Sign in to follow this  
galbeedi

Preliminary Agreements reached in Turkey between Som/somaliland.

People tend to make the mistake in the 1970s the Somali republic was at the height of its progress but the people were unhappy with the union and the regime. Any way what i am trying to say is for a genuine union ever to re emerge between Somalis as a whole in all 3 countries. First thing first Somaliland must be totally independent psychologically independent recognized by the world nations and be an equal to Somalia and Djibouti.Somaliland must be given the right to exercise its right to be an independent state trust me when that happens Somaliland will remodel the larger Somali peninsula, old wounds will heal mistrust with the south will become much better.

Imagine if there was never a union Somalia and Somaliland could today have a healthy union there would be love the same love that is between Djibouti and Somalia. The union caused the pain and misery and suffering now if people want a real and strong and long lasting union once Somaliland is independence is recognized the 3 countries can equally unite under (the Union of Somali republics) They can open up the border use one currency one passport heck even in the long term create one Military force to protect Somali interest in the Somali peninsula one parliament we can do all that the European union does , and before you know it we could be a regional power house interlinked Economies trade ,but for all of that to happen it has to be a union of equality not Somaliland under Somalia. or Somalia under Somaliland, not a union of hatred envy and jealousy and war, will never work. So do people want such a union , than they first have to respect the wishes and the aspirations of the people of Somaliland the union of Somali republics will not be based on emotions or hatred or irrational love for Somali territories it will be a better alternative than the racist greater Somalia, that caused us nothing but pain killings and hatred between us and between our neighbors, but most koonfurians dont know the difference between Somalia and greater Somalia and Somali.

Reading these comments makes me question the seriousness of somalilanders here. This is a big win, an opportunity that shouldn't be squandered (If it is true). You get all you want with a little bit of delay and you all say "No... 23 years of trying it solo was not enough".

6. This will guarantee the borders of Somaliland, you will not have to worry about Sool and Eastern Sanaag anymore.

7. This means that it is a temporary union in name only since you'll receive funding directly.

10. We all know the results of the referendum, it will pass overwhelmingly.

I hope this is not true, but if local Somalilanders share the same feelings as our solers here then I might not have to worry, people here like to maintain the status quo.

Tallaabo   

This is what I think should and shouldn't be shared:

1. Government- no way(the koonfurians can share it with Uganda and the Kikiyus)

2. Economy- I have seen it already, no more booliqaran.

3. Currency- no thank you very much, keep your fake printed paper with you.

4. Airspace- bring it to Hargeisa.

5. Natural resources- keep what is your and I will keep what is mine.

6. Military and security- on my dead body.

7. A head of State( just a ceremonial one)- no problem, give it to the former transitional president of Mogadishu sheikh Sharif sheikh Ahmad . He is a nice chap and can globethrotte for us.

8. Public services- should never be in the hands of someone else so will not be shared.

9. Immigration and border control- Somalis should be free to live wherever they want in the Horn, so I have no problem with it. We can also combat the influx of the Oromo together.

10. Foreign policy- we can share embassy buildings in foreign capitals to save money, we can also harmonise our foreign policy to reflect our shared interests. We may also share passports provided it is properly controlled.

11. Intelligence- we can share it.

12. Flag- the blue flag can represent the confederation of Somaliland and Somalia if Somalia adopts its own different flag to represent their region so each region can hoist two flags like the European Union.

13. A supreme court- yes, it should be based in Hargeisa if the ceremonial head of state is based in Mogadishu.

14. A senate- Somalia has got no senate so should have one. Then Somaliland guurti and the Somalia senate will have joint sessions to discuss important matters for both entities.

15. Italian influence- koonfuria can have it all.

^^ People have no problem with a UN supervised referendum aslong as Milataries between Somalia and Somaliland are not interlinked sharing airspace is no problem. What people have a problem with is the 10 year time , it should be cut to 5 and than Siilaanyo and the Kulmiye government can sell this to the Somaliland public and say we didn't bring the recognition now but in 5 years time. Remember Somaliland is fighting for recognition and it will do everything to short cut what ever end settlement that can be reached.

