Sign in to follow this  
Gheelle.T

List of Puntland's new Cabinet Ministers

GOALAHA WASIIRADA

Ismaaciil Maxamed Warsame Wasiirka Wasaaradda Caddaladda arimaha diinta

Axmwed Cilmi Cismaan (Karaash) Wasiirka Wasaaradda Arrimaha Gudaha iyo dowladaha hoose

Xasan Cismaan Maxamuud Alloore Wasiirka Wasaaradda Amniga

Shire Xaaji Faarax Wasiirka Wasaaradda Maaliyadda

Sahra Siciid Nuur Wasiirka Wasaaradda Dastuurka, Arrimaha Federaalka iyo Dimoqraadiyadda

Cali Axmed Faatax Wasiirka Wasaaradda Qorsheynta & Xiriirka Caalamiga ah

Cabdullaahi Cali Ducaale Wasiirka Wasaaradda Xaanada xoolaha

Cali Xaaji Warsame Wasiirka Wasaaradda Waxbarashada

Dr.Saadiq Eenow Wasiirka Wasaaradda Caaafimaadka

Cabdirashiid Maxamed Xirsi Wasiirka Wasaaradda Hawlaha Guud

Xasan Xaaji Siciid Xasan Wasiirka Wasaaradda Duulista Hawada & Garoomada

Cabdi Ismaaciil Boos Wasiirka Wasaaradda Beeraha iyo Waraabka

Cabdullaahi Jaamac Saalax Wasiirka Dekadaha iyo gaadiidka

Anisa Cabdulqaadir Xaaji Muumin Wasiirka Haweenka iyo arrimaha qoyska

abdinuur Cilmi Maxamuud (Biindhe) Wasiirka kaluumeysiga iyo kehyraadka badda

Guuleed Saalax barre Wasiirka Deegaanka dalxiiska iyo duurjoogta

Maxamed Xasan Soocadde Wasiirka ganacsiga iyo wershadaha

Cabdiraxmaan Shiikh Axmed Cabdulle Wasiirka Shaqada. Shaqaalaha Dhalinyarada

GOLAHA KU-XIGEENADA

Maxamesd Faarax aadan Wasiir ku xigeen Caddaaladda iyo Arrimaha Diinta

Cabdullaahi Xaashi Warsame Wasiir ku xigeenka Arrimaha gudaha iyo Dowladaha hoose

Cabdicasiis Maxamed Adam Wasiir ku xigeenka Amniga

Axmed Yaasiin Saalax Wasiir kuxigeenka Maaliyadda

Cabdiraxmaan Cabdi Ismaaciil Wasiir kuixgeen Dastuurka iyo Arrimaha federaalka

Siciid Faarax Maxamuud Wasiir ku xigeenka Qorsheynta & Xiriirka Caalamiga ah

Cabdiweli Seed Cilmi Wasiir ku xigeenka Xanaanada Xoolaha

Prof. Maxamed Cali Faarax Wasiir ku xigeenka Waxbarashada

Aamina maxamed Cabdullaahi Wasiir ku xigeenka caafimaadka

Nuur Axmed Yuasuf Wasiir kuixgeen Warfaafinta

Liibaan Beddel Maxamuud Wasiir ku xigeenka Hawlaha guud

Cabdullaahi Jaamac Aruurshe Wasiir kuixgeenka Duulistan & Garoomada

Siciido Xuseen Cali Gees Wasiir ku xigeenka Beera iyo Waraabka

Maxamuud Maxamed Cali Wasiir kuxigeenka kaluumeysiga iyo kheyraadka badda

Cabdirashiid Gaani Cali Wasiir kuxigeenka Dekadaha iyo gaadiidka badda

Cabdirisaaq Shire Ismaaciil Wasiir kuxigeenka Shaqada Shaqaalaha iyo Dhalinyarada

Farxiya Yusuf Xirsi Wasiir kuxigeen Haweenka iyo Arrimaha qoyska

Faarax Cali Cabdi Wasiir kuxigeen deegaanka Dalxiiska iyo duurjoogta

Cabdirisaaq Nuur Cumar Wasiir kuxigeenka ganacsiga iyo wershadaha

WASIIRU DOWLAYAAL

Axmed Siciid Cabdiraxmaan Wasiiru Dowlaha ganacsiga iyo wershadaha

Cabdiraxmaan Jaamac Kulmiye Wasiir dowlaha jkaluumeysiga & kehyraadka badda

Cali Yusuf Jaamac Wasiiru dowladaha arrimaha gudaha iyo dowladaha hoose

Bashiir Cabdiraxmaan Xaaji Gurxan Wasiiru dwolaha madaxtooyada iyo xiriirka gobolada

Dr.Maxamed Cabbaas Cumar, Wasiiru dowlaha madaxtooyada iyo xiriirka caalamiga ah

Cabdiqani Geele Maxamuud Wasiiru Dowlaha duulista hawada & garoomada

Cabdullaahi Jaamac Casli Wasiiru Dowladaha caafimaadka

Axmed Ibraahim Cawaale Wasiiru Dowladaha Qorsheynta & Xiriirka Caalamiga

Maxamuud Beeldaaje Faarax Wasiiru dowlaha Amniga

Among the new Ministers are Khaatuma's former presidents, Karaash and Bindhe. Also in the list are two of the presidential candidates, Shire Faarax, and Cali Xaaji.

ElPunto   

I don't believe Abdiweli delivered on his first test at all. If at the outset you decide to please every clan and constituency by naming a minister for them - then you're setting out on the wrong foot. There are too many ministers and hangers-on. Decision making will get bogged down and clear lines of responsibility and accountability will be lost. How can you hope to get things done in a reasonable manner with so many actors involved?

