Sign in to follow this  
galbeedi

THe latest news about Somaliland and Puntland.

galbeedi   

I do not know if there were any negotiations going on in Ethiopia or other places, but the latest news in Khaatumo region of Somaliland is that The International Community ( Britain, United States and Igad), ordered both Somaliland and Puntland that " political and peaceful negotiations are the only way to resolve the dispute in the Khaatumo region.

They will not allow any war in these region, period. THat is why Somaliland pulled out. Puntland may talk tough but, no war will take place. THe only war that should happen is the war on Al-shabaab.

Ali khaliif thinks these latest actions from the international community is a tacit support for his agenda, but the truth is, this a strategy to keep the status quo.

Dr_Osman   

Nicholas Kay wa saying that their will need to ve a 4 way discussion regarding SSC between Puntland,Somaliland,Khatumo,SFG. It will be interesting how it goes if this turns out to be true because Puntland case for SSC is very strong.

1. Geographic proximity of SSC to Puntland as can be seen 1 hr drive to garowe from las anod whereas the same leg to hargeisa is 5 hours

2. Tribal links. Important to note since somali civil war was based on tribe not which colony tribes were in.

3. Economic links since SSC uses bosaso port and not berbera

4. Political links since both are federalist

5. Most important consensus between PL and SSC which is available online in 1998 from all the clan elders of that region who freely joined Puntland. Infact the same has occured again from Bo'ame communique reiterating talks with Puntland since this was where they freely joined and built.

Thats the above case Puntland will put forth to the table which answers federal requirements of 2 states and more and consensus between joining clans. It also answers geographic proximity and economic link as stated requirements as per vision 2016.

Lets assess Khatumo case; their basically arguing from a vantage point of being their own administration(which is a ploy by somaliland) but lets see how realistic that is. First thing that will knock them out is constitutional requirement of 2 states and more as per 1991 districts. We know full well what the 1991 districts of sool and sanaag were and they surely arent what khatumo is presenting. They will need to convince the snm in erigavo and elafwayn and makhir to join if they want get past this hurdle. Economic viability is non existant, the place barely has roads let alone airports and ports, so its economic viability is minimal. They simply won't be able to support themselves. Based on those two requirements you can see why the khatumo state is out of the question.

Somaliland case they can bring forward is ccolonial borders which is automatically against at the federal constitution of 1991 district, it doesn't say 1960 district Legally speaking that claim can't go any further and will be rejected as a valid claim.

The next argument they use is their is family ties between SSC and SNM, easily rejectable, I have family ties with the USC does that mean I can go claim their land, all somali clans have marital clans, does that mean if i marry an isaaq I can go claim his land? this won't go very far.

They tend to argue 'qabil qaran ma noqdo' all we need to say is we definitely agree we didn't claim to be national, you did. It would be good to see you take your advice. Regional govts can be tribal, they represent rrgional interests and in the regions is where tribes reside.

They may also come up with we have garad jama endorsing somaliland and ali khalif galayr. Well thats 1 garad is simple refutation and his people are already in the process of decrowning him, which shows the lacl of groundroot support. They may also argue we have SSC politicians but that can be easily knocked down too since politicians of every clan are everywhere it cant be used as a valid standard.

I'll be very surpised to see how Somaliland can survive with claims on SSC, it will be like pigs fly if they get SSC, I think honestly the SSC politicians also know this is a long shot by somaliland which wont end up going to somaliland but they enjoy milking the cow while it last knowing full well it's dead project even more dead then the HAG claims on kismayo.

galbeedi   

The most anti Puntland Khaatumo who joined Somaliland share grazing land with you. their were even skirmishes in Cagaaran district about wells and grazing. They said we have nothing in common with puntland. Among them is Xaabsade. Inside deep of Sool ans Sanaag there are Duriyada clans who inabit.

You never did dig a well or hospital or school. People need services that you can't offer. Why not let the people decide their future.

Dr_Osman   

galeedi your totally wrong. Sanaag folks are bari folks. Sool is just an extension of nugaal, mudug is hawd sxb. You have no clue what your talking about, what the hell does ssc have got to do with some sacad muse? these ppl live an 1 hr away from each other and you think theyre not the same? caqligal ma aha.

Cali khalif is talking abour politics, he just has sour grapes anyone can see that. But you cant convince me or anyone someone that lives 1 hr from garowe is alien, nacasnimo weeye. their exactly the same ppl even my dad is from nugaal he acts no different karaash

Dr_Osman   

do you even know how makhiris settled sanaag? they were expelled during the wars of duubyo xiir 300 years ago, and alot of them went to san'a too. You need history lesson kiddo, but dadkan hartiga wa hal weel mana kala tagayan whether u like it or not. You should focus on your clan sxb wa ceeb sida hablaha dad walalo la dhex galo, can u imagine me caring about hj or hy waa naagnimo

galbeedi   

Well I share a destiny with Habraha you talking about . I know you won't be about nation building or anything. your eagerness for conflict will effect me greatly, both in Somaliland and the future cohesiveness of Somalia. You can not promote hatred between khaatumo and Somaliland and talk about Somalia. let the people decide.By the way I will not call you names, I am self assured who does not "booteeya"

Dr_Osman   

Galbeedi just stay on your side of the border, noone is asking you to join Puntland, the SSC folks are our ppl, we don't interfere other clans, we are in the right. We respect galmudug borders, we expect the same be respected of ours.

