Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

Islam and Hsexuality

Xabad...Warya. This is a discussion amongst Muslims so I suggest you stay out of it.

No one asked to hear the opinion of a deluded Atheist. I suggest you just read books which conform to your perverted ideology (Nietzsche, etc.)

xabad   

<cite>
said:</cite>

Xabad...Warya. This is a discussion amongst Muslims so I suggest you stay out of it.

No one asked to hear the opinion of a deluded Atheist. I suggest you just read books which conform to your perverted ideology (Nietzsche, etc.)

Honestly i just want to know the reason for his spirited support of Homosexuality in light of the unambiguous & unanimous Islamic condemnation of it. it makes no sense to me.

Tan kale, adigu why are you about atheist this and that, Nietzsche iyo nac nac kale, grow up man. Men debate vigorously and they move on, no need to harbor ill feelings for such a long time like bilcaamo. its not healthy.

Xabad I behave the same way towards Non-Somalis who have strong opinions on Somali internal issues. Or non-family members having strong opinions over what goes on within a family.

You stick to where you belong. It's the height of disrespect for you to get involved in a debate which you have no vested interest in.

Learn your place

xabad   

<cite>

I thought Xabad was banned? Has he been resurrected?

ssshhh! quiet

<cite>

Xabad I behave the same way towards
Non-Somalis who have strong opinions on Somali internal issues. Or non-family members having strong opinions over what goes on within a family.

You stick to where you belong. It's the height of disrespect for you to get involved in a debate which you have no vested interest in.

Learn your place

why not ??, I could be interested and have opinions about American Politics even if i a foreigner, or be be curious about the missing Malaysian Plane while not having relatives on board. Your excuse is lame. Your a sore loser.

Tallaabo   

<cite>

Its weird how
homosexuality is absolutely forbidden in Islam
yet it is in the most Islamic countries that you see it most practiced in the ME
:(

This is disputed.

How so? Have you not read the Quran chapters depicting the story of prophet L.O.T in his home city of Sodom? A city that received divine judgment from the almighty G.O.D.

Allyourbase

Tallaabo   

The story of Lot/Lut and his evil people in Sodom and Gomorrah cannot be used to condemn the natural homosexuals. In those verses of the Quran Almighty Allah told us that He punished the people of Lut including the prophet's wife for a long list of heinous crimes including anal rape(not different from what straight men do to each other in prisons), robbery, and most importantly refusal to accept Allah's apostle and the Devine message from the Lord. Gays, lesbians, and transgender people on the other hand are not guilty of those crimes (of course that is if they don't rape and rob people; and disbelieve in Allah and His messengers). So those Lut verses are taken completely out of context to justify the persecution and oppression of the gay people.

I am sorry but this is far fetched. What the people of Sodom and Gomorrah were punished for was not the rape as such but their choice of samesex intercourse:

“And (We sent) Lot when he said to his people: What! do you commit an indecency which any one in the world has not done before you? Most surely you come to males in lust besides females; nay you are an extravagant people. And the answer of his people was no other than that they said: Turn them out of your town, surely they are a people who seek to purify (themselves).

He even went to the troubles of offering the mob his own daughters (for intercourse) instead of his male guests (angels):

And his people came hastening to him, and before [this] they had been doing evil deeds. He said, "O my people, these are my daughters; they are purer for you. So fear Allah and do not disgrace me concerning my guests. Is there not among you a man of reason?"

It is thus clear that Islam's problem is not with the rape itself but with their choice of who to rape :(

AllYourBase, that was absolutely disgusting. You just inserted your own interpretations into a Quranic verse and implied that the Prophet Lot offered his own daughters for prostitution to deter them from homosexual acts! You are despicable

You blatantly lied here, inserted your own theories, and then slyly attempt to place the burden of proof on Tallaabo. If there's a deceptive character on this forum, it's you.

