Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

In defence of Lucas!

BOB   

If you believe me...I'd rather have Song than Mascherano Wallah.

Mascherano has never impressed me at all and I don't rate him one bit, he does more harm than good, he commits unneccessary fouls at the wrong place at the wrong time and gets carded unneccessarily which in the end puts the team in trouble...he's same with Wilson Palacios.

Nothing personal...just my opinion.

Peace, Love & Unity.

N.O.R.F   

Come on Bobster. Song doesn't have any positional sense, can't pass and can't tackle. I haven't seen him have a good game against top class opposition.

Mascherano is the best holding midfielder around. I know his passing isn't top notch but its better than any other holding midfielder in the same mold (Melo, Song, Fletcher, Busquests, Diara etc).

N.O.R.F   

^He won't play if Macherano is still there. He will be 2nd in line and Roy will play with one defensive midfielder and not two.

NGONGE   

^^ Lets have a bet. I am telling you here and now that Roy is going to play Lucas in most of Liverpool's games next season (if the yanks don't sell him that is). :D

Macherano wants to go.

N.O.R.F   

^It would help if I actually who will be playing for us next season. :D

Hope they sell Aquilani as well.

Who is this Wilson kid we just signed?

1 - Reina

2 - Johnson

3 - ??

4 - Carragher/Skertel

5 - Agger

6 - Mascherano

7 - Kuyt

8 - Gerrard

9 - Torres

10 - Cole

11 - Babel

NGONGE   

^^ You still have hope for Babel? I hope they sell him and buy an extra striker with the money. We have enough 'wingers' in the team to cope with such a "loss". :D

Wilson is the Scottish young player of the year. He's a defender.

I also believe (and almost certain) that Cole is going to be utter crap. At least we didn't waste a fee on him. :D

N.O.R.F   

Riera is going. Total waste.

Babel will come good because he will get a chance. I hope he plays on the right and converts into a winger (he is a striker by the way).

NGONGE   

^^ He's rubbish at both jobs, saaxib. Plus, Rafa almost always played him as a winger and he only ever had one good (half) game. War waa qashin foqal qashin. Rubbish Riera was better than him.

N.O.R.F   

^When he has had a run in the team he has done well. Your memory only goes back to last season (don't worry, I understand :D ). A few seasons ago (when we finished 2nd) he had a good season because he was given a chance and played more games.

Rafa was just a stubborn, grudge holding manager. He played Riera more than Babel even though Riera did absolutley nothing for 2 seasons. All because he didn't like him.

NGONGE   

^^ Not at all. I never rated the guy and, if we're talking about 'memory', I'll politely remind you that we have had argument about him BEFORE last season. :D

NGONGE   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

^^ The team still has problems. The wing boys are rubbish. The manager should really play his fullbacks as wingers and get rid of Babel or play him as a second striker. The two South Americans in the middle both had a great game. The defence didn't have much to do. But the front boys still leave a lot to be desired.

(It will be easier in the second leg).

In Feb 2008, you said:

Originally posted by Northerner:

Giggs cant run anymore. Bentley is over-rated and Pennant is cr*p!

And I replied:

^^ Yet ALL can cross better than Kewell & Babel!

In the same year, I said to someone:

Don't become like Northerner and focus on one player. Babel is rubbish and shall remain rubbish for good (just like Kewell for North). Rafa is a good manager but he's no good at spotting good players. I would not have even bought Torres if I were Liverpool manager (as good as Torres is). Crouch is as good as Adabayor, saaxib. He's at home in a Liverpool shirt and would be the same in ANY shirt. The team does not play to his strengths and Rafa has a Gerrard fixation.

And again (same year):

^^ Gerard did not do badly on the right. Your excuses are no good. Babel had potential but his turnover when compared to the number of times he was played (even as a striker) does not stand up to scrutiny.

Check out the stats, saaxib. Or even better, try to remember one game when he really did the business for Liverpool! War even Pennant did it against Chelsea last season. I am yet to see anything Babel did that convinces me of the guy’s potential.

As for wingers, I think you are both wrong. Lennon is a typical winger and he’s doing the business for Spurs. Bentley is doing it for Blackburn. Duff (back when he could run) was a good crosser of the ball. Ashley Young (even though he’s right footed) has been doing it for Villa. But the real, proper, knock out winger in the league in recent times has been that Dutch sicknote that used to play for Chelsea (what was his name again?).

Waxa ban kugo nacay. :D

N.O.R.F   

^That tells me absolutely nothing!

Lets compare Babel and Riera.

Babel Stats

He has played 129 games with 71 as sub and has scored 20 goals (thats a goal every 6 games overall and a goal every 2.95 games when he has started).

Last season he played 38 games with 23 as sub and he got 6 goals (thats a goal every 6.3 games overall and a goal every 2.5 games when he has started).

Riera Stats

He has played 56 games with 11 as sub and has scored 5 goals (thats a goal every 11.2 games overall and a goal every 9 games when he has started).

Last season he played 16 games with 4 as sub and didn't score.

I can't find the assists but it would be interesting.