Sign in to follow this  
galbeedi

Do you support the relocation of the capital to save the nation..

galbeedi   

Doctorkenedy, if the capital comes to hargeisa , they will think big, also they are generous with the guests. No one is even close to Hargeisa in terms of promotion and Somali poetry. Just look back how the famous northerns made propaganda for the Kacaan.

galbeedi   

The issue is we have to think out of the box. Remember the Survival of the people is bigger than the city. Every one said for Somalia to come back Mogadishu must be restored at all cost. It is illogical. If you want to build things you start from a save base.

In other twist, both the "D" community and the "H' are culpable of the misery that is engulfing Somalia since 1991. That is why ba shift must come.

Xaajigu in loo yimaado ama hawshu soo dhawaato ma rabo. Xaaji, since you care about the Somali people , you must take the initiative of " isku soo ururinta dadka".

Xaaji that is good. Enjoy it!

Galbeedi, i come from Xamar clan but wallahi this hijacking of the top positions by two clans must stop.Somalia is bigger than two clans.

I urge that waqooyi people should lead now. After that people from Baraawe and other minorities.

Galbeedi you know my opinion i would really build a healthy union based on cultural close kinship and Somali solidarity could shine from Somaliland to the NFD, a union stronger than that of the Russian federation or the European union with proper rules and regulations and strong Somali core principles and values.If you asked me in 1989 what do you think of the Somali republic, i would say lets rebuild the old Somali republic with a real power center in Mogadishu. But times have changed, new generations have been born and new political realities are on the ground today.

The southern Somalis are also looking for their tribal interest and who can blame them they suffered the most the past 2 decades and you want to take away their triumph Somalia capital, so galbeedi if you want a real union between Somalis it has to be a union based on honesty based on nationalities a union based cooperation a union that works for all people not the racist greater Somalia, But a strong Somali union between the Somali republics, this is something that both the people of Somaliland and the people of Djibouti are open for to link Somali territories closer to each other, But the longer Somaliland statehood is denied the longer it takes before there can be a genuine union.

<cite>
said:</cite>

Doctorkenedy, if the capital comes to hargeisa , they will think big, also they are generous with the guests. No one is even close to Hargeisa in terms of promotion and Somali poetry. Just look back how the famous northerns made propaganda for the Kacaan.

Your making a grave mistake , if Hargeysa was given the seat the of the Somali state in 1960, they would have accepted it and would have welcomed it. But they were not given that honer , and i to to some extent agree with that Mogadishu was far more urbanized and had far better architecture and was well advanced but even if that was the case. The southern elites should have envisioned that the future and the togetherness of the Somali republic is dependent on it to construct and build Hargeisa and to make it the capital. The southern and northern culture is slightly different , the northern politicians never asked for political seats when the union happened. And we can say they were naive or the southern politicians were far more ahead of the northern political elites. Somalilanders sacrificed their own independent state for the union , something i would have never done, but the generation in the 1950s was different they endured colonialism Haile selassie stealing territories, when cigaal and micheal mariama and Garad ali and keyse and the 2 sultan diiriyes traveled to Mogadishu the people forced Cigaal to bring nothing less union, the people clearly stated that anything less than a union is a defeat for them. Times has changed today the story is different.

New poltical realties this is the 2014 hargeysa

Most political commentaries on this forum are hypothetical and really mind boggling. To find a solution to a problem you have to analyse the problem.

Why would Hargaisa host a capital for a county it wants nothin to do with????

Daydreaming won't build a stable country for Somalians. Were ever you move your capital to is your own issue. In all honousty it won't change anything. Garowe has severe problems, hiiraan the same, Galkacyo the same and even barawe and kismayo every city has severe problems.

All I can say is good luck...

Changing the capital, changing te president, changing everything will not work because the root of the problem the south has is severe mistrust, cultural weaknesses I.e mafia tendencies, lack of understanding in state building, lacking in real nationalism, lack of understanding somali societal and political traditions pre colonial period. Lack of genuine, honoust God fearing people in general.

And the same thing could be said from bosaso to the Kenyan border.

galbeedi   

Xaaji, I never understood these before. Are you saying that The Somali weyn must be bigger than Somalia and Somaliland? I have no problem with that. Djibouti is our land. I agree it must be also brought to the union.

So rather than Somaliland separation and reunification after that, how about adding Djibouti to the negotiations right now. maybe propose some kind of federal system starting the sharing of currency with Djibouti and opening trade links.

Dr_Osman   

Galbeedi you seem like your waking up and realizing injustices can only last for so long. I am big supporter of relocating the capital so somalis can have a fresh start after a 20 year civil war but also because historically mogadishu was never selected by somalis as their capital, it was decided for us by colonialist. I think Somalis have the capacity to decide what will be their capital city or even a splitting of the capital city 3 arms such as the parliament going being based in one region, the judiciary in another region, the executive in mogadishu. At least with this basic form of separation we can achieve good governance where everything isn't in one location under one govt who can threaten to kill people as was seennin thr yusur abrar case.

