Sign in to follow this  
Mooge

South West Federal State - is it practical?

Mooge   

they just approved constitutions, parliament and all other dowlad goboleed stuff. but are these people for real? do they think that they can rule juba, middle juba and gedo?

why are they wasting their time?

13.jpg

galbeedi   

During A/laahi Yusus's term, the idea of Six South West State was discussed both in Baidoa and Puntland. The revolution community in Gedo could be a junior partner, so is the Water Maal. By far, they are the largest in these region. If you combine The Jareer Wayne, D & M, Water Maal , Gedo community, and many others, they could easily form the super majority of the population. The biggest hurdle that can prevent is the foreign powers, especially the neighboring countries. Without their blessing, No Somali entity is capable of organizing and setting up any meaningful system without the help of their proxies. Constant quarrel (Isqabqabsi) makes it impossible. They need the Master with a big stick to put them in line. Do you think Prof. Gaandhi would have accepted a Jubba run by a warlord Madoobe? No. It is not up to the attendees of the "shir"in Baiddoa who will eventually decide the so called six states.

isn't Juba"land" a fait accompli, they should woo the people of Lower Shabeele to their side but I think they will be out maneuvered and Banaadir state will become a reality first.

Miyir   

<cite>
said:</cite>

isn't Juba"land" a fait accompli, they should woo the people of Lower Shabeele to their side but I think they will be out maneuvered and Banaadir state will become a reality first.

<cite>

During A/laahi Yusus's term, the idea of Six South West State was discussed both in Baidoa and Puntland. The revolution community in Gedo could be a junior partner, so is the Water Maal. By far, they are the largest in these region. If you combine The Jareer Wayne, D & M, Water Maal , Gedo community, and many others, they could easily form the super majority of the population. The biggest hurdle that can prevent is the foreign powers, especially the neighboring countries. Without their blessing, No Somali entity is capable of organizing and setting up any meaningful system without the help of their proxies. Constant quarrel (Isqabqabsi) makes it impossible. They need the Master with a big stick to put them in line. Do you think Prof. Gaandhi would have accepted a Jubba run by a warlord Madoobe? No. It is not up to the attendees of the "shir"in Baiddoa who will eventually decide the so called six states.

They had every opportunity to build own state but Jawari and Qoslaye misled them hence the anger.

why the landers got problem only with Jubaland and Madoobe? Gedo folks and Madoobe folks both D block sax, why Gedo folks will support MMA folks against their own? watermalians mostly around Shabeele.

Six states great idea but a bit too late I guess

galbeedi   

Look, the Gedo community, regardless of what dictator Siyaad Barre did are a nationalist community. In the south west of Somalia, they are the vanguards of the land. Without them, Kenya could have annexed Jubbaland long time ago.In the nineties they prevented Warlord Morgan, who was aided by Ethiopia to put up shop in Kismayo. Saaxiib, the issue is not Qabiil but the future survival of the country. We all know the era of the warlords is gone, how come a known warlord who was member of al-shabaab and companion of Aways is ruling the land.

If Indhacade becomes a governor , all of you will call him names but not one of your own. These are the same guys who called Muuse Suudi, Al-Xaaji Suudi when he was against Abdul Qasim.

Miyir   

<cite>

Look, the Gedo community, regardless of what dictator Siyaad Barre did are a nationalist community. In the south west of Somalia, they are the vanguards of the land. Without them, Kenya could have annexed Jubbaland long time ago.In the nineties they prevented Warlord Morgan, who was aided by Ethiopia to put up shop in Kismayo. Saaxiib, the issue is not Qabiil but the future survival of the country. We all know the era of the warlords is gone, how come a known warlord who was member of al-shabaab and companion of Aways is ruling the land.

If Indhacade becomes a governor , all of you will call him names but not one of your own. These are the same guys who called Muuse Suudi, Al-Xaaji Suudi when he was against Abdul Qasim.

What a twisted logic! Yeah Gedo folks not driven by tribalism? the only nationalist in Somalia? what a noble tribe!! what next?

