Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Nuradin Farah: If you want peace in Somalia, half of all positions of power must be given to women

Safferz   

He can be a real douchebag sometimes and this interview is no exception, but he's on point when it comes to Somali women.

I agree with Nuradiin.

Isn't it sad, out of 25 ministers only 2 are women? Even when they were 10 ministers on 2 were women, no change at all.

In the end, Somali women are the ones who gonna save this country from hell.

Do you know where the problem lies? 90% of our Xalimos don't have skill set to qualify them to hold high posts, I know Somali Men are to blame on that partly. Secondly Somali women have done excellent work in keeping our families together and being the breadwinners for the past 24 years, but in politics trust me they are more corrupt and clannish than most men.

He is one of Somalia's most accomplished writers. Lucky for him that he was born in the right time in Somalia.

I think the gov't should consciously target key ministries for female leadership, competent female leadership, areas like education, health etc. I believe that they might have a better chance in delivering for the people than men do.

but in politics trust me they are more corrupt and clannish than most men.

That can't be true. Very few are and I believe their maternal instincts would never allow most of them to be as cruel as the men are.

Alle uma abuurin caynkaas.

<cite>
said:</cite>

I think the gov't should consciously target key ministries for female leadership, competent female leadership, areas like education, health etc. I believe that they might have a better chance in delivering for the people than men do.

I couldn't agree with you more. We all witnessed what Dr. Maryam Qasim accomplished when she was assigned to be the minister of health and education. She managed to improve the health system, built schools for thousands of children. Basically, women are best suited for such positions.

<cite>
said:</cite>

I couldn't agree with you more. We all witnessed what Dr. Maryam Qasim accomplished when she was assigned to be the minister of health and education. She managed to improve the health system, built schools for thousands of children. Basically, women are best suited for such positions.

Can you give me concrete examples of how she improved the health system? As far as her education efforts, have you read "Somalia's Go 2 School programme halted for non-payment of teacher salaries"

I like Maryam Qasim, but objectivity is key.

Hawdian   

Nurradin farax iyo qaar kalo badan oo isku sheega mutacalimta somaliyed waxan ku hadlayaan cidna ma fahameyso. Waa sheeko iska hadal ax , yaa u didaya dumar amba ragga iney dalkoda hoyo cawiyan. Mise waa qasan inu qof kasto noqdo siyasi. Hadad jashy siyasda amba xilka horta ummadi kalson ma kugu ledahey .

Mooge   

Jacpher be careful because nurediin will call you illiterate or semi-literate like he does against somalis. He thinks somalis have low intelligence and cant read his fiction.

I wish that was true, but Somali women are even more tribalist than men. I'm all for giving them 1/2 of all positions, they earned it and more but I'm not naive enough to think that will change things dramatically.