Sign in to follow this  
Dr_Osman

Hamar And Hargeisa Diaspora Invest In Their Land

Dr_Osman   

I have always wondered why puntland and jubbaland is lagging behind in the investment scene, i thought it was security, but once I saw mogadishu folks are investing in big projects in hamar, It surely can't be security.

But we have to be honest there is a huge difference in investment when compared to hargeisa and hamar, it's as if the ppl have no confidence whatsoever. U only need too look at some of the multi million dollar projects happening in mogadishu and hargeisa and compare that to puntland and jubbaland and it's mere joke.

What has caused this gap for puntland and jubbaland and please don't say security, cuz it clearly isn't. I am suprised, because if puntland and jubbaland have no confidence in investing in their own land, how will someone else. I've wondered about this for a while and am shocked why their isn't multi million dollar investments. I think bulaal cement is the only one at 32 milliion but I mean private business investment. For example look at salama bank in puntland it's a joke and there is many hotels that are a joke also

Dalmar1   

Sxb i dont know about you, but to me Bosasso is in the same league (or above) hargeisa in terms of development and beatification, if only you guys replaced Garowe for Bosasso for the Capital of Puntland state, as it has the potential to compete with Mogadishu!

null

the simple plain reason is because puntland lacks in every field, whether its economics, Infrastructure, geographical location, population, there is nothing to invest in and you will most likely be throwing your money down the drain. hence why nothing original ever comes out of puntland.

Detoore you are missing the point entirely Puntland diaspora have invested in cities such as garowe and Bosaaso but Puntlanders or their business elites preferred in the early 90s to invest in Kenya Nairobi epscially many people from bosaaso having allot of trucking companies and other grocery stores. because it was much more profitable at that time. I still think Bosaaso and garowe have improved allot the past 14 years and its not only the government who did that but the diaspora. Mogadishu residents are investing for them its perfect the market is their they have the population and its only the past 3 years and they have a head start since its the capital city despite the fighting and all of that. But Jubaland is still not secure its still risky no one wants to invest capital there for now. In Mogadishu u can hire private security to protect your investment despite the insecurity there it has allot of potential.

Bosaso Is half the size of burco and animals find it difficult to live there let alone people...

Burco and borama are more developed then bosaso as for garowe no need to comment.

Dalmar1   

<cite>
said:</cite>

We must always invest in First Capital city of Somalia and Second capital city of Somalia. Mogadishu, Hargeisa and Bosaaso are fine cities of Somalia

Most common sense of comments i have read so far read!

xabad   

Detoore, with all due respect the so called investments going on in Xamar and Hargeisa are Ponzi schemes -> a swindle in which a quick return, made up of money from new investors, on an initial investment lures the victim into much bigger risks. you can verify for your self.