federation can't.

Xunjuf forget it your system is unworkable and not feasible, you gain nothing extra thru that other then foreign meets and greets which can also be shared in federation. Forget this idea that since ssdf folks came up with federalism, it must be bad, it aint. PPL are not stupid they cant be lied to.

Interesting to noone has yet provided me any information to suggest what irir have contributed to our nation other then destruction and division, what dhaxalgal can I look at and say wax ayuu dalka uu soo kordhiye? Untill I get an answer, I rest my case. Irir is the problem and they need to fix themselves.

Federalism based on clan will only destroy the notion of Somalia citizenship. No need to slice somalia in clan states that are under the mercy of Kenya. Jigjiga looks good when u compare it to bosaaso or garowe. but it looks like a ghost town when u compare it to Bahir dar Adama Mekelle and other Ethiopian major cities. There is still allot of suffering and lack of development in the Somali kilil. Yeah sure there are some projects i was in 2012 in Jigjiga it was making some progress but its not something to be excited about when u know whats going on in the rest of Ethiopia, we also need to adress the Oromo danger of the Somali kilil, together.

Detoore the union i am speaking of is in the Long term and it goes beyond Somalia its from the NFD to the Somali Kilil to Djibouti a broader Somali union based on equality justice and cooperation. Its to interlink Somali territories based on common commonalities and interest and to revive the basic principles of Somali solidarity in the horn of africa, The territory of the Somalis is huge and their numbers are rapidly growing , i believe this is the best formula.to create and better the lives of Millions of people.

Dr_Osman   

The oromo's have taken harar, they have taken dire dawa, infact I think 2 zones they live in dire dawa somalis, xafad issa and around the taiwan area, they've become so insignificant in that town, most amhara are the big business owners, oromos are just scavengers really with no progress at all in dire dawa other then bajaj drivers. I recognize the threat of oromos jot only for ddsi but somalia also, it was shocking how their bus drivers in bosaso, typical line of work they dominate in the transport industry.

I don't know how we as somalis can really survive against them, their in the range of 40 million, whereas somalis are 9 million in somalia, 5 million ddsi, 1 million in jabuti and nfd. Plus around 1 million in the diaspora. Were roughly 15-16 million worldwide somali population not even half oromos.

The best way to defeat oromos is border control or wallahi we will become like dire dawa, go check it today, its really sad how it is knowing it was somali town and today it's breathing its last, plus all the settlement outside of dire dawa are all oromos and nothing else.

Oromo must be deported to maintain our population or consider us become like dubai minorities in our own land, this is very possible if oil production begins, can u just imagine the flood of oromos? that will kickstart the great downfall of somalia in my opiniin if not watched carefully

In the current constitution Mogadishu is not the capital, it is temporary capital and it was supposed to be decided later. This is one of the constitutional disputes between Mogadishu and Garowe.

May be after Somalis become politically mature , they can tackle where the capital should for the good of the country.

No one should ask Xaaji Xayraan what is good for Somalia, he is only interested advantage for his clan in centrally administered from Hargaysa. Ask Reer Borame, Burco, Ceerigaabo etc why everything should be in Hargaysa.

Dr Osman, Somalia's population has stayed at about 8 million because of the civil war.

If you go to Somalia, the typical woman has AT LEAST 5 or 6 children. But the reason why our population isn't growing is because of violence, famine, and disease. Our health care is one of the worst in the world. ....and many Somalis die of diseases which could be easily curable.

This is ALL because of our civil war. You don't think if Somalia and Somaliland had a GENUINE peace, our population wouldn't increase?

Somali women would still be having like 5 children each (they already have this habit in Canada and the USA)....and the Somali population would explode as a result. Our population would more than double in less than a generation. Somalia could very quickly reach 50 million people. We already have a country where almost half our population is under 15 years old, one of the youngest populations on Earth. And Somali women have the highest fertility rate.

I don't think we have much to worry about when it comes to being swallowed up by Ethiopians and Kenyans. If we maintain a lasting peace, we'd rival those countries very quickly.