Sign in to follow this  
SomaliPhilosopher

Chaos in Eastleigh

Hawdian   

Very ugly pictures need for the community mps and leaders to speak up and defend these innocent people. I was listening to ducaale kenyan parliment majority leader he was very angry and was treatng to leave kenyata Goverment if the police killings dont stop.

Wow the messages on twitter are very telling indeed. Are we seeing a repeat of Wagalla & Garrissa massacres? #Kasaraniconcentrationcamp

Hawdian   

I am really concerned about the situation of Somali refugees in Kenya. There seems to be somekind of Paramilitary action against an entire neighbourhood picking and imprisoning everyone they like even women and children, raping and kicking doors in their way. Currently I am looking through the website for MPs from Northern Kenya and also Muslim MPs from Coast Area. I am also searching for the website of the Kenyan President, Kenyan Interior minister and website for the Somali embassy. I am going to send them all a formal letter voicing my concerns about the situation of Somalis in Eastleigh and the police brutality of Kenyan authorities . These refugees are innocent and deserve to be treated justly and humanely in a free democract country.

I advice you all to also send emails to show your anger and call the Somali embassy as the President of Somaliya is visiting Kenya this Week.

Kenya House Parliament leader

http://www.dualefordujis.com/index.php?option=com_contact&view=contact&id=1&Itemid=50

website of Uhuru Kenyatta President

http://www.president.go.ke/ president Kenyatta

Somaliya Embassy in Nairobi

http://somaliembassyinkenya.so/

http://somaliembassyinkenya.so/contact-us/

admin@somaliembassy.co.ke

Telephone +254 (0) 202736618 somali embassy number call them until you get trough and show your anger.

Khayr   

Not to sound heartless but do you guys still call yourself "kenyan Somalis"?

I am really worried about that Somali community.

Sounds like another Central African Republic situation.

xabad   

<cite>
said:</cite>

Hwy being returned to whence they came. Crocodile tears.

This attitude is the downfall of somalis. a sangadudu doesn't distinguish between somalis or give rats about your clan, to them we are all woriyas, we are all in the same boat.

activate a few brain cells. even duale not known for being the sharpest tool couldn't take it anymore

Chaos in Eastleigh sure has taken a turn, with the first wave of Somalis deported on Wednesday; many possessed the proper legal papers, and most were women and children. Hassan Sheikh is done. This moment has surely tainted his career. He will not be able to revive. At least he will be able to keep his Nairobi home. Though, he will certainly have new neighbors. We shall patiently wait for new leadership in 2016 to come and let us down again once more.

^^ Many of the deportees were ID holders; some had mandates, which allowed them to stay in the city, the other alien cards for the camps. Even reports have it some Somali-Kenyans were deported. there is a case of a mentally ill man from Wajir who was deported to Mogadishu Wednesday And what do you mean get their papers? Kenya has closed registration for asylum seekers years ago....

Regardless of their circumstances, having a soldier with AK-47 standing a mother who just gave birth in detention is inhumane. If we set aside our tribal politics and see the human cost of this crackdown, no deserves this, not even us who are mostly responsible for failures.

SomaliPhilosopher

I personally know some guys who live and work in Eastleight (originally from Wajir) other than being stopped and asked for ID nothing was done to them. I have families and friends there in the hundreds some with business and others there for higher education. As longs as you got the papers don't worry about nothing. I know some police ask for money even after showing them your ID but, blame it on the rer soomaliya for teaching them those habits.

SomaliPhilosopher

I personally know some guys who live and work in Eastleight (originally from Wajir) other than being stopped and asked for ID nothing was done to them. I have families and friends there in the hundreds some with business and others there for higher education. As longs as you got the papers don't worry about nothing. I know some police ask for money even after showing them your ID but, blame it on the rer soomaliya for teaching them those habits.