I pointed Landers mad obsession with Jubland and you have not disappointed, I noo wad sheegada

galbeedi   

Miyir, Saaxiib no body is noble among Maryooley, but there is a measuring stick on the issue of power and the threshold one must cross to attain it.. Some would go the extra mile including riding on the back of Sawaaxili or Ethiopian. I am not talking about "Jabhadihii". Look the Kacaan Community had the opportunity to bring Ethiopia or Kenya. They had the man power and geographical proximity on both, yet , they decided to exercise what ever Somali muscle they had rather than introduce a foreign power to a country that is desperate for Somali rule. Also throughout Somali history, I know a warlord will never bring peace or prosperity. I don't mind if you bring prof. Gaandhi to run it, at least he is a decent man.

galbeedi   

Che, the wise man , I think i have yet to learn how to write one single sentences that says all. like you, but I will try. Thanks.

Miyir   

<cite>

Miyir, Saaxiib no body is noble among Maryooley, b
ut there is a measuring stick on the issue of power and the threshold one must cross to attain it
Some would go the extra mile including riding on the back of Sawaaxili or Ethiopian.
I am not talking about "Jabhadihii". Look the Kacaan Community had the opportunity to bring Ethiopia or Kenya. They had the man power and geographical proximity on both, yet , they decided to exercise what ever Somali muscle they had rather than introduce a foreign power to a country that is desperate for Somali rule. Also throughout Somali history, I know a warlord will never bring peace or prosperity. I don't mind if you bring prof. Gaandhi to run it, at least he is a decent man.

lol not bad, do you mean you the Landers?

Waw love fest suddenly for Gedo Community! Ethiopian army not occupying Gedo? They do whatever they want, worse then how they treat Somali galbeed, telling local militia to stay outside own cities so they only can stay inside the cities and prison in Doolow jail daily the local leaders as they wish! Its ok bro, I know no one told you?

why not face the elephant in the room, so we can move to next topic?

The one you vehemently believe and defend day in and out on SOL in Waqooyi Bari consists only Bari and Nugaal and a bit of Mudug, yet claims the whole of Sanaag, Sool and Mudug. Yet in your mind, this 'is it practical' question never occured to you, did it?

Anyway, this six gobol federation is not new. It started in '50s. C/qaadir Soobe and his urur (HDM) ayaana ka koow ahaa who believed this. It was called Alta Jubba, the historical lands that were united and shared Afmaayga iyo dhaqan hoosaaadkoda u gaar ah, not qabiil unity. Before Talyaaniga came, those lands were ruled from Luuq (Garaadyadii) iyo Afgooye. Labadaas meel boqortooyadii ka talineysay, who were rivals sometimes, ayee u qeybsaneyd goboladaan. Their lingua franca was Afmaay.

Do I however believe this? No. I am against federalism, every aspect of it, especially instituted clan federalism. It is wrong for Soomaalida iyo Soomaaliya. Laakiin I can understand malaaqyada's position. If Axmed Madoobe can claim Luuq, Saakoow, Kismaayo, Baardheere, Bu'aale iyo Ceelwaaq, yaa u diidaayo iyagana inay claim gareeyaan Afmadoow iyo Dhoobleey.

Miyir   

MMA relax Im after landers fake nationalism when mentioned Jubaland.

The six State great idea if implanted and I believe eventually its going to happen for economic reasons, I don't think the reason FG supported was sincere at all.

MMA you need to start somewhere, 2014 not 50's, They had better chance if they allied with other states as Jubaland folks done, instead following Qoslaye's fake promises.

If Cadale's wish with Qoslaaye's support comes true Baydhabo folks may end with 2 states, the blame lies squarely Baydhabo folks wishy washy politicians.

Hawdian   

Its the Same Game just a different day. This Country was made of two regions in 1960, one north A British Somaliland, One South an Italia Somalia.Both Populated by many clans small and large united by samecustoms,cluture,religion and so on. Clan Federalism in 2014 is supported by greedy politicians and foreign nations who want to the divide the people and make families hate each other just like the Siyadist regime divided and made people who lived together thousands of years kill their families and neigbours ( Genocide of 1 millions somali , Civilians Population Killed in Hargeisa and Burco 100,000 by Somali republic National Army SNA) . Because of Siyadest regime we have today a divide people and total lack of believe in poltician elite, what clan federalism supported by foregin nd local Powers will archive we will see in 20-30 years time. until then let those who believe in this Yell Toolkiga are bigger than yours right?

So let the D&M claim 6 or 7 or 10 gobols why not.