Sign in to follow this  
Saalax

Corrupted Siilaanyo lays stones everywhere and makes false promises

The current government has done allot in terms of development Somaliland is not there yet but they laid the foundations for SL to move foward there are so many projects going on in the country whether its roads. if the government manages to lease the berbera port and gets a several hundred Million dollar investment for berbera and with a reasonable time limit to lease the port, and they manage to half finish the ceerigaabo and burco road. They will be re elected. The government messed up in other fronts such as press freedom and the last local elections were not to well. We should the criticize the government in those areas, but not if they want to build several ports in Somaliland even if they are small ports.

Xaaji I have been at home last two moths. yes their is some development going on but their is huge need and we are far from long way behind. We need to do match more to catch our neighbors (in number of area we are far more developed than our neighbors but in some of area behind). Half of the minsters of this government is working very hard (10 to 15 minsters) while other half is very corrupt and tribalist (mostly selected for tribal show).

We need that our opposition to become honest and analyse situation correctly and came with alternative plan like Kulmiye had plan when they ware opposition. Denying and laying will not help them to come on power.

Saalax   

Wiil Cusub Quoting something Mohamud Hashi Abdi (a well known crook) said doesn't

make your case seem more believeable.

Yes the Jigjiga airport did cost less than Hargeisa airport and it looks way better. 62.6 million birr is around 3.24 million dollars.

"The new Jijiga Airport launches operation today, Sunday, July 1, 2007, landing its first aircraft from Abyssinia Air Service. Akir Construction Plc, a local company, recently completed a 45m wide and three kilometre long runway for the Airport at a cost of 62.6 million Ethiopian Birr. "

http://www.ethiopiainsight.com/news/jijigas_new_airport.htm

Somaliland airport is still under construction even after that "10" million

and it looks not much different from how it looked like yesterday. So it is

either Siilaanyo stole the money or he hired a novice builders, who have

no idea what they are doing at all.

Somaliland: Vice-President Inspect Construction Work at Egal International Airport Thursday, 20 March 2014 21:15

http://somalilandsun.com/index.php/politics/government/5322-somaliland-vice-president-inspect-construction-work-at-egal-international-airport

ofcourse SL is far from there and it needs allot of improvement on many areas and the people of SL need to work together in order to achieve their goals. The oppositions have a golden opportunity to set up a real policy strategy goals vision what they want to achieve their problem is they are reactive, they are only pointing out what goes wrong but no altarnatives. this is where we are missing out SL needs a strong opposition we dont want a kulmiye dictatorship what SL needs is oppositon with a strategy and a vision and ideas new ideas. Kulmiye is not doing awefull they are doing good but we can do much better. Frankly the opposition could be worse than kulmiye,, and SL goes back , we need an opposition that is better than Kulmiye with innovative ideas with structure good leadership to move this nation forward.

<cite>
said:</cite>

Yes the Jigjiga airport did cost less than Hargeisa airport and it looks way better. 62.6 million birr is around 3.24 million dollars.

"The new Jijiga Airport launches operation today, Sunday, July 1, 2007, landing its first aircraft from Abyssinia Air Service. Akir Construction Plc, a local company, recently completed a 45m wide and three kilometre long runway for the Airport
at a cost of 62.6 million Ethiopian Birr

I never understand why SL opposition are one issue opposition they spend allot of energy and source about this airport and even doesn't understand data they are using.

Saalax information that you sharing with us is only about runway of Jigjiga airport and they spend another 3,7 M for terminal which takes more than 4 years to build. Simple school math shows 3.7+ 3.24= almost 7 M plus additional cost for lighting and sights (this project was start 2003 and the plase was Ethiopia with cheaper employers). Don't be corrupt with your analysis 10 M from Kuwait was for two airports.

We need more opposition renewing and improving than the government change. With out good opposition our state will be in trouble.

After more than three and a half years under construction and costing USD3.76million (ETB68.4million), the new passenger terminal at Jigjiga's "Garad Wilwal" Airport, Somali Regional National State, was finally inaugurated on 24 November 2012 by SRNS President, Abdi Omer Mohammed. The airport falls under the Ethiopian Airports Enterprise's jurisdiction.
"

This is where half of that fund goes

1901191_1445929152291038_1601708541_n.jp

1911655_1445928755624411_2069376944_n.jp

1891162_1445928215624465_1754572718_n.jp

<cite>

Silaanyo dhagax-dhige mise Siilaanyo xadhig-jare?

Qofkii in-xun arag ahi miduunbuu arkaa maskaxdiisa corrupt ka ahina ay u sheegtaa. Beentu lug qudha oo la qabtay leedahay waa kuwan wuxuu xadhig jaray:

IMG_00511-475x316.jpg

madaxtooyada burco

AGAASHAAN.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

8150463253_446ee404d3_z.jpg

IMG_015811.jpg

xadhig-ka-jar.jpg

darar21.jpg

dhismaha-kaluumaysiga.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRG2IT4F-B7YD7j3fpAm2W

bal adna, ya?

there's no need for faanfaan, xayeysiis and exaggerated bunbuunis. fadlan provide evidence of how these ''aesthetically appalling'' jacbur buildings were financed?