I honestly think it's unworkable the way the SFG is set up now, its going to cause a civil war in the long term. Why is it one clan enjoys being the federal capital, have all it's institutions,all foreign aid, take all the foreign meetings, on top of that they still get an equal amount of parliamentarians, ministers, and presidency. Is this workable? honestly no and it's just going to end up collapsing sooner or later.

I've studied somali clan history and present conduct and let me assure the main problem of somalia has and will always be irir, because honestly ask yourself what have they contributed other then war, destruction, division of our country, and looting? Can you honestly name one thing? you won't find it my friend. Now if you look at sahal we brought sayid, darawish, syl created by yasin sharmarke, revolution and somalia was united and happy and had a proud image domestically and internationally. After the revolution what came? the irir era came, what did the bring us? genociding ppl based on clan affiliation, looting, raping, destruction, dismemberment of our country. We were stuck in this phse up untill abdillahi yusuf came and brought federalism, restored somali dignity and rose up the blue flag in villa somalia which irir looted or tore up. What happen after then? we got a bunch of unuka village idiots who think along the lines of maxan cuna aniga? if you look at all their poems and proverbs its always about anjeero, bur iyo biyo or something food related. All we got was as all international reporting communities noted corruption. It was the genius of farmajo and gaas who left behind a govt that wqs recognized for hassan sheikh, you really think they would be able to do that the irir boys? no they cant because i've studied them they are the cancer of our nation. Heck even farole left behind a constitution for somalia, the sahal folks always leave behind something that is of good to the whole nation equally. The USC have this mindset of leaving behind something good for themselves as individuals, the snm are more about leaving something for their clan, its always that sahal boy leaving behind something for the whole nation in history and today.

Galbeedi, i've read into this and wallahi xaq darada wa iyaga. Can you imagine sahal claiming hobyo based on keenadid? or sahal saying hamar port is our, it was build by siyad? it's always irir looking for war, looting, destruction, etc and the boy in hamar is one hand of destruction the boy in hargeisa is one hand on division. Absolutely nothing positive they contributed to our nation and i've honestly read into this topic.

I think once you cure these sick idealogy of irirism and see it has brought nothing for you to be proud of, then we might start getting somewhere as a nation and recover whatever is left of this irir damaged nation. You need to get into their thick skull that sahal don't start wars, we arent seeking irir lands, we are seeking war with them, dee anaga hana dhaafan. We are wanting to do something for our nation, because we see it as our responsibility wa dhaxal awoowe dalkan.

Galbeedi you won't find any problem with sahal folks who are peaceloving and care for their nation, just go speak to that irir guy both in hamar and hargeisa I call them the duo of destruction and division.

On a final note if you think the SFG is non tribal, then please explain to me how it makes any sense that the sfg fought its ally jubaland militarily and then economically saying they don't have any rights to manage their own seaport and airport but at the same time hand over somalia airspace to hargeisa? if this aint irirism, then shoot me dead, I don't know what is.At the same timethe SFG wants jubaland to abide by the agreement signed in addis, but fails to abide by the PL agreements signed in garowe and galkayo for over 4 years now.

The boys in hamar really need to decide if they want to be a regional entity or a federal one because right now their double dipping tring to be both which is unworkable. Mogadishu if it claims federal then it simply needs to look federal not regional or else you will need to claim your regional status. It won't work that they get all these priveledges of claiming to be federal capital yet also enjoying the priveledges of regionalism. It's either one or the other, it surely can't be both. Mogadishu claims to represent somalia, it needs to start behaving like it or pass the job to someone who can fulfill the duties at federal level. Bossaso and Kismayo never claimed to represent Somalia, so it's ridiculous to ask them to abide by such standards, their both regional and represent their regions only.

Dr_Osman   

Galbeedi dalkan wax kale ma jiran aan raggas sahal ahayn, inta kale wa caqli gaab ana ku sheegayo runta waxan anigu waan soo aqriye, waa dad aan waxba soo kordhin karin for somalia, tolkooda haa, maybe shaksigooda ha, lakin intay dalka wax uu soo kordhiyan ha sugin, weliga ha sugin wa dad caqli gaab ah oo cadow somaliyeed ah dhamantood. Cay igama ah was facts niyahow oo tarikhda ku salayssn iyo waxay hada samaynayan aad ujeedo.

Wiilka keliya gacan aan uu taagi kari waa kan Puntland joggo, dadkisa wax taray iyo somalia wax tarayo, do you see how many thousands of homes they built for idps in puntland? they pretty much spend sll the aid they get on other somalis who are worser off anaguna guriyasheena ayaba na lagu haysta hamar wax kaleba daa.

Wallahi runtan ku sheegaya wiilashas bariga joggo mooye wax kale dalkan ka nool ma jiro. I am very proud to be from such a great people

cadnaan1   

hadii xamar laga qaadayo waa inay nonqotaa magaalo aysan laheen HAG IYO SAHAL

good choice would be baydhabo ,marka , baraawe.