Sign in to follow this  
Che -Guevara

Abdirizak Haji Hussein Has Passed Away

Eebe waxa aan uga baryayaa in uu ugu dambe dhaafo marxuum Cabdirizaak Xaaji Xuseen wanaagii uu u falay ummadda Soomaaliyeed, hogaankii hufaan oo ku dhisnaa eex la’aanta iyo sinaanta intuu uu Ra’iisul Wasaaraha Jamhuuriyada Soomaaliya ahaa iyo waliba mowqifkii adkaa oo uu ka istaagay dagaalada sokeeye oo u mar walba ku talinayey in dadka iyo dalka la badbaadiyo.

Mr. Abdirizak (AUN) was born ahead of his time. Without getting schooled in economics, he had a natural talent to grasp its tenets. The following is an extract from an interview he had with The National Review in January, 1967:

“The first and forest task is the development of our agricultural and live-stock resources. These are basic for our survival as well as progress. The base of our national prosperity will continue to be agriculture. Once we are self-sufficient in food we will be free to think of other economic and social developments. To this end, we have recent set up an Agricultural Development Agency. I would wish it to follow down-to-earth policies. It should not live in an ivory tower and content itself by merely giving advice to individual cultivators or co-operatives. That is not what we expect from it. I would like it to clear the land along the two rivers either itself or through community development schemes. Its usefulness should be judged by the area it clears in a year and brings under cultivation. This should be its main work and I would make a start in this respect immediately. I realise, of course, that the success of this Agency is mainly dependent on the funds it has at its disposal.”