Sign in to follow this  
Admin

Captain Phillips' star Barkhad Abdi's incredible journey - Waiting for an Oscar nomination

Admin   

CBS - The rookie actor who grew up amid Somalia's civil war earned SAG and Golden Globe nominations for his first film role, as a pirate opposite Tom Hanks in "Captain Phillips." Mo Rocca sits down with first-time actor Barkhad Abdi to talk about his life story that could be a movie itself.

http://www.somaliaonline.com/bulsho2/captain-phillips-star-barkhad-abdis-incredible-journey-waiting-for-an-oscar-nomination-2/

Angelina Jolie in comparison is good looking? Huh?

I know we are nt comparing like with like, bt think abt it, wadaadaay!

what future roles can this guy secure, even he wins? skinny east african muslim. limited, unless the Youth go mad big time and again they require skinnies playing skinnies.

We had mooryaantii go to town with the US GI's, result Black hawk down. And then the lucrative biz of piracy comes Captain Philips. Next?

Safferz   

<cite>
said:</cite>

We had mooryaantii go to town with the US GI's, result Black hawk down. And then the lucrative biz of piracy comes Captain Philips. Next?

An Al-Shabaab film, of course :P

Well done to Barkhad, I believe this is the first ever Somali nomination at the Academy Awards.

It is true though that he might be limited when it comes to roles in the future, I can not see him able to be versatile with his acting.