<cite>
said:</cite>

This is what I think should and shouldn't be shared:

1. Government- no way(the koonfurians can share it with Uganda and the Kikiyus)

2. Economy- I have seen it already, no more booliqaran.

3. Currency- no thank you very much, keep your fake printed paper with you.

4. Airspace- bring it to Hargeisa.

5. Natural resources- keep what is your and I will keep what is mine.

6. Military and security- on my dead body.

7. A head of State( just a ceremonial one)- no problem, give it to the former transitional president of Mogadishu sheikh Sharif sheikh Ahmad . He is a nice chap and can globe throttle for us.

8. Public services- should never be in the hands of someone else so will not be shared.

9. Immigration and border control- Somalis should be free to live wherever they want in the Horn, so I have no problem with it. We can also combat the influx of the Oromo together.

10. Foreign policy- we can share embassy buildings in foreign capitals to save money, we can also harmonise our foreign policy to reflect our shared interests. We may also share passports provided it is properly controlled.

11. Intelligence- we can share it.

12. Flag- the blue flag can represent the confederation of Somaliland and Somalia if Somalia adopts its own different flag to represent their region so each region can hoist two flags like the European Union.

13. A supreme court- yes, it should be based in Hargeisa if the ceremonial head of state is based in Mogadishu.

14. A senate- Somalia has got no senate so should have one. Then Somaliland guurti and the Somalia senate will have joint sessions to discuss important matters for both entities.

15. Italian influence- koonfuria can have it all.

This could be alright with the exception of sharing a supreme court i do not like the judiciary system of the Koonfurians. We should view things from a practical point of view. i dont have a problem with the Blue flag if it is the confederal flag. and to make it legit to hold a unsupervised referendum on independence in 5 years time. And as agreed the Southerns can lobby for their union in SL in those 5 years time. by holding rallies and stuff , i think thats a fair and reasonable deal.

Tallaabo   

xaaji, the confederation supreme court will use the Somaliland constitution and law when dealing with cases originating from Somaliland.

Gentlemen I think we are jumping to soon. Galbeedi is clearly motivated by the belief that Somalia actually has a chance of unity if a big if ... Some sort of temporary unity can occur that will magically transform the perceptions that we all have.

On that basis it is flawed.

On that basis It is flawed because we all know Somalia has been in chaos for 23 years. The state has entirely collapsed.

A union would be based on a built state like somaliland uniting with a failed state like Somalia for 5-10 years.

Nothing will change in Somalia anytime soon and if somaliland were to except this deal it would only be to conduct te referendum 10 to 5 years down the line.

galbeedi   

Ciidansuldaan, saaxiib you said a big if. that is right before we dismiss these let us see . As you are saying, everything will depend on the state of Somali government. After the defeat of al-shabaab and some kind of Stability, if the Southern leadership does not establish competent administration, all this could be " biyo ncol dhaanshay". today they have an excuse to blame somebody else for their incompetence. Also after they gain some powers due to the peace, if they behave like a corrupt dictator and reckless leaders, then people will judge.

believe me, if the southern elite, especially the mogadishu guys, do not change their behavior, Somaliland will be the only Somali nterritory that left to stand. I was listening in the media an interview given by Cali Daacuun, from Sanaag. He said about constant threat he recieved from Hag and others. He said " maxaad madaxweynahayga u dhaliilaysaa, maxaad wasiirka wax uga sheegtay, mushaarka dekeda muqdisho ayaa la idinku biiliuiyo wax la mid ah"

if Talaabo accepted 11 of the fifteen that is good news. if you accept immigration, senate, courts and others, the military issue can wait. remember you are facing 300,000 Ethiopian troops who are paid forty dollars a month.

Personally I believe all southern generals and others must be dissolved. Non of them is worthy of a general.

Finally, waar Soomaalida la sheegayaba waa inagee, ma dad aan u qalmin baan u daynaa. Ilayn waataas oo labaatan sano ayaanu daynay meelna way gayn waayeene. Caasmada waa arrinta ugu muhiimsan. waa in la keenaa Hargeisa, Halkaasna dalka laga seedareeya. Waar meeshan la isma daynayo, ama aynu xukuno ama ayagaa dalka madax furasho u haysan.

Galbeedi Saxib is Deji...

If wanted Somalia we could have had and can have everything we want. Lakin Saxib runta any isu Shegno dadkan may u qalman wax ina lala qaybsado? Walahi after 23 years I still do not see anything to unite with.

