Sign in to follow this  
Mooge

Should our kids be allowed to touch dogs?

Mooge   

safferz, in our culture, it is considered to be unclean or nijazah, therefore I am concerned that our young generation is thought that it is ok to cuddle dogs.

Safferz   

From what I understand, the issue is that a dog's saliva will break your wudu. But beyond that, it's just cultural paranoia about dogs, there's nothing wrong with those kids petting one.

Mooge   

Safferz, it is not paranoia. somalis are facing cultural assault from everyone even here in africa. the assimilation police are pushing for whatever the West considers "normal" to be the adopted by somalis too. dogs are not normal pets to be cuddled in somali culture. we should keep that as it is and be proud of it instead of trying to appease Western values.

Safferz   

Who are the "assimilation police"? And who is forcing Somalis to have dogs as pets? You've managed to make all of these conclusions based on school kids petting a police dog?

funny thread.

lol@exchanges.

balse the question ought to be: should dogs be allowed to touch our children?

i have horrific memories of being attacked by dogs. to this day, i'm haunted by such memories. haunted.

<cite>
said:</cite>

what a brain dead culture. i think im somali by mistake.

Yeah, I think you should change your name, move to a town with no Somalis, and just blend in with the environment there.

And burn all the bridges that you previously had with Somalis or Somalia. If you want, maybe we can start a fundraiser on this forum to help make that possible :)

ugo   

Maybe i should create a new ethnic group from scratch, like the Ismailis. i admire them alot, very united, orderly and entrepreneurial.

Khayr   

<cite>
said:</cite>

Yeah, I think you should change your name, move to a town with no Somalis, and just blend in with the environment there.

And burn all the bridges that you previously had with Somalis or Somalia. If you want, maybe we can start a fundraiser on this forum to help make that possible
:)

I will be one of the first donors. Sign me up.

Hawdian   

Me 2 I am willing to donate if this UGO guy leaves SOL. Also I am willing to pay for his trip to the goldengate bridge in lovely Sanfrancisco one jump thats all it takes. @ admin - do not delete this comment - its as good as it'd get. Btw the police dogs look good , we need more somali police officers M