Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Amal Farah, a Somali immmigrant living in the UK, is disowned by her family after declaring she is an atheist

do y'all not get tired of engaging in such conversations. same points, often same people, same outcome. neither party sees the "light". Instead lights go out. you go sleep. and wake up and do it all over again another day another thread. its like the story of sisyphus. but the question is to y'all Team A and B who punished you to such fate.

For today's victims........

AYB- let go of your insecurities

the Doctor- let go of your ego

Khayr- let go of weed

Safferz   

<cite>
said:</cite>

do y'all not get tired of engaging in such conversations. same points, often same people, same outcome. neither party sees the "light". Instead lights go out. you go sleep. and wake up and do it all over again another day another thread. its like the story of sisyphus. but the question is to y'all Team A and B who punished you to such fate.

For today's victims........

AYB- let go of your insecurities

the Doctor- let go of your ego

Khayr- let go of weed

+1 and I appreciate the Sisyphus reference, well done SP :P

Khayr   

يَا أَيُّهَا الرَّسُولُ لَا يَحْزُنكَ الَّذِينَ يُسَارِعُونَ فِي الْكُفْرِ مِنَ الَّذِينَ قَالُوا آمَنَّا بِأَفْوَاهِهِمْ وَلَمْ تُؤْمِن قُلُوبُهُمْ وَمِنَ الَّذِينَ هَادُوا سَمَّاعُونَ لِلْكَذِبِ سَمَّاعُونَ لِقَوْمٍ آخَرِينَ لَمْ يَأْتُوكَ يُحَرِّفُونَ الْكَلِمَ مِن بَعْدِ مَوَاضِعِهِ يَقُولُونَ إِنْ أُوتِيتُمْ هَٰذَا فَخُذُوهُ وَإِن لَّمْ تُؤْتَوْهُ فَاحْذَرُوا وَمَن يُرِدِ اللَّهُ فِتْنَتَهُ فَلَن تَمْلِكَ لَهُ مِنَ اللَّهِ شَيْئًا أُولَٰئِكَ الَّذِينَ لَمْ يُرِدِ اللَّهُ أَن يُطَهِّرَ قُلُوبَهُمْ لَهُمْ فِي الدُّنْيَا خِزْيٌ وَلَهُمْ فِي الْآخِرَةِ عَذَابٌ عَظِيمٌ

O Apostle! let not those grieve you who strive together in hastening to unbelief from among those who say with their mouths: We believe, and their hearts do not believe, and from among those who are Jews; they are listeners for the sake of a lie, listeners for another people who have not come to you; they alter the words from their places, saying: If you are given this, take it, and if you are not given this, be cautious; and as for him whose temptation Allah desires, you cannot control anything for him with Allah. Those are they for whom Allah does not desire that He should purify their hearts; they shall have disgrace in this world, and they shall have a grievous chastisement in the hereafter.

I was just listening to this ayat in sura الماءِدة

and I thought that I would share it with you.

<cite>

AYB, Before we continue this discussion---why don't you give us a little dacwa and define for us what atheism is...

Sxb you can dwell on this all you want. My definition of atheism is that of a dictionary i.e. a worldview (belief if you like) in which God does not exist. Yes, it means no prophets, no virgins to devour in heaven (Im sorry :( ), no biblical torture chambers, no donkeys that take an Arab bedouin into outer space, no angels, or jins, all of that good stuff. Basically a non belief in ancient fairy tales :D

Does that satisfy you?

Johnny B   

Claiming that Atheism is Theism and disowning your family member is encouraging free-thinking among your family members,is not only a grotesque piece of reasoning, it doesn't qualify for being respectable idea in its own right held by a respectable sane human being, hence, I rest my case.

Khayr   

That is all negation. You have not made any affirmations, confirmations nor stated your values.

It is always easy to negate and play the ancient superstitions card. All you have chosen to do is rehash what other keyboard bigots do. Pick a side and stand up for it.

Khayr   

Claiming that Atheism is Theism and disowning your family member is encouraging free-thinking among your family members,is not only a grotesque piece of reasoning, it doesn’t qualify for being respectable idea in its own right held by a respectable sane human being, hence, I rest my case.

-Atheism contains theism. An atheist's diety is their belief that their thoughts are Absolute. That their thoughts are Absolutely correct for eternity.

An Atheist has that conviction. The only True Atheists would be Scientists because they have that ardent conviction that they can understand the multiverse better then the Creator by replacing God with theorems and accidentalities.

Most people these days are Agnostics and Liberal Secularists. They lack conviction and just recycle what they have been exposed to. They can't even defend their positions anymore because they lack conviction to anything but their Opinions.

Reddit, Facebook and twitter being a prime examples of Agnostic culture and thought patterns.

Sxb you can dwell on this all you want. My definition of atheism is that of a dictionary i.e. a worldview (belief if you like) in which God does not exist. Yes, it means no prophets, no virgins to devour in heaven (Im sorry
:(
), no biblical torture chambers, no donkeys that take an Arab bedouin into outer space, no angels, or jins, all of that good stuff. Basically a non belief in ancient fairy tales
:D
Does that satisfy you?

No.

The core of most (especially Abrahamic) religions is 1) the recognition of a Creator and 2) a conception of an afterlife. Atheism rejects God as the Creator and Heaven/Hell as the permanent abode of human beings. However, the universe exists and death is imminent. Atheists in their rejection of a Creator and an Afterlife, must answer these two questions by providing alternative explanations. These alternative explanations are the basis for what we have defined as religion.

You may say that religions come with a set of moral beliefs and rituals. For an illustration that atheism carries its own sense of morality and codes of conduct, see below.

Claiming that Atheism is Theism and disowning your family member is encouraging free-thinking among your family members,is not only a grotesque piece of reasoning, it doesn't qualify for being respectable idea in its own right held by a respectable sane human being, hence, I rest my case.

Claiming that atheism is [not] theism and [not] disowning your family members after [committing kufr] is encouraging free-thinking among your family members is not only a grotesque piece of reasoning, it doesn't qualify for being a respectable idea in it's own right held by a respectable sane human being.

Hence, I rest my case.

Safferz   

<cite>

Atheism is another form of theism. It advocates for certain social values to be adopted ( gender equality, homosexuality, human rights... the list is endless) and forbids other "backward" values to flourish. Just like religion.The only real difference is the believe in the supernatural (even here it's pretty close as atheists do worship the great god, lord secularism).

The only real defensible position to take is naturalism, no bs social values weights it down.

Atheism doesn't advocate anything, it's simply the absence of a belief in and the rejection of a god/gods. Atheists fall everywhere on the political spectrum and have diverse views on society, it's not a coherent ideology and value system like an organized religion.