You have hag which is incapable of state building, peace building or any other type of positive activists. You have hag refugees in mugdisho who were born into savagery and still live today in chaos. Who no longer understand what peace and a state is.

You have hag that is dacaad for hag interest, hag that wants to dominate Somalia through mugdisho. Italian direct colonisation has destroyed these people's original culture.

Hargaisan culture and somaliland culture is the polar opposites we look similar but we are very different from these people. Our history shows it, our daqan shows it our political reality shows it.

Then you have the pirates who can't fight, do nothing but talk and struggle to even securly manage 2.5 villages yet they to want hegemony.

Saxib galbeedi it is better to stay seperate of these people then join them in any way. 23 years and we are doing great and as the years go on we will only get stronger.

Weaklings and mafia culture endimic with proven well documented curroption, terrorism and occupation.

You are asking us to join a dead state... A rotting corpse that the world desperately try's to prop up in its fear of the rise of islam in East Africa.

Somalia is dead gelbeedi... All we want is our referendum .

We alone can take on Ethiopia with recognition.

Ciidan sultan is right the south is a burden and a liability there is nothing there corruption Turks feeding the children and mothers African union troops lording them around. Their refugees being targeted by kenyans, MPS getting gunned down Jihadists from Afghanistan and Pakistan, anarchism warlordism piracy people dragging people on the street this is all seems normal according to them. You cant help people that dont want to be helped but their empty bravado keeps them short sighted, and silly arrogance will not get them any where. They first need to acknowledge their problems.

I have said it before if people want a union i am willing to build an institution called the union of Somali republics, which can be an institution all 3 countries can become a member off and work things out from there.I mean how can u take people serious who invite their own enemies in their backyard who not that long ago carpet bombed Mogadishu, i am talking about Ethiopia. Sorry but i want Hargeisa to continue t have its Somaliland character we dont want Amisom Culture in Hargeisa, it took Somalilanders 23 years to rebuild what was destroyed the sweat and and energy the SL people put there can never be ruined again. The people of Somalia need to help themselves first Somalilanders cannot solve their problems for them even if SL people wanted to solve their problems its going to be very difficult. We want a Somalia that is at peace with its self and its neighbors including Somaliland and live side by side in a very peaceful way.

^^^^^

I'm in total agreement with everybody, stop this travesty in its infancy. I'm sure Somaliland will be capable to secure secession on its own.

galbeedi   

waxaa aad sheegaysaan wax badan ayaa run ah. Rajada Ilaahay lagama quusto , laakiin koonfurta war wanaagsani kama imanayo. Axadii, nin saaxiibkay ah oo qof xamar ka yimid Sabtidii airportka ka soo qaaday, ayaan waraystay. Walaahiu waxuu igu yidhi dhamaan waxii tuug iyo "looser ahaa ee dhulka joogay ayaa dawladii galay. Ka bilaw madaxweynaha illa askariga qof karti leh ama daacad ah ma rabaan. Waxa uu ii sheegay taliyaha Poliska iyo kan ciidamada qalabka sida in ay labaatan sano Vancouver, Canada joogeen oo ay hal truck wada lahaayeen oo wada wadi jireen. Waxay caan ku ahaayeen buu yidhi musuq iyo nolol ka dhac. Allahu yaclam , laakiin waxa uu yidhi in xataa ay dhacday in ay dad is qabteen a=y biyo kaga shubeen meeshii batroolka lagu shubayey. waxa uu yidhi xamar qofka wanaagsan waa laga cararayaa, mana soo geli karo dawlada. madaxdu waxay ku mashquulsan yihiin buu yidhi wax hel iyo balwadahooda.

waxa uu yidhi dadkii ka yimid goblada kale way ka soo socdaan. calaa kuli xaal wxa iskugu tagay buu tidhii dadkii "incompetant" ka haa. Ilaahay bay leeyihiin.

Diplomatic recognition is the crux of the matter, all I see here are people who discuss the visuals and not reality. Somaliland is in limbo, virtual independence means nothing if you can't utilize it to function as a real country. All the points presented by Galbeedi are superficial, Somaliland can agree now and set on their ass while the people in Mogadishu scramble to have a functioning country and when they are done (if they are done) they can wait few years to declare their new recognized country as stipulated by the agreement (we all know how the vote will go). It's a win but all of you can't see it, which makes me again question your rationality.

All of this is dependent on the accuracy of Galbeedi's information.