Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Amal Farah, a Somali immmigrant living in the UK, is disowned by her family after declaring she is an atheist

Rahima   

<cite>
said:</cite>

How is her choosing not to believe in Islam causing harm exactly?

Elaborate please, because you are not making any sense. The fact that her family chose to cut ties with their own daughter, just because she chose not to believe in the religion of her parents speaks volumes of the intolerant nature of Islam. Its disgusting.

You wouldn't understand because you yourself are participating in Islamaphobia. I would normally say read up on it, look into how it's perpetuated and spread and then provide you with examples of how it projects into real life harm- but I'm certain from your response that you are very familiar with all that. The woman is not just an apostate, she is an apostate who has set out to cause problems for those of her former religion. If she stayed in her little world and left Islam I'd just think she was a fool, but the fact she has taken this action proves this woman has a greater goal, let's see what it is.

With regards to her family, it's interesting that we seem to assume that they did not try with her. As for cutting the ties of kinship, if the harm is greater than any good that could be achieved they must cut her out- for all we know she was spewing her propaganda to the more impressionable members of the family.

It is not like her Mother is encouraging freedom of thought by disowning her.

She is. Tell me why she is not?

Is it true? Does Islam demand disowning your children, if they question it's
conformity to Reality
?

It appears you have already made up your mind. It would be fruitless to engage this topic on the merits.

<cite>

You wouldn't understand because you yourself are participating in Islamaphobia. I would normally say read up on it, look into how it's perpetuated and spread and then provide you with examples of how it projects into real life harm- but I'm certain from your response that you are very familiar with all that. The woman is not just an apostate, she is an apostate
who has set out to cause problems for those of her former religion
. If she stayed in her little world and left Islam I'd just think she was a fool, but the fact she has taken this action proves this woman has a greater goal, let's see what it is.

With regards to her family, it's interesting that we seem to assume that they did not try with her. As for cutting the ties of kinship, if the harm is greater than any good that could be achieved they must cut her out- for all we know she was spewing her propaganda to the more impressionable members of the family.

Cause problems how exactly? Elaborate please.

AYB^ Kettle. Pot. Black.

Please do not pretend that atheism or secularism is some sort of neutral township where reason, rationality and tolerance operate. They are both theistic positions--in opposition to ancient and established religions.

In other words mate, you're far more religious than most of us here. You just happen to believe in a different faith.

<cite>

AYB^ Kettle. Pot. Black.

Please do not pretend that atheism or secularism is some sort of neutral township where reason, rationality and tolerance operate. They are both theistic positions--in opposition to ancient and established religions.

In other words mate, you're far more religious than most of us here. You just happen to believe in a different faith.

LOL Should we also mention the fact that AYB is notorious for not having a single original thought in his mind? All he's been known for, on this forum, is copying/pasting OTHER people's arguments and then passing it off as his own.

And then when he posts other's arguments, he reveals his astounding lack of knowledge of the most basic principles of Islam. And then he has the nerve to claim that he's the one who holds the keys to rationalism and logic.

<cite>

AYB^ Kettle. Pot. Black.

How so? You seem to be so drenched in theistic dogma that you can not even imagine a different approach to life. The assertion that atheism is somehow a theistic position is one that is deliberately omitting the a in atheism (hayye). Secularism is not a belief system as such, I really do not know who told you that, it is a position that could be described as the lack of theism, i.e. could not be described as theistic.

BTW, you have described it beautifully (atheism or secularism is some sort of neutral township where reason, rationality and tolerance operate).

Mahadsanid :D

Khayr   

BTW, you have described it beautifully (atheism or secularism is some sort of neutral township where reason, rationality and tolerance operate).

Offbase, that is not what he said. Please read carefully again.

Please do not pretend that atheism or secularism is some sort of neutral township where reason, rationality and tolerance operate.

Secularism is all about intolerance. It is colonialism at its best.

<cite>

Offbase, that is not what he said. Please read carefully again.

Secularism is all about intolerance. It is colonialism at its best.

Brother Khayr horta adiga xagga comprehensionka si baad katahay ya akhi, waxa kugu fiican in Quraan lagugu tufo :D

I would be more than happy in aan Quraan kugu tufo. I would do that for you dear brother.

TheFutureNow,

That would be a little too difficult for AllYourBase to do. He has no principles and therefore he has no criterion for judging anything at all. AllYourBase is an empty shell.

He's the type of person who's good at copying/pasting arguments from others but when he's asked about his own beliefs, principles, and values, he stutters and struggles to say anything coherent.

P.S. Secularism is indeed a belief-system AllYourBase, as it grew out of the European sectarian wars of the 16th and 17th centuries, with the adamant belief that religion be separated from public life. So let's not even go there saaxib

That would be a little too difficult for AllYourBase to do. He has no principles and therefore he has no criterion for judging anything at all. AllYourBase is an empty shell.

I disagree. AYB is constantly judging the merits of a theistic worldview. Thus, his arguments may be built on some sort of belief system with principles that stand in opposition to a religious understanding of the world.

AYB--please enlighten us.

TheFutureNow, yes....he is judging the merits of a theistic world-view

But when he's asked to elaborate on his own world-view, he becomes silent. I'm telling you, the man is just an empty shell.

I challenged him in another thread to elaborate on his world-view and values but AllYourBase was strangely silent and unable to articulate anything worthwhile.