Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Former President of Puntland, Abdirahman Farole is mulling over a proposal to join Federal politics

Admin   

Abdirahman_Farole

(Somalia Online) - Former President of Puntland, Abdirahman Mohamud Faroole, is said to be in Nairobi for a private summit with the international community about Somalia’s future.

According to reliable sources close to the former President, the European Union and other Western representatives invited President Faroole to Nairobi for a private discussion about Somalia’s future and how he can take part in the efforts to take the country out of the current turmoil.

The tough talking former President who is credited with crushing Puntland’s own version of Al-Shabab, and eliminating the region’s piracy hubs is seen by the international community as a strong contender suitable for a stint in federal politics.

“The president gave his opinion on what is happening and how he thinks the country’s problems can be fixed” said a source close to the former President. “Faroole made it clear that the nation needs a tough leadership able to sincerely tackle the Al-shabaab problem.”

The former Puntland President is said to have told Western representatives that he would only be interested in federal politics if there was a high level of autonomy for the implementation of his policies, free from foreign interference. Sources close the President said that the President will take his time before making a decision to enter Somali politics again.

The former President who led the autonomous region of Puntland for five years, was widely praised as a democrat for his smooth handover of power after losing his re-election bid by one single vote. He lost the election to Somalia’s former Prime Minister, Abdiweli Ali Gas.

News Snippet

http://www.somaliaonline.com/former-president-of-puntland-abdirahman-farole-is-mulling-over-a-proposal-to-join-federal-politics/

Dr_Osman   

If these rumours are true, I doubt the legend is going to mogadishu with hassan shaykh there, if he will go anywhere before the next somalia election it would be jubbaland, but I highly doubt he is returning to politics and if he does it would be for president of Somalia in the next election.

<cite>
said:</cite>

If these rumours are true, I doubt the legend is going to mogadishu with hassan shaykh there, if he will go anywhere before the next somalia election it would be jubbaland, but I highly doubt he is returning to politics and if he does it would be for president of Somalia in the next election.

It is undesirable to have Faroole as president of Somalia. It would be adding more fuel to the already fragile political situation in Somalia.

He can dream of becoming president of Jubba State. I support that!

galbeedi   

Waar ilayn anagaa wax aragnay, juba state cid walba miyey ka noqonaysaa. I thought the guy was from Garoowe.

More logical will be probably Prime Minister. He could deal tough to Al-shabaab hideouts in Mogadishu.

Forole without his sons and Aran Jaan will be kind of leader Somalia needs at this moment, strong, macangag and doesn't haven't friends in Mogadishu and neither likes Alshabab. i know many won't like him in Mog. but who cares! as they said in xagaas iyo Bariga.

if Faroole becomes a president in Mogadishu, Alshabab will think twice. The first thing in his menu will be all out war and 'karbaash' against the bad boys. But there is one problem though - Mogadishans hate that ' cowboy' more than Amxaar. They would do every trick in their book to sabotage him.

Mogadishans will never accept any President other than someone from their turf. It is naive for anyone to compete for the presidency if he is not a native of Benadir.

Naïveté, coupled with abject buffoonery, is the sole prerogative of any individual who believes in this day and age, that the presidency of the Somali Federal Government is only exclusive to a subsection of the Somali people!

galbeedi   

THey may have logistical advantage, but anyone who have the skill and organization could win. I never never believe that power is given. Mahiigaan , you must take it, then exercise it.

Holac   

Farole is one tough, mad nut. A friend of mine who knows the guy told me that when Faroole walks into an office, everyone, from secretary to director, pretends to be busy just avoid his wrath. He hates lazy people sitting around doing nothing. :)

He is the bad mean CEO that everyone fears. Even Alshabab goes into hiding upon hearing his name.

What a load of bull... Farole was the man who single handedley used the pirate enclave as a wallet for what he could get. He added to piracy, there were protests in lack of wages from the small civil service and army.

Alshabab has reached the outskirts of bosaso and kill military leaders and kill people upon request.

Farole has lost territory and reduced the Pirate enclave to the same status as Ugandisho.

Only pirates take the man seriously. Hag don't and the man doesn't have the pr, ability to be anything.