P.S. AllYourBase, due to your previous earlier inability to articulate a coherent worldview in which you can judge Islamic Doctrine, then all of your assertions and allegations against Islam automatically become invalid. Your copying/pasting material (which has been previously refuted) from anti-Islamic websites with no input of your own amounts to nothing but laziness and lack of thinking on your part.

Khayr   

<cite>

The story of Lot/Lut and his evil people in Sodom and Gomorrah cannot be used to condemn the natural homosexuals. In those verses of the Quran Almighty Allah told us that He punished the people of Lut including the prophet's wife for a long list of heinous crimes including anal rape(not different from what straight men do to each other in prisons), robbery, and most importantly refusal to accept Allah's apostle and the Devine message from the Lord. Gays, lesbians, and transgender people on the other hand are not guilty of those crimes (of course that is if they don't rape and rob people; and disbelieve in Allah and His messengers).

So those Lut verses are taken completely out of context to justify the persecution and oppression of the gay people.

Tallabo,

I am curious as to how you came to that conclusion.

Natural homosexuals? Can we use the same term and say Natural Murderers? Do you accept both because they are Natural?

Khayr   

<cite>

I am sorry but this is far fetched. What the people of Sodom and Gomorrah were punished for was not the rape as such but their choice of samesex intercourse:

“And (We sent) Lot when he said to his people: What! do you commit an indecency which any one in the world has not done before you?
Most surely you come to males in lust
besides females
; nay you are an extravagant people. And the answer of his people was no other than that they said: Turn them out of your town, surely they are a people who seek to purify (themselves).

He even went to the troubles of offering the mob his own daughters (for intercourse) instead of his male guests (angels):

And his people came hastening to him, and before [this] they had been doing evil deeds. He said, "O my people,
these are my daughters; they are purer for you
. So fear Allah and do not disgrace me concerning my guests. Is there not among you a man of reason?"

It is thus clear that Islam's problem is not with the rape itself but with their choice of who to rape
:(

Offbase,

You always baffle me. I can't have a debate with insanity. I only debate sane people.

Your conclusion is so far fetched that I am trying to figure out how you made those connections and rape and giving one's offsprings for rape?

<cite>

Offbase,

You always baffle me. I can't have a debate with insanity. I only debate sane people.

Your conclusion is so far fetched that I am trying to figure out how you made those connections and rape and giving one's offsprings for rape?

Bro....we should know by now AllYourBase's tactics. He's gonna make an untrue and sometimes a ridiculous claim, and then expect us Muslims to sink to his level by being forced to address him for the sake of clarity.

It's a disgusting game all around....being played by someone who has no intention on having his points addressed, but just registers for the point of smearing us.

Remember ....If you throw xaar at the wall.....The xaar might not stick. But it'll still leave a big stain on the wall. And that's his whole game here

<cite>

AllYourBase, that was absolutely disgusting.
You just inserted your own interpretations into a Quranic verse
and
implied
that the Prophet Lot
offered his own daughters for prostitution to deter them from homosexual acts!
You are despicable

You blatantly lied here, inserted your own theories, and then slyly attempt to place the burden of proof on Tallaabo. If there's a deceptive character on this forum, it's you.

P.S. AllYourBase, due to your previous earlier inability to articulate a coherent worldview in which you can judge Islamic Doctrine, then all of your assertions and allegations against Islam automatically become invalid. Your copying/pasting material (which has been previously refuted) from anti-Islamic websites with no input of your own amounts to nothing but laziness and lack of thinking on your part.

The good Doctor is here :)

How are you buddy? Hope all is well.

I am sorry to see that you are disgusted by that statement but sadly it is from the holy Quran, I actually offered very little in terms of interpretation. If you read the original Arabic, this is exactly what you will find :(

Lets have a looksie:

15_71.png

Which translates to:

"These are my daughters - if you would be doers"

Now the English translation adds an interpretive sentence that is not in the original Arabic:

"These are my daughters - if you would be doers [of lawful marriage]."

Which is clearly the work of apologists trying to insert their own interpretations to the Quranic verse.

So, please, lets just read the Quranic verse as it is if that is indeed what you want ;)