Sign in to follow this  
Hassan1508736697

Avoid having a wedding video if you intend to get marry

Stopped by cousin's house as she was watching her sister's wedding from 6 years ago.

I knew everyone in it but the reason I'm saying don't do it is because a lot of the people in the video are dead.

I really avoid watching it but I came and sat at the living room to watch it for a bit.

Walahi this world is temporary.

Tallaabo   

A mere six years and a lot of the people in the video are dead!! That is sad. Ilaahay dhamaantood ha u naxariisto. Indeed our life in this world is very short.

Tallabo, Walaal been kuuma sheegayo, about 5 people in the video died. Their age ranged from 25-60.

Now video is rendered unwatchable because of the murugta kugu dhacaysa!

So if you aren't married yet make sure the camera don't stay on someone for far too long bc you'll c marxuum staring at you

Would it make any difference if say they were in photos? Why limit to only wedding videos? Our loved ones would die regardless, so if you see their faces in still or motion pictures, or even if their names are mentioned; you will always feel emotional about their loss. Allah Yarxamu intii kaa dhimatay.

Mooge   

that is terrible niyoow.

are there any SOLers dead? what about people's posts. to read their comments. how would one feel?

Tallaabo   

I think it is good to have photographs, voice recordings, and video footages of dead relatives and friends. Watching their photos and videos or listening to their voices would bring back memories of our time with them and induce us to pray for their soul.

Mooge, reading dead SOLer's posts is just like reading a dead author's books.

Holac   

Death is a natural process that should not be feared. The initial sadness slowly turns into fond memories, therefore it is important to not act on emotions and destroy memories in a rush.

True, no need to fear death but nostalgia is much worse for sensitive people like me; no need for all the photos and videos (those Europeans keep ancestors paintings on walls).