Dr_Osman   

galbeedi aideed tried this in mudug, look at the dire circumstances facing that clan today, you will lose alot if a war breaks out not so much Puntland

Don't mind Osman and the dreamers clearly very little logic at work. In his parallel universe puntland is a world superpower second only to the United States:

Te reality is this... Somaliland does not negotiate its territory. Because its territory is based on the same legality that somalias, djiboutis and Kenya's borders are based on.

If pirates want there clan members let them ask the ones in Ethiopia to territorially unite with them.

Somaliland informed the head of the UN political office to never return to somaliland on his mandate because of territorial concerns. Somaliland has told the heavily dependent somali government that it will not budge on its territory or airspace.

What's makes pirates think that somaliland will negotiate with a bunch of no bodies who can't take a single tulo from them.

CidanSultan, what you just said about "legality" could also apply to the Indian Subcontinent. All of those countries were under British control, and they were British colonies.

But once the British pulled out of India, the country split into India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, etc.

Would India have the right to annex Pakistan based on the "legality" of British colonial borders? Would they have the right to do it to Bangladesh? The borders of India were drawn through referendums, regional government agreements, and outright warfare.

I wanna know what you think about this.

India on independence contained both Pakistan and Bangladesh so legally it was always one country. Neru and ghandi agreed to partition India along majority muslim and Hindu lines. This consensus agreed upon created west Pakistan and East Pakistan (Bangladesh) Through consensus they divided an already unified state. People are free to do this.

So this example has nothing to do with somaliland and Somalia example because these two states were independent of one another and united so legally they were two seperate states that united not the other way around. So your example is not valid.

Ethiopia and Eriteria were seperate states as Eriteria was a colony of Italy and joined Ethiopia and then left it. Same can be said legally with Syria and Egypt under Arabism.

When two states unite both states have the same legal right to unite or disunite because legally they have the same weight under law.

Dr_Osman   

ciidan well go to an international court if colonial borders will work, dont reiterate it here, sxb your at the weaker hand, We want you to remain isolated so your ppl move for job opportunities and your somaliland lpses taxes and dies. You think politicians are stupid, we know you have noone supporting your recognition, even ethiopia your closest friend won't let alone someone else. Population wise youe 300k, your 6 times lesser then us manpower, economy, military. You simply won't be able to handle a war with us sxb, you cant even handle buhodle for god sakes and thats a jilib.

Whats happening in sool is the locals not you and if it was you your leaders wouldnt speed past there like girls if they jad any presence who you are kidding.

Ciidan we know your in a weaker position, we know you jave no external friends that will pressure us, we know if you remain isolated ir hurts you becuz your ppl will move to hamar for jobs, they already have infact go read. We won't losw npthing by you not joining somalia, we will just let you sit there and rot away while your ppl do mass exodus because afterall ppl will go where there is jobs. At the end of the day, you jave nothing for recognition and we know it and you know it.

As i've always said, if british borders will work take it to the hague and see if they exist, i dont need to tell you they will. No your not right if two regions joins they can separate, if that was the case south yemen would. Somalia border is well known thats why we dont need to cry about, we knows its untouchable and we know we can just keep you in isolation also and jave your mamul destroy.

300k population never forget that.2.5 million here sxb

Osman unfortunately for you they haven't found the cure for pirate parallel universe disorder yet. But the Tests I was waiting for regarding Bari's drinking water have come back. It shows high levels of mercury in the water explaining a lot of what I already assumed reading your nonsense.

Galbeed there are no talks The Ethiopian government was just hosting the tana conference it holds every year, Ethiopia has no interest to make peace between Somalis whether Somalia or Somaliland it doesnt serve their interet. Second we are not that important for the world there were wars the past decade between SL and the garowe administration no one really cared.Any way i believe nothing major is changing the only talks that are legitimate brokered by the IC is the Somalia and Somaliland talks.

As for detoore the pirates are just but talks you havent fired a single shot towards sool the past 8 years where is this empty bravado coming from?

Somaliland cares little about what the IC says its borders are the borders of 1984 enshrined in the AU treaties signed by all the early african leaders. And it enforces its sovereignty with the barrel of the gun

By the way detoore is trying to revive a dead political clanish nationalism its gone my friend political h@rism is gone with the wind there is nothing left karaash u talk about can karaash visit xudun the town he was born in. When the creation of ssc was made Puntland call for h@rtism died ssc later made peace with SL. today garaad jamac garaad ismaciil is in SL Today one of the major co founders of khatumo and ssc and he re affirmed the tolnimo the close ties the close kinship with the rest of the SL communities and his clant he garaad clan, this is not bogus if your political h@rtism had any relevance in today political in the HOA large segments of the garaad clan would not be in Hargeisaa and reject garowe the next group do also reject garowe which galaydh and his group and his garad jamac garaad ali, but the funny part is galaydh and his clan overwhelmingly are in Somaliland and support Somaliland, there is nothing left for you osman.Somaliland has single handly destroyed the H@rtism myth.

listen from 3:50 Dadku wa Somaliland dalkuna wa Somaliland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvEoZ3dzuLg