Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Somalis protest against the adoption of a Somali child by a lesbian couple

Safferz   

<cite>
said:</cite>

I shared Safferz's stance initially, but this certainly changes things.

I'm a little confused as to why the state is even involved in selecting a foster/adoptive home for the children in the first place, which leads me to believe there's more to the story that we're not aware of. You would think a mother who cannot care for her children would have extended relatives take over for her much earlier than this - private custody agreements and adoptions exist, where the parent signs over her rights to the children - but here it seems the children were taken away. But I don't know enough about the UK's system to comment.

If these Lesbo's kept quiet about their sexuality, none of this would've happened.

Just curious, was the kid they were trying to adopt a boy or a girl?

Alhamdullilah.

Yesterday I saw this Scandinavian woman on the bus with a little Somali girl, this is the UK so I thought most likely she adopted her. My heart stopped because I knew legally I can't do anything about it. I hope insha'Allah the little girl finds her way back to Islam.

These are the reasons Somalis should stay in touch with each other, so the gaalos don't take our little ones.

Yaa Allah forgive us for neglecting our kids.

Khayr   

The sad reality is that when it comes to adopting, it is the white middle class applicants that are usually accepted as potential adopters. There are barriers to entry that are difficult to overcome

i.e. racism