Sign in to follow this  
Peace Action

Silaanyo, what is his objective

Silaanyo enters Las Qoray and leaves quickly. He did not even stay to drink a cup of tea. Now he sends troops to occupy Talex and suddenly vacates the city. By taking these actions, even though it is feels good for some of his supporters, he is creating an image of warmonger at a time when Somalis are tried of war. This is not good for Somaliland strategically and if war breaks out, he will take all the blame and weaken Somaliland cause. What do our brothers from Somaliland think of these actions, an action of visionary or an action of senile old man who is getting bad advice from his close political associates?

Dr_Osman   

Peace hersi is trying to create to delay the election using the were at war with Puntland game that is very obvious. But Somaliland image is deterioting as of late, it isn't the wonderful democracy they were painting. Their are now charges of terrorism, war mongering, locking media, its not the ideal way of getting recognition thats for certain. Very strange what he is doing, I thought hersi would be smarter then reverting to old games that everyone knows now happens with months left before the election. I mean does he think people are blind in hargeisa? for god sakes do you think they dont see the puntland minister of finance being hosted in the VIP lounge of hargeisa airport talking with SL officials? when do two regions at war use eachother airport. They're playing a hoax game.

I have also an inkly feeling he might vacate las anod and let puntland capture it and then sit on it for months on planning retaking it and call for elections to be delayed till borders are restored in somaliland

whateva his objective he stayed in Lasqoray for atleast 4 hrs & there was no one to challenge him.He went to Taleex and after meeting with elders decided to move his troops out of the public eye and is not far away.

the better question is why puntland wana get into the affairs of Somaliland and if what they saying they same clan then do same to Jigjiga.If war comes its puntland's fault but actually no one cares,if that was so then Kismayo would've been big issue where minority came to power with help of foreign troops and the indeginous people have no say.Its true some sector of Somali population always relies & uses foreign troops but it come to bite back.Treachery has a price.

Dr_Osman   

Burah it isn't just tribes. Geographically sool is closer to Puntland. Look at Las anod its 1 hr drive from garowe. Its like 4 hours drive to Burco. Economically its linked to Bosaso port. Same goes for Sanaag. Then the real sweetener is were both tribes. As for Jigjigga that is international borders, when did somaliland get recognized? these are federal borders my friend not colonial. The colonial guys left a long time ago, if you want them so bad why dont you go there. But this is Somalia and the law of the land is federal and it is agreed upon by somalis, I have proof your former president signed the constitution from the UN own website.It's also recognized federalism it's not this illegal colonial borders your running around with that has no mandate in the land today.

Burah, just give up on SSC, it's not worth your hassle even if they do join you with PL use them as a proxy to threaten you forever to do what we want politically. Your asking for your own downfall.

Burahadeer don't be blind supporter of Silaanyo, all these actions he is taking don't make any sense. For example, by occupying Talex, he is pushing Khaatumo around which may drive it back to Puntland. A better strategy will have been to leave Khaatumo and Puntland to face each other.

The topic is about Silaanyo and I don't understand what Kismayo have to do with the topic.

Dr_Osman   

Burah no matter how you wish to paint it, but u cant get around the fact hostile regions at war do not use each other airport. Do you see ukraine using russian airports? it's totally out of protocol. U gotta admit something is fishy

Dr_Osman   

There must be some sort of agreement that has been brokered between PL and SL is the only answer to these sort of action. I for one moment cannot believe that the ethiopia hosted mogadishu and kismayo talks yet ignores PL and SL issue. Xataa caqliga ma oglanayo. Their must be some sort of agreement and the only scenarios I can think of is.

1. PL and SL were given equal share of both areas. Southern Sool for PL especially areas close to Garowe up to Tukaraw. All of Sanaag minus erigavo and elafwayn 4 PL.

2. SL was given both sanaag and sool on the condition they accept federation

3. PL was given Sanaag SL given Sool which explains why our leaders visit alot sanaag and carry out development there but never sool.

4. This a wildcard but its highly possible that the SSC folks themselves are trying to satisfy themselves by using PL and SL to enlarge their ministerial posts so they can share it among themselves to lessen conflict inside their sub clans rather then having all of them in one administration vying for limited spots that won't satisfy them. The good old shaqadu labo meel bay inaga furan tahay, intanan hal meel uu tartarmin aan is balaarino oo meel kasto kursi naga yaal aanu siino mucuradka gudaheena.