No Faaffaan only want show that Ahmed dhagaxdhige uu marar badan yahay Ahmed xadhig jare.

How they financed? just check this chart. External funds increase also almost same line due the better management and planing.

Budget-increase.png

Saalax   

Wiil Cusub nearly 7 million or 3 million it is still looks way better than

Hargeisa's "10 million" airport. cheap labor shouldn't be a excuse, there

is 85% unemployment in Somaliland on top of the Oromo residents in Somaliland

that needs jobs.

Salax wants to give jobs to oromos hahaha... Walahi salax that was funny.

Saxib no need for anger. Somaliland is a sovereign republic we voted in Dahir riyale Kahin who is the father of our democracy and army. Silanyo has to out due him and if you play your cards right in the next election maybe Wadani will have a shot I know for a fact if Wadani was in power you wouldn't be such a hater.

I am not a Kulmiye supporter but Walahi Silanyo is doing a good job...

Saalax   

It is democratic so you need to stop crying "stop critizing Siilaanyo" as if the place

is North Korea and he is Kim Jong Un , criticism

is part of democracy.

galbeedi   

Of course Siilaanyo is doing more. There are more money coming from donors. I will give him credit for attracting that money. Now the aid agencies who are in Hargeisa do not give direct money, but they finance projects. If WiilCusub investigates who paid for these projects we will all appreciate.

Development means improvement of public services and infrastructure building. I want to see the government money spent on hospitals, water wells, electricity grids and housing. I have yet to see one hospital built in Awdal, Gebiley or Sanaag. THree store buildings in Hargiesa by NGO is not a progress. There are $ 52 million dollars in the Somaliland development fund. all that money was donated. we need to see these money spent on roads, Hospitals, ports and and others.

Let us compare the money coming to Somaliland and what they will accomplish with. Siilaanyo has an opportunity to do these things. we are all watching.

<cite>

Video looks great except Dundumo and Buurta jifooyinka which is not build by Siilaanyo. I am not for Kulmiye too, but for development.

Hargeisa’s “10 million” airport. cheap

Saalax repeating same rhetoric doesn't help your argument come with some thing with more intellectual.

Of course Siilaanyo is doing more. There are more money coming from donors. I will give him credit for attracting that money. Now the aid agencies who are in Hargeisa do not give direct money, but they finance projects. If WiilCusub investigates who paid for these projects we will all appreciate.

Let us compare the money coming to Somaliland and what they will accomplish with. Siilaanyo has an opportunity to do these things. we are all watching.

Yes that is right way of discussion. What we so far know is that revenue increased from 35 M to 200 M and external funds is around 150 M which 50 M through SDF and the rest through NGO's.

according world bank report, Somaliland tax collection is very low and the government strides in strengthening budgeting and planning and enhancing revenue.

"Tax revenue as a percentage of GDP in Somaliland (approximately 7% in 2012) is less than half the sub-saharan African average. Historical low levels of domestic revenue have only been able to sustain core Government functions and maintain peace and stability. The lack of investment in social services, has taken a toll on human development."

<cite>

Video looks great except Dundumo and Buurta jifooyinka which is not build by Siilaanyo. I am not for Kulmiye too, but for development.

Hargeisa’s “10 million” airport. cheap

Saalax repeating same rhetoric doesn't help your argument come with some thing with more intellectual.

Yes that is right way of discussion. What we so far know is that revenue increased from 35 M to 200 M and external funds is around 150 M which 50 M through SDF and the rest through NGO's.

according world bank report, Somaliland tax collection is very low and the government strides in strengthening budgeting and planning and enhancing revenue.

"Tax revenue as a percentage of GDP in Somaliland (approximately 7% in 2012) is less than half the sub-saharan African average. Historical low levels of domestic revenue have only been able to sustain core Government functions and maintain peace and stability. The lack of investment in social services, has taken a toll on human development."

Saalax   

Wiil Cusub and being all over the place is intellectual on your part and parroting

something Mohamud Abdi Hashi said? I proofed you wrong and showed you the Jigjiga

airport costed less to build than Hargeisa airport and it looks way better. Whether

it is cheap labor advantage of Ethiopia or lack of equipment of the part of crook

Siilaanyo... we don't want excuses.

<cite>

Jigjiga airport costed less to build than Hargeisa airport and it looks way better.

I see you need more explanation to understand, Jigjiga airport costed 7 M for terminal and runway compared 9 M for runway in hargeisa and terminal in berbera.

I don't need to use minster's words to proof that, bat I referred him to show that they plan previous for two phases and two airports. Now my question to you is how do you know that Jigjiga terminal is match more better than Berbera terminal which isn't finished. Jigjiga terminal costed 3,7 and berbera one 4,5 including fens.

Anyway Siilanyo iyo dawladiiso galdaloolo laga duqeeyo oo badan way leedahay balse mucaarid la jeexjeexay wayday. Islaamahaa ku maahmaaha xxx ma adkee wax ka jilicsan buu helay, waa haddii aad fahmaysid