Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Puntland's New President Appoints More Women to Key Cabinet Posts

Admin   

farxiyoyusuf

Somalia Online - Puntland’s new president, Abdiweli M. Ali Gas, has appointed more women to key cabinet positions than any of his predecessors. Puntland's newly announced cabinet includes five women ministers and deputy ministers.

Sahra Said Nur – Minister,  Constitution and Federal Affairs

Anisa Abdulkadir Sheikh Nur  -  Minister, Women and Family Affairs

Amina Mohamed Abdulahi - Deputy Minister, Health

Farhia Yusuf Hersi -  Deputy Minister, Women and Family Affairs

Saida Hussein Ali Gees - Deputy Minister, Agriculture

News Snippet

http://www.somaliaonline.com/puntlands-new-president-appoints-more-women-to-key-cabinet-posts/

Mooge   

wonderful news walahi.

women are the most productive in our people and they should be given high positions. abdiweli is married to an intelligent woman who is a professor of economics herself and she is in garowe right now building puntland. i think she had a lot to do with this list.

nuune   

Just found out by telephone call that a lady who is a very close family member is appointed a minister, well done to you Anisa Abdulkadir Sheikh Nur for Minister, now xilkaaga ka soo bax.

I am still AGAINST kumanaanka wasiir uu magacaabey Madaxweyne Gaas, but applaud how he included more women in there.

nuune   

<cite>
said:</cite>

dumarka waa laf dhabarka qoyska iyo bulshada. hal dumar oo aad xiil uu magacoowda waxey wax tareysaa bulshada oo dhan.

Quote of the year, well done Alpha, I am glad now you support women causes, 31 days ago(2013), you were against them achieving higher positions in governments.

<cite>
said:</cite>

Quote of the year, well done
Alpha
, I am glad now you support women causes, 31 days ago(2013), you were against them achieving higher positions in governments.

yeah bro. a lot has changed, ma garatay? last year was last year but this year is this year. there's all sorts of possibilities on the horizon for Al.....because of this, i've now changed my stance on limiting women in politics. waad ila fahantahay imika sidaan ku arkay baan u maleyn?

Holac   

I applaud the decision to recognize Somali women's role in society and politics in general. It was long overdue.