Thats the only scenarios I can think if you other scenarios add them please. Because this issue has perplexed me. But what I am certain of 2 hostile regions do not use each other airports via transit or not. It;s just never been heard of.

Pls note when 2 parties at conflict are negiotated by foreign power like the case between kismayo and mogadishu, both parties will need to be satisfied and it wouldn't be any difference for PL SL negiotation hosted secretly by ethiopia. That's why I think those scenarios I posted is likely going on and explaining this shock and awe invadeand get out. This could honestly be just massive internal SSC beef who dont want to see anything jepordize their jobs in either garowe or hargeisa. The politicians in SSC are very sneaky and untrustworthy as far I am concerned. But the ppl I am certain if a vote was done there between SL and PL they would choose PL. Its their politicians who are greedy and will go to any length to make sure their pay packets are maintained

<cite>@Dr_Osman said:</cite>

As for Jigjigga that is international borders, when did somaliland get recognized? these are federal borders my friend not colonial.

Somaliland and Somalia have colonial borders too.Two countries united then one left voluntarily.Its federal borders for you ,international borders for me.Its not how you like it,at the end of the day its gona be that way, do you even know Somaliland rejected the union referendum of 1961 but anyhow ovazealous few took it to Mogadishu.When int'l courts look at all these then is obvious your case will be lame, I know its not that easy and believe could only be decided by war unfortunately.

@@@ peace action the kismayo take ova with foreign troops was illegal,we both know that,legitimizing for sure will be short and again only be decided by war.

that's the way its

Dr_Osman   

The union of Somalia is well known my friend, their no legal basis for your claim. The colonial mandate expired it's effect no longer enforceable in Somalia. What is enforceable is federalism and federalism is not just for me but for you also. You want me to show you the constitution delegations that visited hargeisa? ask me and I will straight from the UN website. Your in LALALALA land. I would be devastated if UN came to garowe and asked us to sign a centralism constitution, I wouldnt be sitting here defending it. It's obvious you been bluffed by your admin and don't want to admit it to save face but save face all you want as long as your leaders signed it, I could care less what you spew on TV and Radio.

I could careless what you all believe, Somaliland been decided in the battlefield and a repeat of that in the horizon.Tighten your belt:D

Dr_Osman   

Burah, you have to admit that federalism is a fair system for all. Mogadishu will be simply symbolic, its hands will be the region. It's the best system devised for Somalia. It maintains unity yet separation, it maintains competition between the regions yet the whole nation develops. We can all learn from each other region on what some regions are doing well, what others are doing well. Plus there isn't ever going to old somalia where the center ruled, the center today is a mouthpiece or simply a face for all of us. Burah its time to embarass federalism you know deep down its the right thing to do.

Dr_Osman   

For example as PL truly we could learn alot from SL regarding how their diaspora works because it is effective and they have done alot for their land, more then any region in Somalia. PL is sleeping their is no question there. SL can learn how to provide social service delivery which I think it has truly failed in in all of its govt. It PL SL can learn this from each other, imagine what we can learn from other regional admins to grow. A strong somalia united in federalism with once face outside multiple hands inside

Tallaabo   

<cite>
said:</cite>

For example as PL truly we could learn alot from SL regarding how their diaspora works because it is effective and they have done alot for their land, more then any region in Somalia. PL is sleeping their is no question there. SL can learn how to provide social service delivery which I think it has truly failed in in all of its govt. It PL SL can learn this from each other, imagine what we can learn from other regional admins to grow. A strong somalia united in federalism with once face outside multiple hands inside

Dr Osman, unity among Somalis is a noble idea, but the reality today is that Somalis don't trust each other and those in the south don't know how to do

politics. So although I would love to see a single Somali nation whose citizens live in peace and harmony with one another, at the moment it is not in Somaliland's interest to share anything with Somalia.

Peace what business does Puntland have in Taleex, last time i checked last year i massacred the garaad clan there, if SL goes to taleex it has nothing to do with Puntland

By the way Somaliland has absolutely no beef with Puntland, Puntland is not in sool Khatumo is some parts of eastern sool, where is Puntland in all of this??

Detoore you dont understand Ethiopia is fine with the current status quo you dont understand the TPLF way of doing Politics the TPLF wanted to satisfy the bigfoot clan while not antagonizing the Somali federal government. Ethiopia wishes that there should be a future Border conflict between Somalia and Somaliland. So they allow it to be in the open.