If he wants to engage the Khatumo consitituency, I'm not sure that the two previous presidents are people with the backing and support of their clan. In rewarding Cali Xaaji and other candidates for president - it reveals a naked quid pro quo that is at odds with choosing folks for ability. Is anyone familiar with Cali Xaaji as teacher/educator/planner or as Islamist cum businessman? At least Eenow is a doctor.

Finally as the article below hints at - this move ultimately shows weakness in the face of pressure - which is in the shark infested world of Somali politics is a big fail for any politician of good will.

From another Horseed article:

President Abdiweli Gaas had previously made public statements about the new cabinet, revealing that they will be much less than the previous Government of Abdirahman Farole and more experienced, but analysts believe that the new government has been enlarged in order to balance clan interests yet sources are saying the President was facing pressure from Clan elders in the past weeks.

http://horseedmedia.net/2014/01/28/somalia-puntland-president-abdiweli-gaas-names-new-cabinet-members/

Illyria   

It shows Gaas thought long and hard about his cabinet, and as he said yesterday to the MPs, he formed a cabinet to achieve his strategic programme, satisfy his political base, and calm major constituencies.

It is a blend of competent cadre of technicians for the coveted ministries that matter and a hotch-botch of political actors included to appease diverse constituencies for less coveted ministries and it might just work on all fronts.

To me, these two posts will make or break his presidency if they are intended to do what I think they are.

1. Foreign envoy - Dr. Maxamed Cabbaas Cumar (Wasiiru dawlaha madaxtooyada iyo xiriirka caalamiga ah)

2. National envoy - Bashiir Cabdiraxmaan Xaaji Gurxan (Wasiiru dawlaha madaxtooyada iyo xiriirka gobolada).

Best of luck to them.

ElPunto   

^Cadre of technicians for coveted ministries? Coveted ministries and appointements:

Amniga - Allore

Maliyada - Shire Xaaji

Waxbarashada - Cali Xaaji

Caafimaadka - Eenow

Unless I'm mistaken - all of these were folks who ran against him.

Illyria   

These are the ministries that matter: Planning, treasury, interior, security, education, health and justice.

And true, 3 of the appointed ministries were presidential candidates, which does not disqualify them, but Dr. Eenow (a medical doctor), Shire H. (a successful financier and entrepreneur) and Ali H. (an educated young businessman) are very capable individuals who can carry the weight. are you disputing their proficiency?

Mooge   

this is a great day for puntland. i always thought cabdiweli would do great things. it is a celebration in nairobi tonight. waa la wada sugayey this cabinet.

elpunto, i think your heart is in the right place. but my brother, do you know that ali haji is a highly qualified politician who is highly respected in every corner puntland? do you also know that all the elite schools in puntland is controlled, run and funded by wadaadada? ali haaji ragiisaa iskulada dhan ran gareya niyoow. :)

elpunto, abdiwli did what he had to do to move the state forward. i know you wanted the best for puntland and would have liked smaller cabinet like me but niyoow this time he expanded the cabinet to make all clans happy and supportive of his agenda. it was a smart political move.

on the question of appointing challengers to key posts, this shows his maturity and willingness to work with everyone. Ali Haji didn't vote for Abdiweli. they MPs supporting Ali haji thought Abdiweli was the better choice than faroole at the moment and they votes for him.

ElPunto   

^We'll see how it works out Mooge. I've never seen a situation in Somali politics where appointing more people results in better decisions or lasting support from constituents that you aimed to please with the appointments.

<cite>
said:</cite>

These are the ministries that matter: Planning, treasury, interior, security, education, health and justice.

And true, 3 of the appointed ministries were presidential candidates, which does not disqualify them, but Dr. Eenow (a medical doctor), Shire H. (a successful financier and entrepreneur) and Ali H. (an educated young businessman) are very capable individuals who can carry the weight. are you disputing their proficiency?

It is not a matter of proficiency. I'm sure you could find other proficient individuals. It is a matter of perception. And no it is not a magnanimous gesture a la Obama appointing Hilary Secretary of State as Mooge would like to believe. It is a straight forward quid pro quo that harkens back to old scratch your back politics. Abdiweli was supposed to be the new leaf - not the one perpetuating old style politics.

I still don't see what Cali Xaaji brings to the table in education. Is there anywhere where we can get the job descriptions of the Wasiir Cafimaadka and Wasiraha Dowlaha Caafimaadka? I for one can't fathom a real difference.

Illyria   

El Punta

Let me explain so may be you can see where I am coming from.

The job of the minister is to set the stategic policies of the ministry, and not run its day to day operations. that is the job of the director general or managers, therefore does not necessary have to be trained in the field, although it helps if he or she is, and as long as the minister can set the policies of the ministry, and he is a good manager, then he meets the requirement.

for example, Juxa (education) and Cali A. Warsame (health) were the two most effective ministries of Faroole's cabinet. neither was trained in their field, but had a vision of the job, and both have done very well. Juxa was a journalist (masters in journalism) and Ali A. Warsame was an educationalist (PhD in education). so you see, it is all about your proficiency in getting the job done, and not your field of study.

Illyria   

And with these men in charge and working as a team, I do not think in lagu khasaari doono even if they may not perform miracles as expected by the general public.

Dr. Gaas

Rw-Gaas.jpg

Eng. Camey

camey1-740x493.jpg

Dr. Saadiq Eenow

Eenow.jpg

Shire H. Farah

shire_xaaji-697x381.jpg

Ali H. Warsame

cali_xaaji-650x491-300x226.jpg

Dr. Ali A. Fatah - if he is the scientist, then he is a great man to have on board.

CaalimAxmedFaatax.jpg

Ahmed Karaash

IMG_0849.jpg

Biindhe

Xaflad_lagu_taageeyraayo_Khaatumo_3.jpg