Sign in to follow this  
Hassan1508736697

So the renegade Professor Ahmed Samatar is giving lecture here! Got question?

Reeyo   

I highly doubt he'd honestly answer any serious questions.

I recently had the misfortune to meet his dullness and I verify he is not a scholar of any standing nor should he claim to be.(I was honestly disappointed!)

He should not be honored but advised to stop claiming fame in such way, his hypocrisy stinks. And please stop claiming him as scholar!

Walaal, I'm am so disgusted by him that I intent to ask him very penetrating question.

I was thinking asking him

"Sir, is it fair for some of us to ask, considering your flip flopping political platform, that you are equally opportunist like the American foreign policies on the Arab Middle East in regards to abandoning ship when their hand picke man is about to be toppled that they side with the revolutionists?"

galbeedi   

Sister, I know you are angry, but separate your emotions from the reality. Of course a large number of Somalis are angry by his switching allegiance to Somaliland, and they are every right to be. You can condom him as much as you like, but do not deny the reality. He is the only and the first Somali Dean of major collage in North America, and he became probably before you were born in 1990.

He wrote many books, lectured many major universities around the world. Haday tahayse Quraankaan Dhameeyey, kaase akhrisan maayo waa arin kale.

Ninkan su'aasha uurks la lahow, waadigan Iclaaminaya in aad dagaal tagaysee, Allah ha kuu fududeeyo.

@Galbeed..I'm clean hearted that I can detect a poison from a mike away. Therefore I'm going there in order to call a spade a spade. I assure you I hail from Somaliland but I despise every deceiving politician in the whole of greater Somalia.

Sidaa darteed cey da jooji ma'am!

<cite>
said:</cite>

^ having a PhD and a cushy job does not make him an intellectual, or any less mediocre than he is.

I am surprised we have the same ideology. Although you see me as a lunatic. I don't blame you cause I consider myself a lunatic.

galbeedi   

Hassan, of course he has a lot to answer and i hope you take him to task. My beef is with Hablaha. I never mentioned about a PHD, but I thought in this part of the world credit and qualifications are worth some thing. Being a dean is not something a Phd will buy you sister. If this is cushy job, a lot of Maryooley could have achieved.

Having said that, Being a good scholar doesn't necessarily mean a good politician. Retail politics is totally a different animal.

<cite>
said:</cite>

Hassan, of course he has a lot to answer and i hope you take him to task. My beef is with Hablaha. I never mentioned about a PHD, but I thought in this part of the world credit and qualifications are worth some thing. Being a dean is not something a Phd will buy you sister. If this is cushy job, a lot of Maryooley could have achieved.

Having said that, Being a good scholar doesn't necessarily mean a good politician. Retail politics is totally a different animal.

I know the school the he spend great time of his career and it is a little miniature unpretentious college in the middle of that rigid artic hell-hole called Minnesota. So I urge you to study your point of argument. It is sad we put any Somali professor at such a high pedestal that we forget that there's so many flawed professors around, some who are lunatics. Heck, my own best friend is an assistant professor and we spend majority of the time talking about how we banged her and her.

Hawdian   

Typical certain people, for 40 years he believed in somaliweym and all the beenta somalinimo. Then Ahmed samatar was the smartest,the best Now that he says the truth about Koonfuria poltics and its rotten elite he is nothing for u hypocrites . Ahmed Samatar record is not for discussion , he was is what he is .Ahmed loves ummada somaliyeed 10 times more than those hypocrites thats for sure.

Tallaabo   

I think he is an honest man and stood for what he believed when he was in Mogadishu and still stands for what he believes now in Somaliland.