Sign in to follow this  
thefuturenow

We Have Sunk to a New Low

galbeedi   

Are you just waking up in 2014?, Kenya is what made Madoobe a King. how else would a former Al-shabbab "horjooge" and warlord could become a President. it has always been and still is, the only trick in the book to gain power in Somalia.

What do you expect? The south is dependent on foreign troops, and the Juba was formed as power play by the Kenyans and their allies. If AMISOM suddenly decided to withdraw I'd expect far bigger demonstrations as the terrorists will recapture everything in few months.

<cite>
said:</cite>

Are you just waking up in 2014?, Kenya is what made Madoobe a King. how else would a former Al-shabbab "horjooge" and warlord could become a President. it has always been and still is, the only trick in the book to gain power in Somalia.

It is one thing for a third-world moos republic to interfere with one section of your country---it is entirely another for their forces to make SIMILAR looking signs, distribute it to your population, and watch them march.

I yield that we have been physically conquered. But I fear that our minds and--the ever fervent Somali spirit--have been subdued as well.

galbeedi   

Yes, we have been subdued. we were always poor but proud and free. We roomed the land unhindered by the colonial yoke.Think about the great Darwish, who in the turn of twentieth century told the mighty British, who were the superpower of the that era that " Dalka Malihid Anigaa Ku Idhi Dooroolaha e". Do the new generation of Sol dwellers know the meaning of "Dooro". Also ask them if they can name one or two Somali heroes of their time. I bet they will name C/laahi Yusuf, Siilaanyo and Caydiid.